Elderly man and his wife attacked in their home

That is just embarrassing, a range of 2.4 million top to bottom? Really? I would get fired if I ever gave my bosses or clients that massive of a range.

And yet the CDC and the Department of Justice did the research as well..............and all of the studies were essentially done by anti-gunners.........especially those two studies.....

That is just embarrassing, a range of 2.4 million top to bottom? Really? I would get fired if I ever gave my bosses or clients that massive of a range.

You have different researchers, over 30 years, both private sector and public sector, almost solely anti-gun in their orientation, using professional research techniques, implemented by trained, professional researchers......and they find defensive gun use numbers that dwarf gun murder numbers.........

The survey further finds that approximately a third of gun owners (31.1%) have used a firearm to defend themselves or their property, often on more than one occasion, and it estimates that guns are used defensively by firearms owners in approximately 1.67 million incidents per year. Handguns are the most common firearm employed for self-defense (used in 65.9% of defensive incidents), and in most defensive incidents (81.9%) no shot was fired. Approximately a quarter (25.2%) of defensive incidents occurred within the gun owner's home, and approximately half (53.9%) occurred outside their home, but on their property. About one out of ten (9.1%) defensive gun uses occurred in public, and about one out of twenty (4.8%) occurred at work.
2021 National Firearms Survey

Total bullshit. There is no way more crimes are stopped than occur each year. There is no way that 1/3 of gun owners have had to use their guns to defend themselves. All of these studies rely on honest answers without any way to verify them.

I probably know more than 1000 people that own guns and not one single one of them has ever had to use their gun to defend themselves.

And yet the CDC and the Department of Justice did the research as well..............and all of the studies were essentially done by anti-gunners.........especially those two studies.....

The range of 2.4 million top to bottom was from the CDC, and it is still a joke of range

Total bullshit. There is no way more crimes are stopped than occur each year. There is no way that 1/3 of gun owners have had to use their guns to defend themselves. All of these studies rely on honest answers without any way to verify them.

I probably know more than 1000 people that own guns and not one single one of them has ever had to use their gun to defend themselves.

Sorry, you are wrong....30 years of research by different researchers......public and private.....you can bitch and moan all you want, and whine and cry like a baby...but this is actual research, by anti-gun researchers, trained professionals with actual research methods.....

The range of 2.4 million top to bottom was from the CDC, and it is still a joke of range

That was a look at all the research, you doofus......using various methods........a total, comprehensive look at all of the current research on guns at the time, with the intent on restarting the gun control push under obama.........they spent 10 million dollars to do it too......I am not sure if this was done before or after obama and eric holder started selling guns to the Mexican cartels, but it was party of their plan....

All it shows is the variability of the data from multiple different sources with differing data collection methods and definitions of the event.

As far as I know there is no standardized method of recording things that aren't actual crimes.

It's not too different from trying to get an exact count of people who run run a yellow light or don't come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

Sorry, you are wrong....30 years of research by different researchers......public and private.....you can bitch and moan all you want, and whine and cry like a baby...but this is actual research, by anti-gun researchers, trained professionals with actual research methods.....

And they all use the same method, they ask gun owners if they ever needed to use their gun defensively. They are relying totally on the honesty of the respondent .

All it shows is the variability of the data from multiple different sources with differing data collection methods and definitions of the event.

As far as I know there is no standardized method of recording things that aren't actual crimes.

It's not too different from trying to get an exact count of people who run run a yellow light or don't come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

And what the amount of research shows, at the least....is guns save lots of lives....stop lots of crimes....which is why they always attack only Kleck.....and do their best to ignore all the other research that supports Klecks research...

And they all use the same method, they ask gun owners if they ever needed to use their gun defensively. They are relying totally on the honesty of the respondent .

Yep.....Kleck goes into this aspect in detail in his paper..........you should try reading it...you would learn something.....

Going by these "studies" more than 400,000 people used their guns defensively in their own homes each year, yet there is no police paper trail to substantiate this. Maybe it is just me, but if I had to use my gun to defend my home I would sure as hell call the police after it was over, wouldn't you?

Yep.....Kleck goes into this aspect in detail in his paper..........you should try reading it...you would learn something.....

I have read it. People have been posting it on these forum for 20 years.

Going by these "studies" more than 400,000 people used their guns defensively in their own homes each year, yet there is no police paper trail to substantiate this. Maybe it is just me, but if I had to use my gun to defend my home I would sure as hell call the police after it was over, wouldn't you?

Yeah......a normal person runs off a guy on their property with their gun, they don't call the police......happens all the time.

If there is no body, no shots fired, the police, even if called, don't file a report............happens all the time.

Yeah......a normal person runs off a guy on their property with their gun, they don't call the police......happens all the time.

So, someone is cutting through someone's property and the owner runs out with his gun and the guy leaves you are going to call that a defensive use of a firearm? :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Perhaps this is where we differ, on just what is actually a defensive use of a firearm.

If there is no body, no shots fired, the police, even if called, don't file a report............happens all the time.

Let me guess, it happens to you multiple times a year....

I did not lie about them, he relies on people telling him the truth

And why would they lie? As he points out, back in the 90s, it was more likely they would lie and say they hadn't used a gun...since carrying a gun in public wasn't as common back then, and in many states it would have been illegal....

And why would they lie? As he points out, back in the 90s, it was more likely they would lie and say they hadn't used a gun...since carrying a gun in public wasn't as common back then, and in many states it would have been illegal....

People like to brag, people like to sound far cooler than they are.

Forum List

Back