Electric Car Madness!!!!

The combination of economic solar and plug in hybrids give a homeowner the ability to power his home and vehicle for a much of his or her driving without paying a high electric bill. More economic independence for the homeowner, yet the "Conservatives" absolutely hate the idea.

LOL. Think that you will define technological developement, Flatulance? The development of the plug in hybrid will drive the development of a battery that will make the ev a viable vehicle. And the decrease in the cost of having one's own electricial generation will make that vehicle a must have for most home owners. Under $10K for a 5+ kw solar system is available right now.

You keep saying that. But charging your car from SOLAR is a non-starter. Your car is gonna charge from the grid. If you want to go into the solar biz to subsidize your poor economic choices. Be my guest...

Go ask Nissan about charging the Leaf from a solar panel..... It's not in manual for good solid technical reasons...

What the fuck kind of an engineer are you, Flatulance? Did you not note the grid tied aspect of the solar sytems? Of course you are charging your car from the grid. But if you have a stand alone system, you still can use an invertor to convert your battery voltage to 60 hz current at the voltage needed.

Constantly you post objections to solar systems that have zero basis in present reality. I find it hard to believe that you are any kind of engineer. Millions of these grid tied systems in use around the world right now.

Go look up any graph on the sale of hybrids over the last 3 years and tell me they are the wave of the future.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....oh kookster, you have got to be one of the stupidest retards in the world......

Electric Car & Hybrid Car Sales up 164% in June
Clean Technica
July 23, 2012
(excerpts)
No matter the roller coaster ride gas prices take us on, or perhaps due to it, consumers are steadily purchasing hybrid and electric vehicles. Highlights of the last year in electric and hybrid cars include a 164% increase in June 2012 sales, compared to June 2011. Folks at Kelley Blue Book expect hybrid and electric vehicle (EV) sales to slow a bit — but not nosedive — as gas prices decline. Movers and shakers in the alternative-energy car category include Lexus and Chevrolet. The Blue Book Market Report highlights a 500% increase in sales of the Lexus CT200h year-over-year. The Chevy Volt had a 200% year-over-year increase in sales. The Volt may be more popular because of its longer driving range — 379 miles; however, the Volt is not entirely electric, a sticking point for some of the EV hardliners. Toyota had a big year with its Prius, as well. Alec Gutierrez, senior market analyst of automotive insights for Kelley Blue Book, said Prius sales surged “more than 300 percent from June of last year. The Prius has been in high demand since the introduction of the subcompact Prius c and wagon-esque Prius v. Sales numbers for the Prius look especially strong due to the inventory shortages that plagued Toyota at this time last year.”
Thats right.........Im the retarded one.
That's right.......you sure are......extremely......delusional too......

As I am always fond of saying.........far left guys ALWAYS leave out the "Compared to what?" part of the equation. Thats why ALL OF THEIR LINKS throw out these magical numbers like "increase of 164%!!". But its never placed in context by any of these k00ks.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.......oh they definitely included the 'compared to what' part but you're just too unbelievably retarded to understand what you're reading, you pathetic idiot.

a 164% increase in June 2012 sales, compared to June 2011......a 500% increase in sales of the Lexus CT200h year-over-year......a 200% year-over-year increase in sales........Prius sales surged “more than 300 percent from June of last year

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....oh kookster, you have got to be one of the stupidest retards in the world......

Electric Car & Hybrid Car Sales up 164% in June
Clean Technica
July 23, 2012
(excerpts)
No matter the roller coaster ride gas prices take us on, or perhaps due to it, consumers are steadily purchasing hybrid and electric vehicles. Highlights of the last year in electric and hybrid cars include a 164% increase in June 2012 sales, compared to June 2011. Folks at Kelley Blue Book expect hybrid and electric vehicle (EV) sales to slow a bit — but not nosedive — as gas prices decline. Movers and shakers in the alternative-energy car category include Lexus and Chevrolet. The Blue Book Market Report highlights a 500% increase in sales of the Lexus CT200h year-over-year. The Chevy Volt had a 200% year-over-year increase in sales. The Volt may be more popular because of its longer driving range — 379 miles; however, the Volt is not entirely electric, a sticking point for some of the EV hardliners. Toyota had a big year with its Prius, as well. Alec Gutierrez, senior market analyst of automotive insights for Kelley Blue Book, said Prius sales surged “more than 300 percent from June of last year. The Prius has been in high demand since the introduction of the subcompact Prius c and wagon-esque Prius v. Sales numbers for the Prius look especially strong due to the inventory shortages that plagued Toyota at this time last year.”
Thats right.........Im the retarded one.
That's right.......you sure are......extremely......delusional too......

As I am always fond of saying.........far left guys ALWAYS leave out the "Compared to what?" part of the equation. Thats why ALL OF THEIR LINKS throw out these magical numbers like "increase of 164%!!". But its never placed in context by any of these k00ks.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.......oh they definitely included the 'compared to what' part but you're just too unbelievably retarded to understand what you're reading, you pathetic idiot.

a 164% increase in June 2012 sales, compared to June 2011......a 500% increase in sales of the Lexus CT200h year-over-year......a 200% year-over-year increase in sales........Prius sales surged “more than 300 percent from June of last year

LOL........when you sell 100 and get a 100% increase, you're still only selling 200 asshole!!!

My graph a few posts back tells the whole story about hybrids. The only people driving around in those things now are the people who are forced to drive them just to be able to feel more relevant. Most people couldnt give a shit and are quite happy with their non-hybrid vehicle.

Watch this vid of this Prius driver. An angry miserable fuck who is also a mental case.......................the basic attitude is present in most hybrid drivers........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdMySWfAIQ]You got to see this, Getting yelled at for the diesel truck I drive - YouTube[/ame]

Im wondering if this is not Rolling Thunders sister in this vid????

By the way........the guy in the truck is far too limpwristed. If this woman did this to me, Id be backing my Mustang up to her car and doing a humongous smokey burnout right next to her and laughing my balls off the whole time!!!

Last edited:
Oh.......just in case anybody missed this graph that illustrates just how deep in Disney RT lives!!!!..............

hybrid-electric-vehicle-sales-usa-2002-2012.gif

Once again, look at the last numbers on the graph. 2012 is, of course, incomplete. However, at 3.5 million total vehicle sales, the hybrids and ev's are at 106K. If they sell 12 million vehicles, as they did in 2011, then you will see about 350K hybrids and ev's sold. Bet the total will be over 400K this year.

LOL. Think that you will define technological developement, Flatulance? The development of the plug in hybrid will drive the development of a battery that will make the ev a viable vehicle. And the decrease in the cost of having one's own electricial generation will make that vehicle a must have for most home owners. Under $10K for a 5+ kw solar system is available right now.

You keep saying that. But charging your car from SOLAR is a non-starter. Your car is gonna charge from the grid. If you want to go into the solar biz to subsidize your poor economic choices. Be my guest...

Go ask Nissan about charging the Leaf from a solar panel..... It's not in manual for good solid technical reasons...

What the fuck kind of an engineer are you, Flatulance? Did you not note the grid tied aspect of the solar sytems? Of course you are charging your car from the grid. But if you have a stand alone system, you still can use an invertor to convert your battery voltage to 60 hz current at the voltage needed.

Constantly you post objections to solar systems that have zero basis in present reality. I find it hard to believe that you are any kind of engineer. Millions of these grid tied systems in use around the world right now.

Thunder on about what an awful engineer I am.. I'm having a stellar career..

Rant on about "grid-tied" systems.. You didn't refute a single thing I said about the disconnect between home solar and charging your EV...

And please note -- I did all that without calling you a fuck. How is that possible?

Probably because you have not had to use proper language with which to communicate with production in sawmills, construction projects, and steel mills. I find your depth of ignorance to be similiar, therefore, probably the only way to get your attention is to state the POV in a manner that will get your attention.

There are millions of grid parallel systems all over the world, and you can plug your car, dryer, or anything else that uses standard voltage into them as you would on a standard circuit.

And how is it possible that you are such a good engineer and are ignorant of that fact? Or is it that you prefer to lie about it because somehow individual homeowners achieving a degree of economic independence for their homes and vehicles somehow does not agree with your political views?

Probably because you have not had to use proper language with which to communicate with production in sawmills, construction projects, and steel mills. I find your depth of ignorance to be similiar, therefore, probably the only way to get your attention is to state the POV in a manner that will get your attention.

There are millions of grid parallel systems all over the world, and you can plug your car, dryer, or anything else that uses standard voltage into them as you would on a standard circuit.

And how is it possible that you are such a good engineer and are ignorant of that fact? Or is it that you prefer to lie about it because somehow individual homeowners achieving a degree of economic independence for their homes and vehicles somehow does not agree with your political views?

Look AssHole (is that better for you?)... You rattle on about charging your EV from solar but yet --- it doesn't work that way in a grid tied system. You don't know that -- because you're a moron... Nissan says you install a 220V 40A (8.8KWatt) service for their charger to work it's magic in 7 hours or so.. If you do that on a grid-tied system, the juice is not coming from the panels because it exceeds the capability of home solar installations.

And the 7 hours is pushing your daily insolation period anyway assuming your car is sitting AT HOME charging for the entire daytime period. To sell back 25KWH to the energy company with a LARGE home solar of 2.5KW to "finance" your fill-up takes you about 2 days of NO DAYTIME USAGE to pay for it. Under realistic conditions where your refrigerator and fish tank keep running -- It'll take you 4 or 5 days to "pay for" for your measly 70 miles of driving.. And THEN you have no energy banked to pay for your night-time usage left (for those 4 days) do you?

The only thing you've done is made TWO awfully bad economic choices instead of just one. By deciding to go into the energy biz to feed your already expensive golf cart. And if you work like MOST OF US -- your panels are producing their max when you're NOT HOME using it. Making you a GENERATION company -- not a USER of solar..

Go ahead -- tell me a TWENTIETH time that I don't understand grid-tied or can't do the math. It'll be cute.. Or tell me that the answer is 5KW of installed solar power on your normally 1KW house.

Last edited:
Why yes, the answer is a 5+kw system.
SolarEdge Solar Power System - 24 Astronergy Solar Panels

Item:

Price:

$9,726.00

Qty:

The 5,640-watt Astronergy Gridtie System features the SolarEdge system—a revolutionary way of maximizing the sun’s power using SolarEdge PowerBoxes.Twenty-four SolarEdge PowerBox optimizers are paired up with twenty four 235-watt Astronergy solar panels and strung to an ETL listed 6 Kw SolarEdge inverter.
Why Should You Invest in the 5,640-watt SolarEdge Astronergy Gridtie System? The SolarEdge PowerBox optimizers maximize energy throughput from each and every module through constant tracking of Maximum Power Point individually per module. Because SolarEdge PowerBox optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, the SolarEdge inverter works at optimal efficiency. Benefits include:

•Up to 25% increase in power output.
•Faster installations with less wiring.
• Maximum roof utilization.
•Safest solar system! With built in arc fault detection.

Gas Mileage Rises, Hybrid Car Sales Fall: Here's The Reason

BY JOHN VOELCKER
2,124 views Jan 20, 2012 Follow John

Gas mileage: It's all about hybrids, right?

The 2012 Toyota Prius hatchback and Toyota Prius C models each get a combined 50-mpg rating from the EPA, the highest fuel efficiency of any non-plug-in vehicle sold in the U.S.

So hybrid sales should be soaring.

They're not.

While Toyota has expanded the Prius line from one to four vehicles for 2012, and more makers roll out hybrid models each year, the share of overall U.S. sales racked up by hybrid-electric vehicles has stayed between 2 and 3 percent for the past few years.

Gas Mileage Rises, Hybrid Car Sales Fall: Here's The Reason

Done with this thread............the devestation is surreal!!!:coffee:

Have you heard of witricity (wireless electricity using magnetic waves ):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgBYQh4zC2Y]Wireless Electricity - WiTricity Showcase TED 2009 (Edit) - YouTube[/ame]

That way you don't need a battery, you could distribute the electricity within the roads.
That would reduce the cost dramatically.

Battery technology is what stands in the way of electric vehicles.

By coincidence I am watching "Revenge of the Electric Car" on Netflix. More the business side of it then the technical.

Have you heard of witricity (wireless electricity using magnetic waves ):

Wireless Electricity - WiTricity Showcase TED 2009 (Edit) - YouTube

That way you don't need a battery, you could distribute the electricity within the roads.
That would reduce the cost dramatically.

Battery technology is what stands in the way of electric vehicles.

there's certainly an argument for that. I'd like to see the numbers for charge rate, efficiency worked out in detail before we go too much farther trying to make it on battery tech..

U.S. electric car policy to cost $7.5 billion by 2019: CBO - Yahoo! Finance

U.S. federal policies to promote electric vehicles will cost $7.5 billion through 2019 and have "little to no impact" on overall national gasoline consumption over the next several years, the Congressional Budget Office said in a report issued on Thursday.

On the other hand... invest $7.5 billion in natural gas vehicles, well you know the rest of that story.

Hell, with minimal government spending and oversight, private industry would take care of the rest.

Interesting. The hybrids and electrics are the wave of the future. The owning of a car that runs partly on electricity, such as the C-Max Energi, will make solar very practical for the home owner. A quick payback on an investment that not only provides power for the home, but fuel for tranportation.

fAiL..........

Go look up any graph on the sale of hybrids over the last 3 years and tell me they are the wave of the future.:2up:

Thing is.....sales is an intersection of product availability and consumer want. In the case of hybrids, manufacturers are not offering enough hybrids to increase the penetration rate because

1. They are costly to produce
  2. Each model requires a lot of engineering and other technical resources to develop, sometimes at the expense of more mainstream products
  3. Manufacturers (except Toyota / Lexus) are still guessing which product segments are the best strategic play for hybrids

As more manufacturers are able to ride the cost curve down on battery and motor technologies, more and more hybrid models will be introduced into the market. As it stands now, most hybrid models in the market now have a very short shelf life. Exceptions being the large GM SUVs and pickups.

Laughing my balls off again..................

Toyota drops plan for widespread sales of electric car

By Yoko Kubota

TOKYO | Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09am EDT

(Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp has scrapped plans for widespread sales of a new all-electric minicar, saying it had misread the market and the ability of still-emerging battery technology to meet consumer demands.

Toyota drops plan for widespread sales of electric car | Reuters

Still more k00k losing. These people exist in a world of spectacular fantasy.:clap2::clap2::D

614-4.jpg

What else is there to say?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back