Electric buses spontaneously exploding!!

Another one or the same one as earlier today?

R.27bbf2573e94956b1722b271b6629744

I wouldn't be surprised if the batteries didn't somehow short out. I saw a video of a guy whose pocket blew up. He had a lithium battery that got shorted from the change in his pocket. A regular alkaline battery will get hot but never explode. Be careful where you put those lithium batteries!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if the batteries didn't somehow short out. I saw a video of a guy whose pocket blew up. He had a lithium battery that got shorted from the change in his pocket. A regular alkaline battery will get hot but never explode. Be careful where you put those lithium batteries!!!

These batteries catch fire from internal shorts due to manufacturing defects, much as transistors die due to impurities in the doping of the junction.

Of course, with sufficient QC, these problems can be minimized.

In manufacturing or quality analysis, there is a measure called 'Sigma,' with six levels. The higher the level the better the quality but also the higher the cost and the less the production.

As EV cars are made more and more, to control battery failures, the industry will either lower sigma to improve production rates at the expense or more fires, or increase sigma which will mean longer wait times to get a battery as well as greatly adding to the cost. There is no way around it: ether EV batteries go up in cost yet further to improve safety in large numbers or the industry dies.

And you are being forced into an EV by the dems with unnecessarily high gas prices.... its being done on purpose....

Green energy.... covid..... vaccines.... the economy.... foreign relations....
Trump and 1-6.... from one issue to another the powers that be are always wrong.... and we end up paying for their mistakes as they write books and receive awards.....

These batteries catch fire from internal shorts due to manufacturing defects, much as transistors die due to impurities in the doping of the junction.

Of course, with sufficient QC, these problems can be minimized.

In manufacturing or quality analysis, there is a measure called 'Sigma,' with six levels. The higher the level the better the quality but also the higher the cost and the less the production.

As EV cars are made more and more, to control battery failures, the industry will either lower sigma to improve production rates at the expense or more fires, or increase sigma which will mean longer wait times to get a battery as well as greatly adding to the cost. There is no way around it: ether EV batteries go up in cost yet further to improve safety in large numbers or the industry dies.

Yeah?

Wait'll these are involved in even minor crashes. Thousands per day. All bets are off. 400v and 200Amps + delicate wiring everywhere. What could possibly go wrong?
Toxic, industrial, deadly waste polluting the waters, land and air from sea to contaminated sea.

I suspect these EV's will result in a substantial uptick in roadway deaths due to the high current and chemicals involved.

Last edited:
Wait'll these are involved in even minor crashes. Thousands per day. All bets are off. 400v and 200Amps + delicate wiring everywhere. What could possibly go wrong?
Toxic, industrial, deadly waste polluting the waters, land and air from sea to contaminated sea. I suspect these EV's will result in a substantial uptick in roadway deaths due to the high current and chemicals involved.

You could be right, but years ago, I saw a new battery technology demonstrated to where the guy literally DESTROYED the storage battery, and nothing he could do could cause the battery to catch fire. The trick is to isolate the cells in a collision so that they cannot combine power to lead to a catastrophic fire. Its not that the technology to make batteries work isn't there, the main hitch with EV cars is that the electric grid was never designed to do any more than barely meet current loads and with many key components that require decades to replace, much less supply the power to run 300 million EV cars, especially when presumably, we can't even use coal, oil, NG or nuclear to generate the power!

Forum List

Back