Egyptian Journalist Describes 'Absolute Prosperity' in Gaza

Palestine has borders. Israel does not. Israel sits inside Palestine's borders.

I'm sorry if that troubles you.

I'm not troubled at all. Israel continues in that it exists and is powerful. I want you to stand up and say what you think PF.

Rather than lying down and pretending there isn't a concerted effort to end Israel by those you support.

Palestine has borders. Israel does not. Israel sits inside Palestine's borders.

I'm not troubled at all. Israel continues in that it exists and is powerful. I want you to stand up and say what you think PF.

Rather than lying down and pretending there isn't a concerted effort to end Israel by those you support.

One of the requirements for a legitimate state is to have land inside defined borders. Israel has no land inside defined borders.

Maybe that is why it is so paranoid about its so called right to exist.

Israel exists.

You are throwing in a lot here that does not relate to anything I said. I had already come across antisemetic stuff Mark Twain had written which is the reason it has puzzled me that pro Israelis like to quote him. He is not a reliable source. That is clear if you read what is said and whether you like the site or not the information is sourced.

Yes, I have been to Israel over 35 years ago I worked in a Kibbutz, spent some time in Jerusalem, Tel Aviiv, Eilat and in some small bedouin villages in the desert which I cannot remember the name of. My original bias was 100% Israeli and interestingly enough it was Jews in Israel who were the first people to point out to me I was not seeing the full picture.

The issue I am concerned about here is the stubborn desire to try to pretend that Palestinians do not have more of a native right to the area than Israelis.

That comes from the study spoken about here

Genetic studies bring new hope for peace between Jews and Palestinians

or you can look at an earlier study here Epiphenom: The shared genetic heritage of Jews and Palestinians

So this is what I see. Current Palestinians are at the very centre of Jewish genetics with a closer relationship to all Jews than the different Jewish groups have to themselves. They have almost certainly been living in that area for at least 3000 years though they may have moved about. There is quite simply no way that they cannot be at the centre of all the history there.

I am trying to argue reality not get into silly arguments. It is silly to say the Palestinians weren't there. Genetics prove it. Similarly if you look at MidEastWeb you will find that they say the max number of Arabs who came in around the time Jews were immigrating was 100000 and the likelihood was that they were people who had previously been living there anyway.

What your study proves is that Jews have been relatively homogenous for the last 2,000 years and that male Jews are more likely to marry converts than leave the tribe.

That doesn't mean that Palestinians are 'Caananites'. The Bedouin are probably the longest living group in the area, but their origins vary as well.

Genetics to NOT prove that the Palestinians were the 'ancient Caananites'. Not at all. Arabs have been moving in and out of the area for centuries. The current Pal population (including Arafat, I should add) doesn't have any more 'ingenious' claim than the Jews do.

I'm really sorry you buy into terrorist myths.

Personally, I don't think Palestine is any more Arab than the US is English. And it really does not matter.This is all just a name game to smokescreen the issue.

The reality is that the vast majority of Palestinians, be they Muslims, Christians, or Jews, have ancestor who go back hundreds even thousands of years. They and their ancestors built Palestine. It is theirs. They are the ones who have exclusive rights to their homeland.

The Jews 'built' Palestine. That much has been demonstrated.

The Palestinian Muslims were nomads and tenant farmers outside of J'lem and parts of Gaza. All persons inside the area were subject to either Turkish or British control. Plenty of Palestinian JEWS were expelled from mid 1800s to 1920s in the area as a part of some ethnic cleansing attempts.

If the 'Palestinians' had 'developed' the land and 'owned' it, why didn't they have their own state? Their own government? Army? Infrastructure? Why can't they produce motherfucking deeds to much of the land they claim they 'owned'?

Most of the land was Ottoman property. What was private, the Jews largely bought (the arable parts, anyway). Some fellaheen farmers were displaced because they lost their jobs (less than 10 per cent), but instead of going home to Syria or Lebanon, they hung out in tent cities and raided the farms and stole cattle. Jews paid 10x the price of the land just to own a deed to it AND they often paid extra to the Muslim farmers when they didn't have to...but seriously, why the fuck do you think the yishuv had their own security forces in the first place?

On top of that, the Jews had:

An air force.
Army.
Government.
Tax system.
Funds.
Diplomatic agents.
Hospitals.
Schools.
UNIVERSITIES.

etc. before 1948.

The Palestinians today had no state, no 'modern' civic government (outside of J'lem, but really ruled by outside Arabs and antisemitic Muftis) and they had no 'Palestinian' identity. They were Arabs.

Who the fuck controlled Palestinians before 67? Yeah, Arab nations. Do you have any idea how many "Palestinians" live in Jordan right now? Jordan IS Palestinian.

"Palestinian" is a geographic/religious notation that describes every non-Jewish person living in the Palestinian territory (including Transjordan, excluding Hashemites) from 1948-1967.

Not much deeper than that.

Last edited:
If the 'Palestinians' had 'developed' the land and 'owned' it, why didn't they have their own state?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm7dMhE80dw]YouTube - ‪Alnakba English P1‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYvimRnlTqE&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Alnakba English P2‬‏[/ame]

They had no nationality, no movement, no infrastructure.

Decisions are by those who show up. Life is not a spectator sport. And serious people don't get their history from Al Jazeera.

Last edited:
They had no nationality, no movement, no infrastructure.

Israeli propaganda in a nutshell.

Decisions are by those who show up. Life is not a spectator sport. And serious people don't get their history from Al Jazeera.

So, armed robbery is cool with you?

Actually it is not just Al Jazeera. It is historians from several different countries. British news reports. British, Israeli, and other government documents.

Sliming the source is standard Israeli propaganda.

The war that Israel started with Palestine a hundred years ago is not over. Israel has not won yet.

Last edited:
They had no nationality, no movement,

You are combining a colonialist attitude and the 19th Century European attitude to Nation States and deciding that because Palestinians had not by then copied the European concept of the Nation State it is fine to take over their land as you are superior.

Your ignore the rights of the indigenous population. You deny them the right of self determination in their historic land.

Last edited:
I'm pointing out that it is very hard to take a nation from someone if the nation didn't exist. I'm pointing out that many of those Palestinians were Arabs living there - not nationalists, idealists, indigenous, or whatever. You can't be a 'citizen of Palestine' if 'Palestine' is part of the Ottoman Empire or British rule.

You too easily ignore what decades of violence does to a person on the Israeli side. I mean, I can sympathize with Bibi a little - his brother was killed in Operation Entebbe when the IDF tried to rescue hostages taken by the PLO - but I still hold him responsible for the things he says or does.

But you guys? Hamas apologists. Historical revisionists. It's all anti Israel. Israel stole this, did that, murdered them, bla bla bla, Jews control American foreign policy, waa waa. Always. Israel's. Fault.

I'm pointing out that it is very hard to take a nation from someone if the nation didn't exist. I'm pointing out that many of those Palestinians were Arabs living there - not nationalists, idealists, indigenous, or whatever. You can't be a 'citizen of Palestine' if 'Palestine' is part of the Ottoman Empire or British rule.

You too easily ignore what decades of violence does to a person on the Israeli side. I mean, I can sympathize with Bibi a little - his brother was killed in Operation Entebbe when the IDF tried to rescue hostages taken by the PLO - but I still hold him responsible for the things he says or does.

But you guys? Hamas apologists. Historical revisionists. It's all anti Israel. Israel stole this, did that, murdered them, bla bla bla, Jews control American foreign policy, waa waa. Always. Israel's. Fault.

I'm pointing out that it is very hard to take a nation from someone if the nation didn't exist.

So, Palestine was a big hole in the ground.

Yup. One big fucking dino crater until the Elders of Zion filled it right up and built a Disneyland.

Israel is a project of the world's criminal class. There is nothing legitimate about it.

It is a simple case of armed robbery. Intentional law states that it is inadmissible to acquire land through the threat or use of force. Israel acquired all its land by military attacks on Palestinian civilians.

This is a tough hurdle for Israel.

I'm pointing out that it is very hard to take a nation from someone if the nation didn't exist.

Nation is really a European concept coming from the Enlightenment and originally only belonging to the elite

http://johnkeane.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/nations_nationalism_citizens.pdf

Where people live is there home. On the thread about Jewish and North Indian Genocide, someone mentions a Scottish or Highland genocide. Apart from the barbarous slaughter after Culloden, there was the Highland Clearances where people were force ably taken from their land and made to leave the country. As the person on that thread said, Scotland has still not forgotten. What you are seeing here is people belonging to a Nation still having no rights as to what is to become of them. I know you do not intend this but your arguments sound similar. Because the people of Palestine had not formed themselves into a Nation and managed to obtain rights for themselves - they had no rights. - maybe not, though us Brits did of course promise you both the same rights. They were promised the right of self determination.

You know what our highlands are still almost empty - I live just at the beginning of them .....but if someone who claimed to live in them and was forcefully removed in the clearances came back and said they were going to take them back and make a separate nation there for all in the diaspora, a new state for those people, apart and not working with us, what do you think we would do. They would not have a chance.

I'm pointing out that many of those Palestinians were Arabs living there

There were people living there. The fact that genetic tests show these people of be at the centre of Jewish genetics is sufficient for me at the current time to believe they had lived there a very long time. If as some people say the Jordanians also are descended from the original Jews it makes no difference.

- not nationalists, idealists, indigenous, or whatever. You can't be a 'citizen of Palestine' if 'Palestine' is part of the Ottoman Empire or British rule.

Well there is plenty that you can look at to discover there was life and tradition in the area. No they were not nationalists. Nationalism was as I said a European concept and a not very good one at that.

Idealist - of course they were to their own way of life.

Indigenous - how the heck could they not be indigenous when there genetics identifies them as having descendents in that very neighbourhood for at least 3000 years.

Interestingly for Britain it was Christian Zionists who first got interested in the idea of Palestine as a Jewish state. Later Britain thought it would be a good idea to have Jews in the area looking after it's interests. Of course in the end it was the US who used this advantage.

Last edited:
]
What your study proves is that Jews have been relatively homogenous for the last 2,000 years and that male Jews are more likely to marry converts than leave the tribe.

That doesn't mean that Palestinians are 'Caananites'. The Bedouin are probably the longest living group in the area, but their origins vary as well.

Genetics to NOT prove that the Palestinians were the 'ancient Caananites'. Not at all. Arabs have been moving in and out of the area for centuries. The current Pal population (including Arafat, I should add) doesn't have any more 'ingenious' claim than the Jews do.

I'm really sorry you buy into terrorist myths.

I see genetics all right when it suits your purpose. I said nothing about the Canaanites. Just reported what the research has shown which is that Palestinians are at the centre of Jewish ancestry having a closer relationship to the different clusters of Jews than the different clusters of Jews do to themselves. I read the research report. I have to wonder at your psyche which simply sees anything you do not want to see as a 'terrorist myth'. That reasoning is highly suspicious.

The Jews 'built' Palestine. That much has been demonstrated.

Did David unite the tribes of Israel into one nation and make Jerusalem their Capital? Modern archaeology is challenging the historical accuracy of this.

Very little evidence of this. Bible says David's empire flourished in the 10th century BC, but it lasted only 2 generations and it was usurped up by different rulers. It was not until the 20th Century 3,000 years under the conditions we all know that Israel again became an extensive fully fledged state.

David's Kingdom legitimises the existence of the Jewish State. The promised land for the chosen people.

The Egyptians had ruled this land for a long time then the philistines came from the west, probably from what is now Cyprus.

First king Saul's battle between David and Goliath is battle between David and Philistines.

Philistines were urban people and there is plenty of evidence of them. Archaeology shows the philistines were a cultured people.

The empire of the Philistines was real but what about the Empire on David?

Archaeology shows that settlement in the time of David, 1000 years BC were meagre, maybe just 20 villages, evidence of King David's nation building and not enough to build up even the smallest of armies. for nation building.

Finkelstein found that society at this time was comprises of shepherds and stock raising living in small groups bound together by kinship, family, clan and tribe.

Judah, David's apparent power base had no urban centre and the biblical projects attributed to his son Solomon never took place.

This view has been accepted in scholarly circles since the 1990's

2010 find Khirbet Qeiyafa Fortified walled town west of Judha, just beneath the surface. Dated to the time of King David

but

Prof Israel Finkelstein Tel Aviv University 9th Century not tenth

No evidence has been found to suggest that Jerusalem was the centre of an empire in the 10th century

That David united the Northern and Southern tribes into a fabulous empire, ruled from his stronghold in Jerusalem, remains just that, a claim, nothing more.

Source

BBC - BBC TV blog: The Bible's Buried Secrets

If you watch this you will find that the power came not from the time of king David but from later and from the area which is now the West Bank.

and we know that among the descendants of these people are the Palestinians.

You simply cannot have it both ways. Say you have a right to the area because some middle east genetics have been found in you and then yell 'terrorist' when it is found that the people who have been living there all the time are the people who are strongest in such genetics.

Ashraf Abu al-Houl is an israeli invention. there is no journalist by that name

Alexa, your logic is very bad. And apparently you don't know how science works. Genetic testing of Kohen markers doesn't prove that anyone was 'indigenous' to the land. It doesn't give Arafat, an Egyptian, more 'right' to the land than the Sephardic Jews who lived in Jerusalem a hundred years before Zionism.

Genetic testing among Palestinians is not a land deed that states, "This person's family has been here for three thousand consecutive years."

not
at
all

My brother has the 'Kohen marker', but that does not mean that our family has resided in Jerusalem since Joshua.

Last edited:
"Each year, the U.S. Army War College in Carlysle Barracks, Pennsylvania, invites foreign military personnel to partake in war games scenarios and seek solutions to problems and potential problems around the globe.

"Saudi Arabia’s Lieutenant Colonel Mohammed F. Abo-Sak participated in the USAWC Class of 1997 where he developed a strategy research project he entitled "US Involvement in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Solution or Complication?...'"

"Palestinians have continuously resided in Palestine since four thousand years before Christ, Abo-Sak pointed out.

"Their ancestors built the cities of Jerusalem, Nablus, Jericho, Beisan, Acca and Jaffa. The Hebrews arrived in the land between 1400-1200 B.C., and only maintained control over it during the lifetimes of King David and his son King Solomon – a period of about 80 years.

"The land then came under Greek and Roman rule, and was then conquered by Islam in the year 637 A.D. under the second Caliph, Omar. By that time, the Jews had already left Jerusalem, and Christianity was the dominant religion. The Caliph granted full security to all Christians, including personal safety, and protection of property, religion and churches.

"The Muslims declared Jerusalem the capital of Palestine, and the city remained under Islamic rule until the end of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, except for a brief time of Christian rule under the Crusaders.

"In this century, the eastern Mediterranean became subject to British and French occupation as a result of the First World War, and Palestine came under British military occupation.

"The British encouraged the Arabs to gain their independence from the Ottoman Empire and promised them support if they stood on the side of the allies during the First World War.

"However the British reneged on the promise, and British Foreign Minister Arthur James Balfour promised the International Zionists a homeland for the Jews in Palestine.

"At the time, the population of Palestine was comprised of 95% Arabs (both Christians and Muslims), 4% Palestinian Jews, and 1% expatriates. The Jews owned only 2% of the land."

US Involvement in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Solution or Complication? by Lt. Col. Mohammed F. Abo-Sak

Forum List

Back