Eagle Rider...WTF?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Eagle Rider is a national chain (and a group of franchisees) who have created a bike-rental alternative to the monopoly that Harley used to have on motorcycle rentals. Used to be, you could only rent a Harley, but now, Eagle Rider makes it possible to rent Honda's, Indian's, BMW's, and other desirable bikes in a large number of locations, nationwide.

The franchisees do not all support some of the promotions that the corporate stores advertise, such as a periodic $99/day deal, but I guess that is understandable.

A week or so ago, I got an email flier from by local Eagle Rider franchisee, promoting daily rentals in March for $89/day - any bike that they have in their inventory. My son rides a BMW650, and I offered to rent him the bike of his choice for a day as a small BD present. He responded, "Cool," and since tomorrow's forecast is great (76F, and sunny), I hopped on line to reserve a bike.

Across the rentals page is a small banner saying "SOLD OUT."

Are you shitting me? The promotion goes through the entire month of MARCH, and it's only the 8th. SOLD OUT? You mean, someone actually took them up on their offer and they changed their mind?

They are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, but I left a VMS to see WTF is going on.

I've had good rentals from them in the past in three different locations (not the local one), but this is off-pissing in the extreme.

To quote the late Emily Litella, "Never mind."

When I got through to The Dude, he didn't know what the issue was with the website (one bike had been sold out of their rental inventory), but I rented a K1600GT and had a great ride with no issues whatsoever. What a super bike! The total cost, including tax was about $102. A bargain in my view.

Forum List

Back