Eagles (NFL) Commerce: Pluralism Diary(?)

Isn't it funny that Philly has a statue of an actor who played an ACTUAL sports hero who was from Massachusetts? :D Lol. Don't worry, Pogo. The Pats will be contenders again next year, just like they have for the past 10 or so years, and the Eagles? Probably not so much. ;)

Let's see..... Monday... Tuesday... Wednesday.... Thursday... Friday FIVE DAYS it took you to come out of hiding.
:safetocomeoutff:

That's grate expectations for ya. Welcome back from the abyss. Drop any footballs lately?

That statue is an embarrassment. It should be -- 'ow you say --- removed. An obvious paean to the Lost Cause of the Movie Industry, full of sound and fury signifying nothing. And by the way our team's owner is from Baaaahston too. We love him for his taste in buying football teams.

In the actual sport though, we are the Embarassors. Bow before us for we own you.

I do wish you and your 87-year-old weirdo quarterback and your incoherently mumbling coach who looks like he spent the night sleeping on a park bench luck in contesting next year though. We'll meet right here and do it all over again. :meow:

By then it'll be just like old times.

You won't be meeting the Pats at the Super Bowl next year! The Beagles won't make it again. Lol! Honestly though, do you think they are going to make it again next year??? That was a fluke. They aren't the Patriots! :D

Thank the football gods for that.

Ain't weren't no fluke though. I told you before, get used to the green. You know how it goes.

Fluke. Green sucks. Nobody likes it. :D

What color is your money?

All righty then.

Now that the Underdog NFL Team of the New Millennium (Philadelphia Eagles) has pulled off the greatest upset in Super Bowl history, defeating the seemingly-indomitable New England Patriots and preventing Goliath-like QB Tom Brady from winning his whopping 6th Vince Lombardi trophy, we can think about how sports-fanfare media will be conducive for business and merchants under our commerce-centric 'TrumpUSA.'

After all, isn't that what culture-aesthetics is all about in the Wall Street era?

So move over New England Clam Chowder and make room for Philadelphia Cream Cheese!

View attachment 175047

====

Chinatown, Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, USA) was a booming ethnic business district, offering travellers/consumers a zesty taste of Chinese food and some of the ornaments, architectural aesthetics, and designs of China itself. Chinatown features a myriad of restaurants, some Hunan and some Szechuan and some Cantonese and some...well, you get the picture! Chinatown, Philadelphia was getting more business now that Eagles fans flocked to the city for the Super Bowl victory parade!

View attachment 175048

Nearby was the rival Little Italy, Philadelphia. Little Italy offered travellers a taste and glimpse of Italy, not China. Little Italy was arguably as popular as Chinatown and certainly as successful. Little Italy was where you went if you craved lasagna and not chow-mein. Little Italy offered an equally-brilliant presentation of culturally-authentic lights and decorations, and Eagles fans would flock there for Italian cuisine after enjoying the Super Bowl victory parade.

View attachment 175049

A young business student from Wharton (University of Pennsylvania) named Kay Barnes was doing research about the market impact of ethnic business districts in commercially trafficked cities such as Philadelphia (Pennsylvania) and San Francisco (California). Barnes wanted to do a comparison of shopping/dining behaviors in Little Italy and Chinatown to see how immigration trends correlated with consumer trends. Barnes was interested in how urban commerce was 'imprinted' onto television advertisements (e.g., aesthetics), so you'd imagine she was curious about Super Bowl 52 ads and if they would 'tune' consumer-trends in Philly now that there was great urban excitement following the Eagles incredible upset-victory!

View attachment 175050

Barnes completed her work and it was published and much-lauded. Barnes was so inspired by her detailed research that she decided to set up a small shop in Philadelphia called Eagles Stereo, which would feature all kinds of audio-video home-entertainment equipment but with special customizable Eagles colors and logos as print-on options for consumers/customers. Eagles fans could walk out with digital-discs and stereos with Eagles insignia printed on them, and in some cases, the discs/stereos were specially white-and-green colored(!). Barnes' Eagles Stereo became a huge hit on Black Friday.

View attachment 175051

The Eagles cheerleaders were present that day during the Super Bowl victory-parade in Philadelphia. The cheerleaders did not yet meet Kay Barnes, but one cheerleader, Meghan, learned that Barnes was inspired to open Eagles Stereo while studying the post-Super Bowl impact in Philadelphia on ethnic business districts. Meghan decided that sports-fanfare in the modern age was not merely superficial or human interest apathetic. Meghan realized that commerce was catalysing intriguing changes in pluralism, multiculturalism, and traffic-aesthetics and felt proud (truly proud!) to be an Eagles cheerleader in the time when they won their first-ever Vince Lombardi trophy.

View attachment 175052

Since American movie superstar Tom Hanks had made a movie called Philadelphia (which was actually set in that city!), he was intrigued by the consumer-chatter surrounding Eagles Stereo and decided to make a celebrity-cameo one day there (on New Year's Day!) signing autograph-copies of Flash (DC Comics) comic books for fans coming into the store and into Philadelphia on New Year's Day. Hanks explained that he felt that Flash represented commercial efficiency, and he wanted to 'cheer on' capitalism-related media-fanfare surrounding commerce-rich American cities such as Philadelphia, cities using sports-achievements to promote small-business values vital for the American Dream!

View attachment 175053

U.S. President Donald Trump said of the Eagles upset-victory in Super Bowl 52 [2018] that "A culturally-vibrant and socially symbolic American city has reminded us why Americans love to cheer for the underdog, which is why my administration hopes this exciting NFL championship will draw in much-desired business and tourism for the wonderful City of Brotherly Love --- Philadelphia!" Eagles fans appreciated Trump's comments before scurrying out into the city to enjoy the victory-parade and maybe even some pizza or wontons! Eagles Stereo continued to be a commercial and cultural success for Philly. GO EAGLES!!!

====

:dance:
That was a very very long post, but I stopped reading after “...greatest upset in Super Bowl history...” The spread was 4.5 points. Which means it is not in the top 5, and likely not even in the top 10.

All of his posts are long and loquaccious -- like novels. They're erudite because he's a Philadelphian.

Up to now I think I'm the only poster who's ever responded in his threads.

They aren't necessarily all that long, but most of the time they are based on some comic book fantasy world. :D

True. It's not hard to guess why nobody posts in his threads..........

He seems like a nice enough fellow. I am just not that into the comic book life. :dunno:

Agree. I gave that up when I was like twelve.
But he's redeemed himself by coming out as an Iggles phan. :113:

The Eagles straight up beat Tom 'It's got too much air in it' Brady. They'll have Wentz and Darren Sproles back next year maybe/probably/likley/ who knows and those two are all they need to force Brady to drop a few more passes and end the game fumblin'/bumblin'/stumblin'.

Plus next year refs won't feel like they have to give games to the Patriots any more so the Pasty's will have to earn it.

Isn't it funny that Philly has a statue of an actor who played an ACTUAL sports hero who was from Massachusetts? :D Lol. Don't worry, Pogo. The Pats will be contenders again next year, just like they have for the past 10 or so years, and the Eagles? Probably not so much. ;)

Let's see..... Monday... Tuesday... Wednesday.... Thursday... Friday FIVE DAYS it took you to come out of hiding.

That's grate expectations for ya. Welcome back from the abyss. Drop any footballs lately?

That statue is an embarrassment. It should be -- 'ow you say --- removed. An obvious paean to the Lost Cause of the Movie Industry, full of sound and fury signifying nothing. And by the way our team's owner is from Baaaahston too. We love him for his taste in buying football teams.

In the actual sport though, we are the Embarassors. Bow before us for we own you.

I do wish you and your 87-year-old weirdo quarterback and your incoherently mumbling coach who looks like he spent the night sleeping on a park bench luck in contesting next year though. We'll meet right here and do it all over again. :meow:

You won't be meeting the Pats at the Super Bowl next year! The Beagles won't make it again. Lol! Honestly though, do you think they are going to make it again next year??? That was a fluke. They aren't the Patriots! :D

Ain't weren't no fluke though. I told you before, get used to the green. You know how it goes.

All righty then.

What color are weeds? Nuff said. :D

The Eagles straight up beat Tom 'It's got too much air in it' Brady. They'll have Wentz and Darren Sproles back next year maybe/probably/likley/ who knows and those two are all they need to force Brady to drop a few more passes and end the game fumblin'/bumblin'/stumblin'.

Plus next year refs won't feel like they have to give games to the Patriots any more so the Pasty's will have to earn it.

Good Lord, another silly conspiracy theorist. When you make these comments, it just makes it obvious that you don't SHIT about what you are talking about to everyone who knows the game. You should just stop talking about that which you don't know anything about. You just sound ignorant.

All righty then.

What color are weeds? Nuff said. :D

They're not "weeds" --- they're "volunteers".

Good Lord, another silly conspiracy theorist. When you make these comments, it just makes it obvious that you don't SHIT about what you are talking about to everyone who knows the game. You should just stop talking about that which you don't know anything about. You just sound ignorant.

Do not speak of about which we do not talk of and that or about which we do not speak, of. You a silly tadpole.

Do not speak of about which we do not talk of and that or about which we do not speak, of. You a silly tadpole.

Dude, your comments make it clear that you don't know anything about football! :1peleas: Don't LIE to me. I know better.

Anyone who believes in these Patriots conspiracy theories doesn't know anything about how the game is played. That much is obvious. There is SO much to the game. Your simplistic conspiracy theories are nothing but stupidity to the nth degree. :D Lol! I'm being serious.

Dude, your comments make it clear that you don't know anything about football! :1peleas: Don't LIE to me. I know better.

There is nothing worse than arrogant ignorance. Relax derpy.

I agree, that is why I told you to shut the hell up for once! :eusa_hand:

Dude, your comments make it clear that you don't know anything about football! Don't LIE to me. I know better.

upload_2018-2-9_16-48-33.jpeg

Oh how hard is this. That li'l Paltriots loss really sticks in your craw eh. Don't worry Patriots fans, there's always next year. Get used to hearing that.

Dude, your comments make it clear that you don't know anything about football! Don't LIE to me. I know better.

View attachment 175862

Oh how hard is this. That li'l Paltriots loss really sticks in your craw eh. Don't worry Patriots fans, there's always next year. Get used to hearing that.

Oh, I'm pretty sure the game was rigged so the Beagles would win, so their fans wouldn't destroy Philadelphia (more than it already is of course!) Ha ha! Shithole. :D

View attachment 175862

Oh, I'm pretty sure the game was rigged so the Beagles would win, so their fans wouldn't destroy Philadelphia (more than it already is of course!) Ha ha! Shithole. :D

You on crack today?

View attachment 175862

Of course, the Pats will be contenders again next year.

The Pats have been to almost all of them in the past 10 years. Lol!

20170207_500x371_brady_lombardi_trophy.jpg

Tom Brady after Super Bowl LI

View attachment 175862

You on crack today?

Are you accusing me of using illegal drugs (committing a CRIME?) Hmm. Reportable offense? Maybe you could be banned. Oh how nice would that be? :D

View attachment 175862

You on crack today?

You know the refs were making bad calls against the Pats so the Beagles would win so their fans wouldn't destroy and burn down the city. Lol! Philly is a city full of chimps who chimp out about everything.

View attachment 175862

You on crack today?

Are you accusing me of using illegal drugs (committing a CRIME?) Hmm. Reportable offense? Maybe you could be banned. Oh how nice would that be? :D

I live to be banned. It's like the Medal of Honor for normals.

View attachment 175862

You on crack today?

I live to be banned. It's like the Medal of Honor for normals.

Well do everyone a favor and ban yourself, loser. :D

Forum List

Back