Electron microscope one of mans best inventions

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
It allows you to see bacteria and the details of an insect . It opened up the world of the very small
. I am not a scientist but it’s genius how they made it work . Electrons have the same wavelength as x-rays . They took advantage of this by using focus electron beams to to focus x-rays into an object

Maybe someone else can explain more

It allows you to see bacteria and the details of an insect . It opened up the world of the very small
. I am not a scientist but it’s genius how they made it work . Electrons have the same wavelength as x-rays . They took advantage of this by using focus electron beams to to focus x-rays into an object

They couldn't look at something living at first because it would've killed or destroyed it. I'm sure the military was peaked after hearing that.

You can see bacteria with regular light microscopes. But viruses, which are thousands of times smaller than bacteria, can be seen with an electron microscope.

Electrons have the same wavelength as x-rays . They took advantage of this by using focus electron beams to to focus x-rays into an object
I found out why the organic specimens or cells cannot be viewed with an electron microscope early on as it would kill them. It's not the electrons, but the preparation. The cells would have to be placed in a vacuum. How do they prepare to get around that in the newer models?

Forum List

Back