Don't they make enough money?

I also believe that people who make an incredible amount of money are using their talents to convince other people to buy goods that they don't need..

And who the FUCK are you to decide what anyone does or does not "need"? Mind your own fucking business.

What is it with Hollywood actors? A million or two or three per movie isn't enough?

Who are you to decide what is "enough" for someone else?

I don't want to make that decision. My point is that the actors are using their celebrity status and their substantial talent to (fool?) Americans into buying products they obviously don't use? All I suggest is that the ad. agencies indicate what the actors are being paid.

Is it anyone else's business what someone is willing to pay you to do something legal?

Well, I hope it bugs you to no end because you deserve it for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

What is it with Hollywood actors? A million or two or three per movie isn't enough? Fred Thompson apparently wasn't making enough money as a US Senator so he went back to Hollywood and now he is hawking mortgages along with Robert Wagner. Personally I think Thompson should be prevented from using the word "government" in his selling spiel since he was a senator. Tommy Lee Jones is starring in half a dozen movies on cable TV but he apparently can't resist another couple of million to use his considerable acting talents to sell insurance and William Devane is selling gold. There is nothing illegal about it but it seems sleazy and hypocritical for mega rich actors to use their talent to try to peddle a product that they obviously don't use and don't need.

It's called "capitalism".

I believe in capitalism. I believe that people should be able to get the most for goods they sell without government interference. I also believe that people who make an incredible amount of money are using their talents to convince other people to buy goods that they don't need. I don't object to listing the salary o pizza delivery people and I don't object to listing the salaries of politicians. All I am saying is that Ad. agencies should be required to state whether an actor is using his status as a public service or if he/she is a salesman and is using his/her considerable talent to convince people to purchase an item.

At any time did you ever think that an actor promoting a product actually believed and used the product they promote? If you did, then you really need a keeper. If you assume that whoever is in the commercial is in the commercial because they are paid to make that commercial you will advance your intelligence by degrees. ALL of them are salesmen. Everyone. Without exception. Next you'll be thinking that Tiger Woods actually eats Wheaties because he was on the box.

Perhaps he believes that Jean Reno really is Doraemon and drives a pink car!

Update, Gwenith Paltro's mother Blythe Danner peddling some prescription drug with side effects that include "fatal episodes". How about this scenario: Victims who are injured or die from risky prescription medicine peddled by Hollywood "stars"should be able to sue the "stars" just like they sue the makers of the junk.

Libs are freaking crazy...
First they want to tax the shit out of rich people.
Then they want to limit how much people can earn....

You just can't make this stuff up

Fred Thompson was once a Republican candidate for President.

:lol:

I guess the knee-jerk response by radical lefties is to protect their Hollywood base but Thompson is a former republican and now he is peddling "reverse mortgage" insurance. I suggest the Ad agencies be forced to air a disclaimer that the hollywood celeb does not use the product or how much the celebrity is being compensated. I would also suggest that the celebrity who uses his/her considerable talent to sell us a product be liable for a law suit if the product does not meet expectations.

Update, Gwenith Paltro's mother Blythe Danner peddling some prescription drug with side effects that include "fatal episodes". How about this scenario: Victims who are injured or die from risky prescription medicine peddled by Hollywood "stars"should be able to sue the "stars" just like they sue the makers of the junk.

You are truly an idiot.

My Dad's friend is really wealthy and he says, "its never enough, someone always has more." It's hard to understand for most. Most people just do enough to get by.

Libs seem to need to know how much money people have.
I guess it makes sense because they need to know how many times they will have to stick their
hands in their pockets.

Are you a mind reader or something? The OP isn't a lib and I haven't seen any supporting the OP, either! :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back