Don't Worry The US Military's AI Will Be "Judeo-Christian", Says 3 Star Pentagon General

Imagine if you will (yeah, we’re in Rod Serling territory), an AI model trained on the Bible, a book full of violence and vengeance in which God on several occasions called for genocide, like in Deuteronomy 20:16-17, which says, “But of the cities of these peoples which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance, you shall let nothing that breathes remain alive, but you shall utterly destroy them,” or this gem from the destruction of Jericho in Joshua 6: “Now the city shall be doomed by the Lord to destruction, it and all who are in it.“
Putting aside how, exactly, the military’s AI will be trained to make “Judeo-Christian” decisions, in publicly making his statement that America is a “Judeo-Christian society” and, thus, somehow morally superior, Lt Gen Moore was not only in clear violation of the truth, but of Air Force Instruction 1-1, Section 2.12, which unambiguously states (emphasis added):

“Moore’s undeniably repugnant, fundamentalist Christian nationalist rhetoric MUST be answered swiftly by DoD to stem the tide of Moore’s vomitus spewing which WILL generate rampant destruction of good order, morale, discipline, and unit cohesion within the ranks of our American armed forces.

Nukes for Jesus.
AI seem to be racist with all their unlimited knowledge.

“In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.”

Thomas Jefferson — in a letter to Horatio Spofford, 1814
A little context helps here.

"I join in your reprobation of our merchants, priests and lawyers for their adherence to England & monarchy in preference to their own country and it’s constitution. but merchants have no country. the mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains. in every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. he is always in alliance with the Despot abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. it is easier to acquire wealth and power by this combination than by deserving them: and to effect this they have perverted the purest religion ever preached to man, into mystery & jargon unintelligible to all mankind & therefore the safer engine for their purposes. with the lawyers it is a new thing. they have in the mother country been generally the firmest supporters of the free principles of their constitution. but there too they have changed. I ascribe much of this to the substitution of Blackstone for my Lord Coke, as an elementary work. in truth Blackstone and Hume have made tories of all England, and are making tories of those young Americans whose native feelings of independance do not place them above the wily sophistries of a Hume or a Blackstone. these two books, but especially the former have done more towards the suppression of the liberties of man, than all the million of men in arms of Bonaparte and the millions of human lives with the sacrifice of which he will stand loaded before the judgment seat of his maker. I fear nothing for our liberty from the assaults of force; but I have seen and felt much, and fear more from English books, English prejudices, English manners, and the apes, the dupes, and designs among our professional crafts. when I look around me for security against these seductions, I find it in the wide spread of our Agricultural citizens, in their unsophisticated minds, their independance and their power if called on to crush the Humists of our cities, and to maintain the principles which severed us from England. I see our safety in the extent of our confederacy, and in the probability that in the proportion of that the sound parts will always be sufficient to crush local poisons. in this hope I rest, and tender you the assurance of my esteem and respect."

Jefferson's objection wasn't to Christianity but to the priests who pervert it.

Did Jesus value war? It's been a while since I perused a Bible.
Matthew 10:34 “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.”

Luke 22:36 “He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.”

Imagine if you will (yeah, we’re in Rod Serling territory), an AI model trained on the Bible, a book full of violence and vengeance in which God on several occasions called for genocide, like in Deuteronomy 20:16-17, which says, “But of the cities of these peoples which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance, you shall let nothing that breathes remain alive, but you shall utterly destroy them,” or this gem from the destruction of Jericho in Joshua 6: “Now the city shall be doomed by the Lord to destruction, it and all who are in it.“
Putting aside how, exactly, the military’s AI will be trained to make “Judeo-Christian” decisions, in publicly making his statement that America is a “Judeo-Christian society” and, thus, somehow morally superior, Lt Gen Moore was not only in clear violation of the truth, but of Air Force Instruction 1-1, Section 2.12, which unambiguously states (emphasis added):

“Moore’s undeniably repugnant, fundamentalist Christian nationalist rhetoric MUST be answered swiftly by DoD to stem the tide of Moore’s vomitus spewing which WILL generate rampant destruction of good order, morale, discipline, and unit cohesion within the ranks of our American armed forces.

Nukes for Jesus.
Attempting to dump "Judeo-Christian" values on an AI ?!? Right, why not live the old days of the bible all over. Not much violence and bloodshed in the bible, is there .

Friend, you just have to read a little farther in the book to get your answer...

...and [Jesus] called the people to him and said to them, “Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Matthew 15:10-11
When it's mostly BS, does it really matter, no.

Nukes for Jesus.

Tell us your views on abortion. For what reason? How late in the pregnancy?

Then I'll tell you about God's "abhorrent" actions in the OT

That Deuteronomy line was about destroying one particular kingdom because it was so vile and disgusting in its practices that God did not want them influencing the Jews. Otherwise they were commanded to make peace with their neighbors.

It is an example that God does not tolerate the most vile sinners, like child killers and rapists.

We are increasingly indistinguishable from the nations God told the Israelites to raze.

Tell us your views on abortion. For what reason? How late in the pregnancy?

Then I'll tell you about God's "abhorrent" actions in the OT
No need to explain the tribal beliefs that unfortunately bece a world religion.

No need to explain the tribal beliefs that unfortunately bece a world religion.

You cannot logically and reasonably condemn God for killing evil people while you endorse killing innocent babies in the womb because they are inconvenient to their mothers.

Period.

You cannot logically and reasonably condemn God for killing evil people while you endorse killing innocent babies in the womb because they are inconvenient to their mothers.

Period.
You can condemn a false god anytime you want and they're all false on this planet.

He is not false, and Jesus is coming back. I think very soon.
Only in your dreams. The man Jesus had his chance and he blew it , or was that his followers. It's been far too long to remember but it didn't work. No one lives in peace and love with one another because everyone's in everyone else's business. And love can't survive that.

Forum List

Back