Environmental Words of Wisdom from Ocasio-Cortez

We must address climate change by “inventing technology that’s never even been invented yet."

She characteristically spent much of her time talking about income inequality, and her points about climate change were mostly related to economic justice. She called for “fully funding the pensions” of coal miners and “inventing technology that’s never even been invented yet,” but said all of these proposals need to be consolidated under a “Green New Deal” because these issues cannot be handled piecemeal.

Ocasio-Cortez says climate crisis will be the moon landing, civil rights movement and Great Society of this generation

Well..... I guess that's not technically wrong....... :abgg2q.jpg:

She's right.

Climate change is a big problem that if we don't address now will cause a lot of problems.

Some of the problems are already here.

Permafrost is melting in Alaska. Something that never happened until the last decade or so. They're having problems with buildings foundations sinking into the melted permafrost.

Rivers and lakes in my state and all over the west are drying up. Literally. For example the Nisqually River. It's source is Mt. Rainier glacier. It was a huge raging river that runs through Washington. It provided water for crops all over the state. It was used by fishermen for sport and commercial fishermen for decades. It was also used by sports lovers who loved to enjoy outdoors sports on that river.

This is what is left of it today. All that area of rocks is supposed to be covered by a very deep and large raging river. I took that photo this past September from close to it's source the glacier of Mt. Rainier. I could literally step over what's left of that river. All my life that was a huge raging river. Not anymore.

View attachment 233149

Why do you embarrass yourself?

No, it was guam
Of course she hasn't said anything nearly as stupid as Trump's comment that the Chinese invented global warming. That type of comment takes a special kind of brainlessness.

Well, hank johnson said guam was gonna tip over if they moved too many planes to one side of the island.

No, it was about moving Marines from Okinawa (also an island) to Guam.

No, it was guam. I was incorrect though on the planes. Hank was worried that too many marines on part of the island would tip it over. You have to credit willard for not busting out in raucous laughter though. Ol' hank.

Hank Johnson Worries Guam Could "Capsize" After Marine Buildup - CBS News

"Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is raising some eyebrows with a comment he made about the U.S. territory of Guam during a House Armed Services Committee hearing last Thursday.

In a discussion regarding a planned military buildup on the Pacific island, Johnson expressed some concerns about the plans to Adm. Robert Willard, head of the U.S. Pacific fleet.

"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Johnson said. Willard paused and replied, "We don't anticipate that."

We must address climate change by “inventing technology that’s never even been invented yet."

She characteristically spent much of her time talking about income inequality, and her points about climate change were mostly related to economic justice. She called for “fully funding the pensions” of coal miners and “inventing technology that’s never even been invented yet,” but said all of these proposals need to be consolidated under a “Green New Deal” because these issues cannot be handled piecemeal.

Ocasio-Cortez says climate crisis will be the moon landing, civil rights movement and Great Society of this generation

2nd in her class at Boston U.

Makes you want to fork over your money to send your kids there doesn’t it?

She's got a long way to go to catch up with Trump's asinine comments:

Too many to list but here are a few:

"My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well been documented, are various other parts of my body."

"Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?"

“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

"I'll tell you, it's Big Business. If there is one word to describe Atlantic City, it's Big Business."

Trump is the undisputed champion of vacuous, inane and rampant stupidity. Thanks for reminding us of that.
Trump exaggerates...often. AOC just says flat out stupid shit...often.

I read the link again

So Mars is now 300 million miles away from earth?

When did that happen?

You have to be a fact-based decision maker,” Ross said. “So I trust the scientists in their field who can land a Mars rover 300 million miles from here versus somebody who really doesn’t have any education or expertise in climate change.”

the good news is, despite Trump, all over the world, there are major breakthroughs in energy efficiency and sustainable energy. cost of wind is going down. cost of solar is going down.

we need to weatherize our buildings and create millions of jobs. we know what to do. technology will only get better in the years to come. i fear for my grandchildren. California, Alaska, Florida, New Mexico etc as custodians of the planet, we have to take on the greed of the fossil fuel industry and abolish fossil fuels

the good news is, despite Trump, all over the world, there are major breakthroughs in energy efficiency and sustainable energy. cost of wind is going down. cost of solar is going down.

we need to weatherize our buildings and create millions of jobs. we know what to do. technology will only get better in the years to come. i fear for my grandchildren. California, Alaska, Florida, New Mexico etc as custodians of the planet, we have to take on the greed of the fossil fuel industry and abolish fossil fuels
Fossil fuels have nothing to do with any of it, other than being affordable compared to other energy.

She doesn’t make gaffs
Except, thats what this thread is about. A gaffe.

It’s one in a long succession of gaffes.
Right, the ones that don't exist. Got it. May a wiser move for her would have been to seek the republic presidential nomination, then

People have run with the joke. I have posted memes that make fun of her stupidity and quote stuff she didn’t really say, but the reason those memes exist is because of the MANY real things she has said that is straight up ignorant. That is what I was talking about as a long succession of “gaffes”.

Forum List

Back