Earth Shattering Revelation Of Proxima By The Webb

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
I just had this brought to my attention by an astronomy student in Catalonia, Spain. The Webb Telescope just released this ground-breaking photo of our nearest (extra-solar) star, Proxima Centuri (satellite of Alpha Centauri):

FZAV0R1XoAEXE14.jpg

With this caption translated from French:

Photo of Proxima Centauri, the closest star to the Sun, located 4.2 light-years from us.
It was taken by the JWST.
This level of detail... A new world is revealing itself day by day.

This is a direct image, and not interpolated by speckling interferometry as all previous attempts have been.

This level of detail from 4 lightyears away is absolutely stunning. Enjoy.

I just had this brought to my attention by an astronomy student in Catalonia, Spain. The Webb Telescope just released this ground-breaking photo of our nearest (extra-solar) star, Proxima Centuri (satellite of Alpha Centauri):

View attachment 678357

Photo of Proxima Centauri, the closest star to the Sun, located 4.2 light-years from us.

This is a direct image, and not interpolated by speckling interferometry as all previous attempts have been.

And just think, that's how it looked 4 years ago.

View attachment 678357

Ok, I'm having trouble discerning if this is a joke or not.
If it's not, this..is..fucking...PRICELESS!! :auiqs.jpg:

Freaky..you are my HERO! :)

Damn. I was thinking it looked like cherry jello with mandarin orange chunks in it

Ok, I'm having trouble discerning if this is a joke or not.
If it's not, this..is..fucking...PRICELESS!! :auiqs.jpg:

Freaky..you are my HERO!

Thanks Jack, you've actually done something useful for a change even if you still must act like an ass.

This explains why I haven't been able to find this image posted at NASA or other places one might expect.

I'll let my friend in Catalonia know that the image he sent out is just a ruse.

Shame people have to pull crap like this.

Thanks Jack, you've actually done something useful for a change even if you still must act like an ass.

This explains why I haven't been able to find this image posted at NASA or other places one might expect.

I'll let my friend in Catalonia know that the image he sent out is just a ruse.

Shame people have to pull crap like this.
You (admittedly along with millions of others) swallowed this WHOLE! :auiqs.jpg:

After the constant ass you are on a daily basis, you'll have to allow me a small moment of HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You (admittedly along with millions of others) swallowed this WHOLE!
I didn't bother checking up on it because the student I know is normally very reputable. I only began wondering about it when looking for larger file copies of it at NASA, I couldn't find any mention of it.

After the constant ass you are on a daily basis, you'll have to allow me a small moment of HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Jack, I'm never an ass, I merely reflect back to people what they project to others.

You (admittedly along with millions of others) swallowed this WHOLE! :auiqs.jpg:

Who cares? How would anyone know what it was, jack ass?

I didn't bother checking up on it because the student I know is normally very reputable. I only began wondering about it when looking for larger file copies of it at NASA, I couldn't find any mention of it.

Jack, I'm never an ass, I merely reflect back to people what they project to others.
Face it, you swallowed that sausage..whole! :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back