Zone1 Eliminate the Pitbull Menace

I like all animals, even pits.
Pitbulls have some wonderful traits but it is the "not so wonderful" traits that make them a menace.

They were bred for aggressiveness, strength, bred to fight.

Personally I've witnessed multiple pitbull attacks on other dogs and children. The attacks appear to be unprovoked but not from the pit's perspective.

The problem isn't the dogs, it is the owners.
These animals need to be properly trained, socialized, and under positive control 100% of the time.
Unfortunately many pitbull owners

The solution: Require, by law, that all pits and pit mixes be spayed or neutered with significant fines for owners and vets who fail or refuse to comply.

Over time, maybe 10 years or so, almost all pitbulls will die and the breed will disappear.

some might call this cruel but we, as a nation, kill some 10 MILLION of these animals annually in "shelters."
10 Million.

That's a lot of dead dogs and, still, the problem persists.

We can't remove the owners so the logical solution is to remove the breed.
There are a lot of pit bull owners who want their dogs to be vicious for home protection. They are a very dangerous breed and are incredibly strong.

You can train any dog to aggressive. Any dog.
BS thread
First, you don't need to train a pit to be aggressive, it is bred into them.
Second, that you didn't know that shows you're really not qualified to discuss the topic.
and
Third, if you have nothing to say, say that.

Dogs know when to breed because the smell of the female attracts them.

Exactly.

Again. It's all in the training...

images

Hunt em up...

They were originally bred to be companions to children.
And they were very good at it.
Later they were bred to fight in pits
What was doesn't change what is.
I've seen pits with their kids and they can be wonderful.
I've seen where pits with those same kids suddenly decided to rip the kid's face off.

No one knows what triggers it and no one knows when it might be triggered but every pit is prone to sudden violence.
It is bred into them.

Pheh... a German Shepherd is 100 times more effective and is 100 times more intelligent, so it doesn't just attack everything it sees.
GSDs have the ability to recognize human play vs. human aggression.
Many of people have been bit by pits when someone grabs a family member in play.
I took in a Red Nosed Pit two and a half years ago, as a puppy. Raised right along with the rest of my pack. He was super sweet to any person who met him. However... As time went by, he started becoming more, and more aggressive. First I kept finding random barn cats dead... then one day I had come home to find two of my dogs with some pretty serious bite wounds, and my house cat had been attacked as well. That was the final straw. This summer I took him out to the woods, and shot him. I had to be done. Dogs, no matter the breed can just... Turn. No matter what breed. Even German Shephards...

Rewind to back when I was about 7. I was at my cousins house, and we were playing in the basement, as that's where the play room was. Just a normal day. My aunt hollered down the stairs to come up for lunch
You don't have to tell us twice! So we started trotting up the steps, my cousin in the lead
At the top of the stairs my cousins two plus year old German Shephard, (the family protector) was waiting. Just standing there like he always did. When my cousin was head, to head height with the dog... It simply reached out, and bit his face. Horrifically so. It tore his face from an inch, or so above the scalp, down between his eyes, across the bridge of his nose, to just above his lip. The top quarter of his face was just a bloody flap. In all the pandemonium that immediately ensued, there were 3 gunshots. My uncle shot that fucking dog right there in the kitchen. So German Shepherds don't get a pass from me. I'll never own one. And I'll shoot any that come on to my property.

Your decision put your dog at risk.

Dogs know when to breed because the smell of the female attracts them. Sometimes from miles away. Dogs will jump, dig under fences. Make a bolt to the door/gate when opened.
and
Dogs will fight other dogs for the breeding opportunity.

You exposed your dog to the risks of being injured or killed in traffic or in a fight with other dogs.

You should reconsider your position.
I reconsidered my position years ago and he has kept his G-d given body intact. Never fled my property. Yeah he has whined when females go by and I get it, but the alternative was worse. I have been a good owner.

I've been around quite a few Pitbulls in my life time and I never saw any aggression from them at me in the slightest. I never got growled at or bit,.. but you know what kind of dog did growl at me and bite me? A Chihuahua. True story.

I don't see how saying that all Pitbulls are violent as to saying that all black people are violent or all Mexicans is any different.

Last edited:
Uh yes they were... like Pits, people were breeding them to be more aggressive.
Originally bred as a protection animal dobermans do have a level of aggressiveness that is multiplied by their athleticism. But, there is a reason why the fell out of favor with police and military.
There've been a total of 3 doberman attacks reported in the last 10 years as opposed to 20 over the previous 20 years.

This chart shows dog attacks by breed between 2014 and 2020
The Doberman is 14th on the list 4 spots behind Labs and more than 50% fewer incidents.

But back to the topic. Pits lead all by 600% in attacks and 1100% in deaths.

1707520868081.png

There are a lot of pit bull owners who want their dogs to be vicious for home protection. They are a very dangerous breed and are incredibly strong.
If those owners would control the animal there wouldn't be a problem.
A loose pit is like the cop who continually loses his gun in the bathroom at a high school.
Eventually someone's gonna get hurt.

Exactly!
But we can't get rid of the owners/handlers so...

It's none of my business is how I look at it.

I'm always prepared in case it's made my business, though. And I'm aware enough to know when there's getting ready to be some business.

Last edited:
Pheh... a German Shepherd is 100 times more effective and is 100 times more intelligent, so it doesn't just attack everything it sees.
GSDs have the ability to recognize human play vs. human aggression.
Many of people have been bit by pits when someone grabs a family member in play.
Pitbulls don’t attack anything it sees.

My pitbull mix only barks when some stranger comes to the house. Zero hostility to people outside of the house.

Forum List

Back