Enough B S! What is damaging in the speakers new bill?

If I were in a position to actually do something, and Im not.
I would raise the limit just enough to make it through 3 months. I would then add to that a cap that would run the country for at least the next 5 years without another limit raise.
The catch to the 5 year plan is that it could only be raised equal to cuts made from the other end.

look at it this way. You are doing really good at your job, making big bucks.
You buy the big house, 5 or 6 expensive cars, best home electronics etc... and its all on credit. big payments but what the hell, you make the money to pay.

Now you lose your job, and your new job only pays half. Suddenly, you find yourself financially embarrassed, you cant make payments.

Do you get another credit card to make payments on the other loans with?
Do you sell the cars, maybe downsize the house until you are once again making the payments on time with the salary you bring home.

Raising that debt limit will only work until you have borrowed enough again to hit the top.

If the country is ever going to recover, hard choices have to be made. deep cuts will have to come.
That might mean that social programs are first hit, Why shouldnt people on welfare either get laid off or go through a furlough?
bringing back our military to our own shores for the time being.
closing the border and running those currently here illegally out.
Might mean making National parks charge an entrance fee that would almost take care of the expense of running them.
could mean closing tax loopholes.
No more foreign aid. ( if you are the guy above, would you lend your friend 1000 bucks when you could not even pay your own bills?)
Drilling our own oil to supply our needs until a workable alternative is in place would save billions a month.

lots of ways to do it.

I'm still waiting on one of you brave libs to jump out there with a legit criticism of this bill without the talking points....... anyone?

Partially correct but you left out the tax increase that was to accompany them.

That's right. Republicans actually have to compromise if they want entitlement cuts. Imagine that? Actually acting like a mature adult?

They put that on the table, then Obama changed the agreement.

I love your signature BTW

a dancing fruitloop. toucan sam would be very proud.

Partially correct but you left out the tax increase that was to accompany them.

That's right. Republicans actually have to compromise if they want entitlement cuts. Imagine that? Actually acting like a mature adult?

They put that on the table, then Obama changed the agreement.

I love your signature BTW

a dancing fruitloop. toucan sam would be very proud.

Fruit loops are just gay cherrios.

No talking points. Keep it based in reality. Everyone on the left claims this bill will do great harm to our country. Put your money where your taking points are and point out the specifics of why this bill is bad for our nation.

Keep in mind most Americans won't care who the author is if its a good bill. So to simply say "its not bipartisan" isn't relative.

Keep it real? How dare you suggest others "keep it real"; you're a troll, a right wing troll.

Have you read the bill passed today by the House today?

I haven't, but I do not trust Republicans and the radical Repubicans leading on this issue have an agenda to gut Medicare and Social Security. How do I know, they've been saying so; they want to "cut entitlements", code for cutting medicare and social security. Yet they defend tax benefits for millionaires and billionaires.

No talking points. Keep it based in reality. Everyone on the left claims this bill will do great harm to our country. Put your money where your taking points are and point out the specifics of why this bill is bad for our nation.

Keep in mind most Americans won't care who the author is if its a good bill. So to simply say "its not bipartisan" isn't relative.

Keep it real? How dare you suggest others "keep it real"; you're a troll, a right wing troll.

Have you read the bill passed today by the House today?

I haven't, but I do not trust Republicans and the radical Repubicans leading on this issue have an agenda to gut Medicare and Social Security. How do I know, they've been saying so; they want to "cut entitlements", code for cutting medicare and social security. Yet they defend tax benefits for millionaires and billionaires.

Your in my thread spouting party line garbage and im the troll? Nice try... :cuckoo:

If I were Boehner I'd call Reid's bluff and refuse to accept anything but the bill that was passed in the House. What's the worst that would happen? We'd not raise the debt ceiling? The country would be better off for it. Rip the band aid off all at once and get it over with- we need to cut spending!! Nobody every quite smoking by "cutting down" and these clowns in DC won't stop overspending until they have no options.

I'm still waiting on one of you brave libs to jump out there with a legit criticism of this bill without the talking points....... anyone?

So you want legitimate criticism of the bill but you ignore legitimate criticism of the bill already given. You still haven't even addressed the idea of the Super Congress.

So you want legitimate criticism of the bill but you ignore legitimate criticism of the bill already given. You still haven't even addressed the idea of the Super Congress.

For the second time.... I didn't ignore it.

I guess I'm not gonna get a legit answer until the new marching orders are issued.

What part do I have an issue with? The elimination of the mortgage interest deduction. Lets add more of a burden on the middle class, further damage the housing market and associated markets.

I guess I'm not gonna get a legit answer until the new marching orders are issued.

What part do I have an issue with? The elimination of the mortgage interest deduction. Lets add more of a burden on the middle class, further damage the housing market and associated markets.

I agree with this but probably not for the same reason as you. That deduction directly impacts new construction and major renovations. (jobs)

I agree with this but probably not for the same reason as you. That deduction directly impacts new construction and major renovations. (jobs)

It directly impacts me. It's my largest deduction which I can ill afford to lose and I'm sure the same is true for most middle class filers.

It directly impacts me. It's my largest deduction which I can ill afford to lose and I'm sure the same is true for most middle class filers.

Did the GOP bother to state their reasoning behind getting rid of it?

From my understanding it only applies to people in the upper income bracket. None the less it will have adverse impacts on employment.

From my understanding it only applies to people in the upper income bracket. None the less it will have adverse impacts on employment.

No, it's reduced for everyone but the reason is it's the largest of all tax deductions taken. Oh and the Dems are in agreement with this one.

No, it's reduced for everyone but the reason is it's the largest of all tax deductions taken. Oh and the Dems are in agreement with this one.

I was unaware that its original core had been changed. But I guess it is at least fair. Although that now shows that this bill does infact raise taxes. I don't get it. Why not go after actual loopholes and make the tax code fair for all?

I was unaware that its original core had been changed. But I guess it is at least fair. Although that now shows that this bill does infact raise taxes. I don't get it. Why not go after actual loopholes and make the tax code fair for all?

Oh and from what I read, second mortgages are exempt. I'm beginning to believe that neither party has the middle classes best interest at heart.

Oh and from what I read, second mortgages are exempt. I'm beginning to believe that neither party has the middle classes best interest at heart.

It looks like they adapted that from the Coburn plan. I remember reading about that when I was looking up the highlights of the bill.

Forum List

Back