Employment Gains for December and January Revised UPWARD by 15% in Latest BLS Report

I remember all those post from you singing the praises of Obama when the country added 869,000 jobs in a 3 month period.

That was less than 300,000 jobs per month. We added 313,000 jobs last month, the shortest month of the year.

As a matter of fact, I did acknowledge good economic news when it happened under Obama. Check my posting history. But I also noted that Obama's recovery was the weakest recovery of the modern era.

You are correct, that is less than 300,000 per month, but it was a much higher monthly average than the 414,000 in two months you were crowing about.

I remember all those post from you singing the praises of Obama when the country added 869,000 jobs in a 3 month period.

That was less than 300,000 jobs per month. We added 313,000 jobs last month, the shortest month of the year.

As a matter of fact, I did acknowledge good economic news when it happened under Obama. Check my posting history. But I also noted that Obama's recovery was the weakest recovery of the modern era.

You are correct, that is less than 300,000 per month, but it was a much higher monthly average than the 414,000 in two months you were crowing about.

It takes time to undo the effects of years of choking regulations and tax hikes. Trump has done an amazing job with the economy in 14 months.

And the good economic news is not limited to job growth. The Stock Market took off weeks after Trump took office, because they knew they had an ally in the White House. The huge jump in manufacturing jobs in February--31,000--is the largest one-month increase since the 1960s. Hundreds of billions of dollars are now pouring back to the U.S. thank to the Trump tax cuts, especially the special repatriation tax rate. Etc., etc., etc.

It's just really sad that so many liberals here are so extremely partisan that you can't welcome good economic news.

It takes time to undo the effects of years of choking regulations and tax hikes. Trump has done an amazing job with the economy in 14 months.

And the good economic news is not limited to job growth. The Stock Market took off weeks after Trump took office, because they knew they had an ally in the White House. The huge jump in manufacturing jobs in February--31,000--is the largest one-month increase since the 1960s. Hundreds of billions of dollars are now pouring back to the U.S. thank to the Trump tax cuts, especially the special repatriation tax rate. Etc., etc., etc.

It's just really sad that so many liberals here are so extremely partisan that you can't welcome good economic news.

Some of us are more skeptical in nature.

Yes, the stock market took off after Trump took office and once the euphoria wore off it is not stagnant, it is actually in the red since his one year anniversary. Which will be the new normal? I am actually good with slow and steady stock market growth that can be sustained, not a big fan of the roller coaster.

The jump in manufacturing jobs is huge and very good news, but it also highlights how unnecessary the Trump tariffs are.

I am happy to have a few hundred a month back in my taxes, but would be happier to have not gotten it instead of adding 1.5 trillion to the bill we are leaving our children and grandchildren.

Forum List

Back