Dying for a Selfie...

Freedomisneverfree

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2021
Here is a pretty good video showing the things people will do for a "selfie"

Have you ever did something risky to get a selfie?

This is what the internet and "going viral" has diminished some to. Maybe even a few bucks can be made so some assume it is worth the risk. Meh.

First and last time for me. I was up in the Smokey Mountains and it was beautiful, I was going down a winding mountain road and wanted a pic of me smiling with the mountains behind me. I wanted to do it while the car was moving. I almost went off the cliff. Dum Dum! I know. No lectures please :)

Here is a pretty good video showing the things people will do for a "selfie"

Have you ever did something risky to get a selfie?

Hubby and I visited the Grand Canyon in 1995, LONG before "selfies". We were shocked to learn that even then, an average of 10 people a year died getting their photos taken.

I know I never have
So I went out to prepare for a deer hunt on Saturday this morning. Pretty much the same as I have done since I was a child. Wat has changed is we added trail cameras about 10 to 15 years back. This year we invested in drones. We deployed two drones this morning. $11]00 wrapped in them a peice. At first I was super impressed with them. As a hunter you would be. Then I thought of them from the perspective of the hunted. This caused some anxiety. I quickly realized that my military training and out door experience is absolutely worthless if I were the one being hunted. A little unsettling!

Forum List

Back