EFTPS Another example of government incompetence.

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
During the Obama administration the government decided that you could no longer make 941 and 940 tax deposits through your bank. Those deposits had to be made through the EFTPS government website. A few weeks ago I started being unable to access the website. My CPA also couldn't access the website. I used their telephone payment system which is slow and cumbersome but at least I was able to pay my weekly payroll taxes on time while I was trying to figure out what was wrong. The phone service played a message about having to disable certain encryption types through my browser which I did. Still, I couldn't get the site online. I was finally able to get through their phone system to a living being after multiple, "we're experiencing large call volume" messages. He told me that the government is now requiring businesses to change their password every 13 months. I asked if I'd somehow missed a letter from them and he said no, he didn't think they'd sent one out. Does anyone else wonder why they're experiencing high call volume? If I were the suspicious type I might assume that this is a democrat revenue raiser as untimely payments result in large fines.

For others that might be having the problem.. Go to Internet Properties on your system. Look under the advanced tab and disable ssl3.0 and tls1.0 . Make sure that tls1.1 or greater is enabled then change your password.

Forum List

Back