Economics 101

actually crashes:
1) have mostly been caused by govt interference in economy
self regulation worked fine, massive govt interference in the economy didn't
Self regulation NEVER worked and only produced repeated "PANICS."
Government regulation didn't begin until the Civil War but there were panics of 1814, 1817, 1819, 1837, 1839, 1842, 1857 and 1861 before the first banking regulation was ever passed.
They were mostly local and all self corrected. FDR and the Fed combined their efforts to make the world worst economic collapse
Just a pure bullshit lie. Every panic I listed was national in scope involving most or all the banks. You are dishonestly conflating "bank runs," which ARE local, with full scale national PANICS.

Since your first sentence is such an obvious LIE, why should anyone believe your second sentence is any less bullshit?
Frank is getting senile, ed. He honestly believes what he writes, so, no, he is not lying. He is just very wrong.

Why should I listen to these asses who helped crash our asses in 2008.............Yeah allowing the too big to fail to self regulate was such a great idea.......

As great as this.........I like to hit my head with a hammer because it feels so good when I stop.
Um....."too big to fail" is the result of left-wing government intervention, genius. True free-market would result in those banks, companies, etc. failing. :rofl:

Um....."too big to fail" is the result of left-wing government intervention, genius. True free-market would result in those banks, companies, etc. failing.

Actually, 'too big to fail' is a Republican term. Rep. Stewart McKinney (R) popularized it.

The Progressive posts in this thread shows they continue to maintain their perfect economic ignorance and never bothered to watch the video

The Progressive posts in this thread shows they continue to maintain their perfect economic ignorance and never bothered to watch the video

Yet you can't refute any of them. And you have seen the video.

Progressive moron, ignorant ramblings are self-refuting

Worked so well they had to be saved right.....................Nice back door the Federal Reserve has there.............It's a members only club though..................

dear,
1) some banks had to be saved from liberal govt caused crash and many banks were allowed to fail
2) saving them saved the nation from depression
3) they paid the money back
4) stupid liberals hate to bail out banks but love to bail out failed individuals who never pay back a penny!

actually crashes:
Government regulation didn't begin until the Civil War but there were panics of 1814, 1817, 1819, 1837, 1839, 1842, 1857 and 1861 before the first banking regulation was ever passed.
They were mostly local and all self corrected. FDR and the Fed combined their efforts to make the world worst economic collapse
Just a pure bullshit lie. Every panic I listed was national in scope involving most or all the banks. You are dishonestly conflating "bank runs," which ARE local, with full scale national PANICS.

Since your first sentence is such an obvious LIE, why should anyone believe your second sentence is any less bullshit?

take the first one- panic of 1814-1819. You can see govt was very very heavily involved. Get it??

Wiki:
Though driven by global market adjustments in the aftermath of the Napoleonic Wars,[8] the severity of the downturn was compounded by excessive speculation in public lands,[9] fueled by the unrestrained issue of paper money from banks and business concerns.[10]

Your bloviating indicates you have.......nothing......as usual.

Worked so well they had to be saved right.....................Nice back door the Federal Reserve has there.............It's a members only club though..................

dear,
1) some banks had to be saved from liberal govt caused crash and many banks were allowed to fail
4) stupid liberals hate to bail out banks but love to bail out failed individuals who never pay back a penny!

dear,

Which 'failed individuals?'

dear,

dear,

folks on welfare etc etc

Ed is again citing his own work from wiki under the accords of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. He does not have the balls to tell you that he is citing his own discredited work. He is invoking the Fallacy of Appeal to Authority.

[take the first one- panic of 1814-1819. You can see govt was very very heavily involved. Get it??

Wiki:
Though driven by global market adjustments in the aftermath of the Napoleonic Wars,[8] the severity of the downturn was compounded by excessive speculation in public lands,[9] fueled by the unrestrained issue of paper money from banks and business concerns.[10]

actually crashes:

You must accept that ed is the resident libertarian troll, paid by the far, far, far, far, far right to post dogma from bullshit crazy con web sites. Ed is a congenital idiot, and we should all ignore him. Poor guy.

take the first one- panic of 1814-1819. You can see govt was very very heavily involved. Get it??

Wiki:
Talk about "seeing" what is not there just because you've been brainwashed to believe it's there!!!!!

There is not a single mention of the government, just Capitalistic speculation and BANKS and BUSINESSES unrestrained by government creating paper currency.

dear,

dear,

folks on welfare etc etc

folks on welfare etc etc

Corporate or people?

Ive never lost money in a stock market crash but I was never in it for short term gain.I could afford to sit tight and sit out the storm. Those who lost money - I have no sympathy with. If they couldnt afford to lose it they were in the wrong game.

However I have seen my government step in to save several banks who we "couldnt allow to fail".

In a similar vein I have seen tax payers money prop up the motor industry because , once again, we " couldnt allow it to fail".

Having done so I rather think that I have a right to some say in how these corrupt people conduct their business. After all. I pick up the tab.

Having done so I rather think that I have a right to some say in how these corrupt people conduct their business. After all. I pick up the tab.

Which company did you "pick up the tab" for? Be specific.

Todd, stop the hypocrisy. You whined when we the taxpayer bailed out the banks and underwrote the survival of the auto industry companies.

Your comment about stock crashes overseas is a Fallacy of Implied Analogy. You give no support.

This should be a mandatory class for every liberal in America. There is not one thing here in the video that could even be remotely disputed. Not one.

Milton Friedman Part I: Economics 101
Which has led to how many Stock Markets crashes?
Too many.

No stock market crashes in China or Venezuela, eh?
They also have unregulated markets.
That's why their tiny elites are so wealthy compared to the other 99.999999%.
But nice try.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back