Drinking a few glasses of wine a day can keep your brain ‘clean,’ study says

images

Oh thank God...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:D

they come with contradictory studies like this all the time
it's good for you--no it's bad for you...then it's good for you etc etc

The Russians have already proved that vodka cleans out your arteries.

Russians have the cleanest arteries on the Earth.

Rules for drinking alcohol:

1 - never drink alcohol between midnight and 6 pm.

2 - never drink more than one drink per day during the work week.

3 - never go on a bender more than once a week.

4 - give yourself a weekly detox day without any alcohol at all, probably Sundays.

5 - never drink and drive -- driving is already dangerous enough.

Rules for drinking alcohol:

1 - never drink alcohol between midnight and 6 pm.

2 - never drink more than one drink per day during the work week.

3 - never go on a bender more than once a week.

4 - give yourself a weekly detox day without any alcohol at all, probably Sundays.

5 - never drink and drive -- driving is already dangerous enough.
:14:I drink twice a year, shup.

But, someday..............I'm going to be an alcoholic.

I heard today on the news that the fries from McDonald's might be a cure for baldness.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, is there anything that they won't put out there? :D :D :D

I heard today on the news that the fries from McDonald's might be a cure for baldness.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, is there anything that they won't put out there? :D :D :D
It must be true. Have you ever seen a hairy fry?

:10:

Drinking a few glasses of wine a day can keep your brain ‘clean,’ study says

What is the deal with wine drinkers? Scientific studies my behind. You know what is going on, doncha?

Behind those studies there is an awful lot of justification going on.

Where is the love for Captain and Diet with lime?

Or a six pack a day keeps whatever ails you away?

By “few” they mean like,20 right?

Can't trust 'em. They even get to have that one glass of wine a day while pregnant thang.

I don't know about any studies for or against wine drinking.......but I do know both my Grandma's had a glass of wine everyday and swore by it.

Hey, it works for me...:alcoholic:

On a serious note, these health "studies" have to be read with great care.

Today, we may be told that wine is good by one study, and then tomorrow we may be told by another study that wine is bad.

I was very disappointed to just read that eating dark chocolate is NOT a panacea.

We were once told that having a small piece of dark chocolate daily helped brain function.

Now we are being told: Forget it! In order to have dark chocolate help brain function, you would need to eat a large amount of it, thus making you gain weight and eat too much sugar.

Maybe that old saying is in order: Everything in moderation. Whether it actually helps your health is debatable, but we can all agree that if you enjoy a little wine and/or a little dark chocolate, then go for it. LIFE IS NOT A DRESS REHEARSAL.

Last edited:
On a serious note, these health "studies" have to be read with great care.

Today, we may be told that wine is good by one study, and then tomorrow we may be told by another study that wine is bad.

I was very disappointed to just read that eating dark chocolate is NOT a panacea.

We were once told that having a small piece of dark chocolate daily helped brain function.

Now we are being told: Forget it! In order to have dark chocolate help brain function, you would need to eat a large amount of it, thus making you gain weight and eat too much sugar.

Maybe that old saying is in order: Everything in moderation. Whether it actually helps your health is debatable, but we can all agree that if you enjoy a little wine and/or a little dark chocolate, then go for it. LIFE IS NOT A DRESS REHEARSAL.

EXACTLY!

I find most 'experts' don't know their nose from their elbow. What is good for one, isn't good for another, so there is always as many experts FOR something as there are experts AGAINST it.....to heck with them, I aim somewhere in the middle and NObody is taking away my chocolate!!!

Forum List

Back