Duck Dynasty season premiere down 28% from last year

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Well how on EARTH did that happen??

Did the controversy surrounding Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson take a toll on the show’s appeal? A&E’s flagship reality series clocked 8.5 million viewers Wednesday night, snapping a streak of ratings records and posting its first season-to-season drop. Among adults 18-49, the premiere averaged 4.2 million viewers, down 33%. Those are still huge numbers for a cable series, but the Season 5 opener was down from the show’s Season 4 debut, which drew nearly 12 million to become the No. 1-rated nonfiction series telecast in cable history. It edged the Season 4 finale, which was watched by 8.4 million. More recently, the one-hour Duck Dynasty Christmas special logged nearly 9 million viewers.

The two back-to-back episodes were the first appearance on A&E of the Robertson family since patriarch Phil’s controversial comments about gay men and blacks in a GQ interview that caused A&E to suspend him. After the rest of the family indicated they would not do the show without him, and religious organizations and a legion of conservatives stood by him, A&E reversed its decision, lifting Phil’s suspension.

TV Ratings: 'Duck Dynasty Season 5 Premiere Ratings Down

Just sayin...reading this and a few other links from it.
Looks like ratings are down for just about every show on TV.
WOuld not surprise me in the least.
More and more and more people have/are cutting the cable money vacuum and going to something like Roku etc. for internet based TV (Netflix, HuluPlus, VuDu etc.
I know I did

Gotta say most of these "reality" shows don't have much of a shelf life.

After the decline they still have 6 times as many viewers as Bill Maher

Different shelves for different folks

How does Maher face having 1/6 of the audience as a buncha redneck Duck calling hillbillies?

How does Maher face having 1/6 of the audience as a buncha redneck Duck calling hillbillies?

Maher will probably retain his core audience. It's baked into the show.

Duck Dynasty? Not so much.

It will continue on it's downward slide.

Nothing to do with the show either..it's part of the reality show genre.

Maher will probably retain his core audience. It's baked into the show.

Duck Dynasty? Not so much.

It will continue on it's downward slide.

Nothing to do with the show either..it's part of the reality show genre.

I don't watch either show so it don't matter to me

I will watch it. I love that show. They bust me up.

I posted yesterday, that I was very disappointed in the season opener. If it doesn't improve I won't be watching it. I have previous episodes....the really good ones..taped. :thup:

So many of TV shows start declining in quality after a few years. There are exceptions, of course and I hope DD is one of them.

it just shows me that many of today's TV Producers and Writers are not in the same league as the ones from the last century......it takes talent to write a funny show or to write a show were you have to pay attention and actually think....

it just shows me that many of today's TV Producers and Writers are not in the same league as the ones from the last century......it takes talent to write a funny show or to write a show were you have to pay attention and actually think....

Did you tune in to the first episode of 'True Detective?'

Forum List

Back