Eating Ants.

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
My house is infested with ants. can't leave anything open or unwrapped without it getting covered by these tiny ants. Even a roll of toilet paper with nothing on it got covered in ants. I'm tired of spraying for the little critters. Got me thinking. If food gets covered in ants why don't we just eat the ants?

My house is infested with ants. can't leave anything open or unwrapped without it getting covered by these tiny ants. Even a roll of toilet paper with nothing on it got covered in ants. I'm tired of spraying for the little critters. Got me thinking. If food gets covered in ants why don't we just eat the ants?
Umm... Yuck.

Try Terro ant bait.

People do and have for a long time-----I remember one girl in my school way way back in the dinosaur era that would bring chocolate cover ants and roaches to gross out the rest of us.

BTW---never ever look at the ingredients in BREAD and other products----eating ground bugs is unavoidable.

People do and have for a long time-----I remember one girl in my school way way back in the dinosaur era that would bring chocolate cover ants and roaches to gross out the rest of us.

BTW---never ever look at the ingredients in BREAD and other products----eating ground bugs is unavoidable.
It's not listed in the ingredients.

But there are a certain amount of allowable insects parts.

I assume you mean sugar ants, and they taste bad ... formic acid ... Terro works great if you stay on top of it ...

The good news is that an ant infestation will drive off any other vermin off ... bed bugs, cockroaches, mice, slugs ... they hate ants worse than you do ... often enough I've brought them tiny black bastards in to get rid of nastier bugs ... then Terro'ed the shit out of the ants ... clears the filth out from one tenant just so another filth tenant can filth up the place again ... nasty filthy tenants ... I'm not saying Tsar Nicholas II was right, but I ain't saying he was wrong either ... if you get my drift ...

Ants are repelled by mint. Those tiny ants come into the house via water pipes and electrical cable. Buy a bottle of mint extract at a grocery store and put a few drops on cotton balls. Place the cotton balls where pipes or cables come into the house. Or you can buy a bag of Wint-O-Green mints from the candy aisle and they work just as well when you place one where ants come in.

I never in my life had a problem with ants. Why? Because I fed them. On the other side of the yard way back by the fence. Took cans of cat food out there (pate'), cups of sugar, etc. They knew where their food supply was and never came into the house, or any of the apartments I managed.

I can watch ants for hours. They fascinate me. I'd never eat them, lol.

Practicing for the great reset ?

A pet anteater?

Forum List

Back