Dow Hits 36,000! Profits soaring!!

Manchin is correct, throwing trillions of dollars around like they're Monopoly money is a quick way to turn the American dollar into real Monopoly money. Unless you know everything that is in that massive new spending bill, you have no idea if it's a good idea or not. If only a small percentage of it is actually directed to infrastructure, it SHOULD be blocked and stripped down. As for it being popular, the IDEA of spending money on infrastructure is appealing, something that democrats rely on when they want to crank up a lot more new spending. I remember a certain democrat president who demanded and got billions of dollars for "shovel-ready" infrastructure jobs, then laughed about how they weren't "shovel-ready" after all.

This happens repeatedly. Democrats want to spend money but know that if they just crank up a bunch of random spending bills people will not support them, so they find a focus group approved subject people react positively to and put that on the spending bills. That way they can then just lard the things up with massive amounts of unnecessary pork designed solely to get themselves re-elected and maintain their power. Again, Manchin is correct.
No, he isn't.
Just like Trumptards that voted for a $2.3 trillion tax cut, instead of cutting spending, they went on a shopping spree.
The GQP only cares about the debt/deficit when a democrat is in office or at election time.

'I remember a certain democrat president who demanded and got billions of dollars for "shovel-ready" infrastructure jobs, then laughed about how they weren't "shovel-ready" after all'.

Yes, they were, they weren't as plentiful as Obama claimed when the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was proposed.

Republicans insisted to cuts, repeatedly filibustered routine extensions of emergency unemployment benefits, blocked aid to state governments, filibustered infrastructure investment, used extreme legislative vehicles like refusing to follow precedent on the typically pro forma votes to raise the debt ceiling to extract more economically damaging government spending cuts, blocked passage of a majority of the American Jobs Act (AJA), demanded counterproductive offsets to fiscal stimulus, and attacked the Federal Reserve’s expansion of the monetary base and other policy responses intended to lower unemployment. What follows is an abbreviated chronology.

Then when it came to a vote, only 3 republicans voted for the bill.
It was too small, just like republicans and two bought and paid for democrats are doing to Biden's bill.

Then the GQP will whine, when it doesn't do much.

But they will brag how much 'pork' they brought home, even though they never voted for it, just like they did with Obama's bill.

The GQP are pure slime.

Democrats don't compromise, I'm surprised you're claiming that they do. Republicans have only in the past few years discovered that when democrats talk about compromise they only mean Republicans are supposed to compromise, not democrats. It's not really surprising to see them flexing their political muscles. It's something the Blue Blood Rockefeller and Bush Republicans always lacked, as they allowed democrats pretty much free reign to do what they wanted. I think it was when Bush, Sr. allowed them to raise taxes then got savaged by them for breaking his pledge that Republicans started to get fed up with it.
Right.
Like the GQP are compromising now?
Or when Obama was president?
It's the democrats that are cutting their bill down to appease the two wannabe republicans.

LOL. You didn’t answer my question. Under Trump rates were higher AND the market still did great. Rates are at the very bottom. Of course the market will be high. Why don’t you try honesty for a change. For the 100th time, I am an Independent
You’re an evil dude. Raising interest rates won’t fix the driver of the problem which is supply chain shortages from the shut down under Trump. Raising interest rates will still result in the same pricing problems and it would tank the economy. You would rather hurt the economy to feel good about the bad press for Democrats than really address the problems. Evil.

Right.
Like the GQP are compromising now?
Or when Obama was president?
It's the democrats that are cutting their bill down to appease the two wannabe republicans.
Yup, they figured out that they never got anywhere by compromising with democrats, just like Bush Sr found out when he caved to their demands for higher taxes, then they turned on him and make a campaign issue out of him doing it. Now, Republicans are acting like democrats and democrats are throwing tantrums over it.

No, he isn't.
Just like Trumptards that voted for a $2.3 trillion tax cut, instead of cutting spending, they went on a shopping spree.
The GQP only cares about the debt/deficit when a democrat is in office or at election time.

'I remember a certain democrat president who demanded and got billions of dollars for "shovel-ready" infrastructure jobs, then laughed about how they weren't "shovel-ready" after all'.

Yes, they were, they weren't as plentiful as Obama claimed when the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was proposed.

Republicans insisted to cuts, repeatedly filibustered routine extensions of emergency unemployment benefits, blocked aid to state governments, filibustered infrastructure investment, used extreme legislative vehicles like refusing to follow precedent on the typically pro forma votes to raise the debt ceiling to extract more economically damaging government spending cuts, blocked passage of a majority of the American Jobs Act (AJA), demanded counterproductive offsets to fiscal stimulus, and attacked the Federal Reserve’s expansion of the monetary base and other policy responses intended to lower unemployment. What follows is an abbreviated chronology.

Then when it came to a vote, only 3 republicans voted for the bill.
It was too small, just like republicans and two bought and paid for democrats are doing to Biden's bill.

Then the GQP will whine, when it doesn't do much.

But they will brag how much 'pork' they brought home, even though they never voted for it, just like they did with Obama's bill.

The GQP are pure slime.
Name 3 government programs that were budgeted less dollars year over year due to Republican "cuts". Then you can talk about "damaging government spending cuts". And here's a clue, increasing spending by 6% on a program instead of the requested 8% is NOT a "cut".

You’re an evil dude. Raising interest rates won’t fix the driver of the problem which is supply chain shortages from the shut down under Trump. Raising interest rates will still result in the same pricing problems and it would tank the economy. You would rather hurt the economy to feel good about the bad press for Democrats than really address the problems. Evil.
They weren’t shut down under Trump. They were impacted by the virus and stupid compliance laws in Cali. I am Evil? Ha ha ha ha. Nazis called my people evil too. Nothing new. Democrats call those who disagree with them racist. That’s their calling card. Talk about evil. This is why VA suddenly turned purple after Biden won it by 10pts…actually VA went full RED! All those voters evil too?

Name 3 government programs that were budgeted less dollars year over year due to Republican "cuts". Then you can talk about "damaging government spending cuts". And here's a clue, increasing spending by 6% on a program instead of the requested 8% is NOT a "cut".

Math is racist; quit using racist memes like arithmetic.

They weren’t shut down under Trump. They were impacted by the virus and stupid compliance laws in Cali. I am Evil? Ha ha ha ha. Nazis called my people evil too. Nothing new. Democrats call those who disagree with them racist. That’s their calling card. Talk about evil. This is why VA suddenly turned purple after Biden won it by 10pts…actually VA went full RED! All those voters evil too?
I noticed you didn’t deny rooting against the economy and suggesting disastrous actions. Instead you posted about nazis and racists. What the hell?

I noticed you didn’t deny rooting against the economy and suggesting disastrous actions. Instead you posted about nazis and racists. What the hell?
I do not root against anything. This isn't an athletic event. I am seeking common sense policies and free markets. I responded to your posts because those are the calling cards of Leftists like you. What the hell? You literally called me evil. If you cannot see the massive bubble in the stock market then you need to go back to college.

I do not root against anything. This isn't an athletic event. I am seeking common sense policies and free markets. I responded to your posts because those are the calling cards of Leftists like you. What the hell? You literally called me evil. If you cannot see the massive bubble in the stock market then you need to go back to college.
You are suggesting raising interest rates when that isn’t the pricing problem. It’s supply strained from pent up demand.

What would you call someone who wanted to crash the economy because they wanted to be able to post about it on a message board? Sick? Evil could be a stretch I’ll grant you.

Companies are making profits right now and Wall Street sure likes that. I remember how much of a barometer the stock market was to measure a President’s success over the last several years. When will you conservatives start enjoying a growing economy?

Dow Average Touches 36,000 Buoyed by Earnings: Markets Wrap
Stocks Pare Gains Amid Earnings, Fed Taper Outlook: Markets Wrap

Stocks rose toward another record amid earnings surprises and optimism the recovery in the world’s largest economy is on track.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average touched the 36,000 level. The S&P 500 climbed for a third day, led by commodity, retail and financial companies. The tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 underperformed. Treasuries fell.

More than 80% of S&P 500 companies reporting third-quarter results have beaten Wall Street estimates, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That has laid the groundwork for a nearly 6% gain in the equity benchmark since the season began on Oct. 13 -- the best performance over a comparable period since 2014.

citygator: (When a Democrat is President) - Wall Street profits shows how great our economy is thanks to President (D)
citygator: (When a Republican is President) - Wall Street profits shows how Republicans only care about the rich

You are suggesting raising interest rates when that isn’t the pricing problem. It’s supply strained from pent up demand.

What would you call someone who wanted to crash the economy because they wanted to be able to post about it on a message board? Sick? Evil could be a stretch I’ll grant you.
I am suggesting raising interest rates because then people can invest their monies in savings accounts, CDs and bonds vs. just equities. That will also normalize the overinflated housing market. It is not JUST a supply chain problem, this is what you do not understand. Find the post where I said I wanted to "crash the economy"? You're just making shit up now, leftist.

Find the post where I said I wanted to "crash the economy"? You're just making shit up now, leftist.
Ok. Here you go:

“time to raise interest rates…then let’s see how much shit you talk,”

Those statements are directly connected by you. If raising rates was going to help the economy why wouldn’t I be happy about it and posting the results here? Youre so disingenuous.

Ok. Here you go:

“time to raise interest rates…then let’s see how much shit you talk,”

Those statements are directly connected by you. If raising rates was going to help the economy why wouldn’t I be happy about it and posting the results here? Youre so disingenuous.
That will impact the stock market but will also give rise to CDs, bonds and savings account. It won't crash the economy LOL. In fact it will allow banks to increase profits and potentially lend more. You're so uninformed. Did you really go to school?

That will impact the stock market but will also give rise to CDs, bonds and savings account. It won't crash the economy LOL. In fact it will allow banks to increase profits and potentially lend more. You're so uninformed. Did you really go to school?
Dodged the question and tried to hide it with nonsense and an insult.

Why would raising interest rates stop me from “talking shit”? You’re cornered.

Dodged the question and tried to hide it with nonsense and an insult.

Why would raising interest rates stop me from “talking shit”? You’re cornered.
Because all you have is the stock market. Everything else Biden and his party have utterly destroyed. Once rates normalize so will the inflated market. That is actually better for younger persons as they can buy more shares via their retirement accounts. That is why. Do you want me to teach you basic finance and economics? High stock prices only benefit those that are cashing out, lower values help those dollar cost averaging without a current need for liquidity.

Because all you have is the stock market. Everything else Biden and his party have utterly destroyed. Once rates normalize so will the inflated market. That is actually better for younger persons as they can buy more shares via their retirement accounts. That is why. Do you want me to teach you basic finance and economics? High stock prices only benefit those that are cashing out, lower values help those dollar cost averaging without a current need for liquidity.
See the employment thread for more good news from the Biden administration. Your lame POV that the market is the only positive and that it is also a fake positive reeks of desperation and the type of gaslighting you guys do. Keep it up comrade.

See the employment thread for more good news from the Biden administration. Your lame POV that the market is the only positive and that it is also a fake positive reeks of desperation and the type of gaslighting you guys do. Keep it up comrade.

Did they meet expectations? Yes or no? Biden's approval ratings are in the toilet for a reason. Why do you think that is?

Did they meet expectations? Yes or no? Biden's approval ratings are in the toilet for a reason. Why do you think that is?
Brandon’s approval is being hurt by the needed, but highly unpopular, vaccination OSHA guidelines. Plus no one likes price increases from supply and demand issues and that is being taken out on Biden. Finally he hasn’t navigated the infrastructure bills yet.

As for expectations:

• August job numbers were adjusted upward from 235 to 483 (+248)
  • September job numbers were adjusted upward from 194 to 312 (+118)
  • Adjusted total of +366 jobs added to the economy than first reported in Aug & Sep jobs reports, respectively
  • Total of +1.33m jobs added to the economy from Aug-Oct (w/Oct #s likely to be adjusted upward next month)
  • Average=+443 per month Aug-Oct
  • 22.36m jobs lost from covid shutdown
  • 18.74m jobs gained since then

Forum List

Back