"End gun violence"

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Any number of organizations state their goal is to end gun violence, or some variation thereof.

Their means to this end, invariably, is to law restrictions on the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms by the law abiding.

ad nauseam

Obvious
disconnect here:
Making it harder for people to exercise their rights will not end gun violence -- because as long as there are guns, there will be gun violence.

The only way to end gun violence is to... get rid of all the guns.
All of them.
ALL of them.
And prevent the creation of more.

So, there organizations either...
Don't REALLY want tto end gun violence, or...
Want to get rid of all the guns. ALL of them,

Either way: they're lying - about their objective, or their means to achieve them.

Why do these people lie?
Why do the people who really and truly want to reduce gun violence not take these liars to task?

Some behave this way out of fear. Some do it for political gain. Those in government do it for power and control. My answer to them is simple. I believe they'd embrace hundreds of thousands of deaths if the cause were to disarm others. At the same time they wail about a few hundred who die each decade from crazies who randomly kill.
I don't think they will succeed until after we Boomers have all gone into the grave.

I have always failed to understand how some people thing that the way to reduce gun violence is to restrict gun ownership by responsible people while knowing it will not restrict gun ownership by the people actually producing the gun violence. Did those folks get dropped on their heads as children or something?

They never tell us how they intend to take all the guns away....

Even the suggestion by lawmakers of stricter gun laws causes yet another rush by citizens to obtain guns. They should just shut up about it.

Another irony is that these same anti's want to eliminate all drug laws, which would eventually lead to yet more gun violence and other crimes.

I have always failed to understand how some people thing that the way to reduce gun violence is to restrict gun ownership by responsible people while knowing it will not restrict gun ownership by the people actually producing the gun violence. Did those folks get dropped on their heads as children or something?
This is because their goal is to restrict lawful ownership and use of firearms as much as they possibly can - "gun violence" is just their excuse.

Any number of organizations state their goal is to end gun violence, or some variation thereof.

Their means to this end, invariably, is to law restrictions on the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms by the law abiding.

ad nauseam

Obvious
disconnect here:
Making it harder for people to exercise their rights will not end gun violence -- because as long as there are guns, there will be gun violence.

The only way to end gun violence is to... get rid of all the guns.
All of them.
ALL of them.
And prevent the creation of more.

So, there organizations either...
Don't REALLY want tto end gun violence, or...
Want to get rid of all the guns. ALL of them,

Either way: they're lying - about their objective, or their means to achieve them.

Why do these people lie?
Why do the people who really and truly want to reduce gun violence not take these liars to task?
Like all constitutional rights, the right to own weapons is not absolute.

That said, dems spend to much time trying to cultivate narratives to justify weapon control for their voters.

Both sides need to end this constant back and forth, come up with a compromise, and move on. This won't happen though because wedge issues are to politically important to be squandered on reasonable legislation.

Like all constitutional rights, the right to own weapons is not absolute.

That said, dems spend to much time trying to cultivate narratives to justify weapon control for their voters.

Both sides need to end this constant back and forth, come up with a compromise, and move on. This won't happen though because wedge issues are to politically important to be squandered on reasonable legislation.

My home is protected by the 2nd amendment.
Nothing can be more absolute than this!!

There will be no end of gun violence just like there will be no end of drug abuse. It is all just wishful thinking.

People are violent animals therefore there will always be violence.

or as I like to say

People kill people
People have always killed people
People will always kill people.

Is the statute of limitations up? If a serious advocacy group was really interested in justice they might consider the indictment of former, former president Obama, his A.G. and the ranking officers in the ATF for their roll in shipping thousands of illegal weapons to Mexico during "Operation Fast/Furious". At least one American Police Officer was killed with one of the weapons and perhaps hundreds of innocent Mexican citizens. If not, the issue is purely political.

Forum List

Back