Downtown Toronto trails other North American cities in pandemic recovery, study says

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
What a surprise. Canada, lead by the Creepy Ones from Toronto, ensuring we are last again. It wasn't enough to just drop from 9th in the world in innovation to 44th, Toronto needs to go belly-up, and based on the opportunity for the young there it almost certainly will. Police States do not succeed in the long run, especially in this globally competitive world.

I've been doing my part that's for certain. So many emails and phone calls to make, so little time...

More than two years after COVID-19 first struck, Toronto hasn't gotten back to even half its level of pre-pandemic activity, lagging behind many cities in North America, according to a new study.

A joint project between the University of Toronto and the University of California, Berkeley called "Death of Downtown?" compared mobile device activity in 62 metropolises between March and May of this year, against the same time frame in 2019.

The research found downtown Toronto had only gotten back up to 46 per cent of pre-pandemic levels of activity— about the same as Calgary, New Orleans, and Oakland, Calif.— placing it 52nd on the list.

Most Canadian cities fared similarly, all reaching between 43 and 56 per cent of pre-pandemic activity levels.

Okay but I am not sure that using cell phone activity is really the only metric they should have used in making the determination.

Forum List

Back