Emily Blunt, the actress, regrets becoming a citizen….but became a citizen to avoid British taxes...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
After the GOP debate this nut said she regretted becoming a citizen of the United States….and then the producer of her knew movie called her and said, hey moron…you have a movie coming out and you just insulted half of the country……

Now we know why she became a citizen…..she wants to avoid paying the British tax rates…

Emily Blunt Became U.S. Citizen for Tax Reasons - Breitbart

The British actress became a U.S. citizen to avoid paying higher taxes in her home country, she said in a new interview.

“It’s mainly for tax reasons,” Blunt told the Sunday Times‘ Style magazine this weekend of her new dual US/UK citizenship. “I didn’t want to renounce my Queen.”

Despite telling Howard Stern last week that she was “happy” to be living in the United States, Blunt said that she felt differently on the day of her swearing-in ceremony.

“But I felt quite sad, actually,” she told the magazine. “Having to be sworn into a country that wasn’t mine. I know at the core of it I haven’t given up anything, but it was sort of bittersweet… it was odd.”

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter last month, Blunt, who is married to The Office actor John Krasinski and reportedly moved to California six years ago, suggested that watching the Republican presidential debate made her regret having acquiredUS citizenship.

“I became an American citizen recently, and that night, we watched the Republican debate and I thought, ‘This was a terrible mistake. What have I done?'” she said.

The actress followed up that comment with an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, where she called her dual citizenship “strange and slightly disarming” and said she “wasn’t entirely thrilled about it.”

“People ask me about the whole day,” Blunt said of her swearing-in ceremony. “They were like, ‘Oh, it must have been so emotional.’ I was like, ‘It wasn’t! It was sad!’ I like being British. It was the most bizarre day.”

Blunt rushed to apologize after Breitbart News first highlighted her comments, telling NBC’s Today show that her comment was an “offhand joke” and that her newly gained citizenship is “really meaningful.” It was likely no coincidence that Blunt’s apology camejust before the release of her big new drug war thriller film Sicario.

Forum List

Back