Elijah Cummings told Trump privately that he will go down as 1 of the greatest presidents ever

as usual everything republicans say is a lie

Here we have a wonderful example of how Donald Trump's mind works. Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings has spoken with Donald Trump on "several occasions" and has always had a consistent message for der Pumpkinfuhrer.

“During my meeting with the president and on several occasions since then, I have said repeatedly that he could be a great president if … if … he takes steps to truly represent all Americans rather than continuing on the divisive and harmful path he is currently on.”
Cummings, being a savvy political mind himself, is appealing here to Trump's own vanity. Why, you could be great! It will require changing your entire personality, you big dumb oaf, but it could happen!

You can guess, however, how Donald Trump interpreted this. See if you can spot the exact moment in Cummings' statement above where Donald Trump's mind switched from I am interested in this man to I am no longer interested in this man.

TRUMP: Elijah Cummings [a Democratic representative from Maryland] was in my office and he said, “You will go down as one of the great presidents in the history of our country.”
The man has the mind of a child. I don't mean that as an insult, but as observation: The man has the mind of a child. Whether it be a raging personality disorder or an attention span that can be measured in syllables, if it's not praise of Donald Trump, he simply doesn't hear it.
Trump: Elijah Cummings said I was the greatest president ever! Cummings: Yeah, um, no.

This is what EC said, "I have said repeatedly that he could be a great president if … if … he takes steps to truly represent all Americans rather than continuing on the divisive and harmful path he is currently on.”

IOW, EC is saying that Trump would rather be a divisive president on a "harmful path".

Trump is already the most divisive president in American history.

Forum List

Back