Double-Speak at its Best

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Check out this example of double-speak!

""I never called the strike against Iran "BACK," as people are incorrectly reporting, I just stopped it from going forward at this time!" Trump tweeted."

I'm pleased that Trump held his ground against the hawks--but it seems he just can't take a stand and hold it..for more than a minute!

Trump claims media got it wrong on Iran strike: 'I never called the strike' back

""I never called the strike against Iran "BACK," as people are incorrectly reporting, I just stopped it from going forward at this time!" Trump tweeted."

I'm pleased that Trump held his ground against the hawks--but it seems he just can't take a stand and hold it..for more than a minute!

Trump claims media got it wrong on Iran strike: 'I never called the strike' back

At the last minute somebody told him it would hurt his reelection chances if he started a war. Nobody believes the military didn't have an estimate of how many would die until the last minute.

Cheeto Jesus changed his story?

Well that never happens.....

....more than once a day or so.

I believe the Democrats leaked the battle plan to their Iranian allies so they would fill the targets up with civilians. That's why trump invited them to the briefing. It was a trap to expose leakers. Probably never intended to go threw with it. Just wanted Democrats to think he was.

Trump the Orwellian president.
Care to actually elaborate on that instead of your usual drive by posting of some lame soundbite your programmers told you to say.

An actual thought perhaps?

Seems like an aversion to full war, how is that a negative, or "Orwellian" in any shape whatsoever?

He simply corrected the WRONG press reports that the strike was IN PROGRESS when he called it off. It's not wrong to get the actual story corrected.....

He simply corrected the WRONG press reports that the strike was IN PROGRESS when he called it off. It's not wrong to get the actual story corrected.....
Seemed clear enough to me, but I guess everything looks a little different thru tard colored glasses

Did JFK cancel an invasion of Cuba in 1962 or did he decide to disallow that plan to ensue?

I wasn't aware of any invasion plans in 62. There was an embargo that could have potentially led to some sort of attack on Cuba, but since the embargo worked, no further action was called for. Trump just folded on his plan without gaining anything. I guess someone finally told him his chances for reelection would be hurt bad if he started a war.

Did JFK cancel an invasion of Cuba in 1962 or did he decide to disallow that plan to ensue?

I wasn't aware of any invasion plans in 62. There was an embargo that could have potentially led to some sort of attack on Cuba, but since the embargo worked, no further action was called for. Trump just folded on his plan without gaining anything. I guess someone finally told him his chances for reelection would be hurt bad if he started a war.
Dumb ass the Cuban exiles invaded Cuba with our help and then JFK abandoned them on the beaches.

Wow, you ignorant, AND stupid. A great combo you got going there.

Try reading a history book sometime.

Wow, you ignorant, AND stupid. A great combo you got going there.

Try reading a history book sometime.

I was responding about an event in 62. That would be the Cuban Missile Crisis. Evidently, you think the Bay of Pigs happened in 62 as well. That was in 61. Perhaps you should actually know what you are talking about before you get snotty.

Dumb ass the Cuban exiles invaded Cuba with our help and then JFK abandoned them on the beaches.

That was in 61.The post I was responding specifically said 62, which would have had to mean the missile crisis.

It'd be quite interesting to see how Trump would go about calling "BACK" a missile or bomb once they are launched / dropped.

But "10,000 lies (and counting)" Trump getting all snotty and persnickety about meticulous accuracy in language is still hilarious.

Well..to be technical..he allowed the plan to continue in '61--he just called off the planned US air support and neglected to inform our putative allies...thus allowing the invasion to be crushed on the beach.

Last edited:

Unless, of course, the press got it right..and Trump is just engaging in his usual opaque revisionist editing after the fact. Everyone has an opinion--tailored to their bias.

Not that it matters..as i said, I'm pleased that he showed some restraint..whatever the actual timing. Trump acted Presidential in the face of a lot of encouragement to go to war.

It just seemed a silly way of expressing himself..a point that makes no point, if you will.

Unless, of course, the press got it right..and Trump is just engaging in his usual opaque revisionist editing after the fact. Everyone has an opinion--tailored to their bias.

Not that it matters..as i said, I'm pleased that he showed some restraint..whatever the actual timing. Trump acted Presidential in the face of a lot of encouragement to go to war.

It just seemed a silly way of expressing himself..a point that makes no point, if you will.

Yeah, the airmen had been sailing to their attack points. The airmen had their planes loaded with weaponry and up in the air. Both groups got notice the attack would start at 8:00, target coordinates programmed, the launch button unlocked. At 7:55 they all get radio, "The boss just pulled a funny. Don't drop or launch anything; come back home."

Sure, none would insist they were called "BACK". Just stopped.

That's all just risible. Sure, someone told The Donald reversing himself is showing weakness, probably some issues with his manliness or something. As if folks out there would forget the U.S. military's capability to destroy things, and then make the rubble bounce, dozens of times over. Trump should have been properly briefed before moving troops. The public display of disorganization - most likely the result of internal strife between competing factions in conjunction with a CinC who doesn't have the first clue what he's doing - is devastating enough. That Trump now feels compelled, apparently, to counter the doubts about manliness just compounds the devastating impression overall.

Forum List

Back