Donald Trump Tells Fox News’ Bret Baier Why He Didn’t Just Return ALL Classified Documents: “I Was Very Busy” To Sort Through Boxes

I cannot believe this forum allows you guys to openly discuss and advocate violence. I mod for other forums and have often though they are far too concerned about litigation, nothing that even sounds like advocating violence is remotely allowed. One of you nutters are going to do something stupid and when they go through their post history they will find the forum. One of the forums I was on was investigated for exactly that reason. I found out about it much later from Administration, but I guess it was unpleasant. Even before that forum would not allow advocating violence. I don't care, just find it interesting. Hopefully nothing will ever happen.
That "Report" button is supposed to handle threats, correct?

That "Report" button is supposed to handle threats, correct?
This is more blatant. It is in signature lines and common. I dont care, I am certainly not offended or afraid of them, I guess I was just pointing out how irrational they are and are allowed to be on this forum.

So he says "I didn't have time". For a year and a half, while he played a few hundred rounds of golf.

Then why did he have his lawyers, multiple times, tell Archives that he had FULLY complied? In writing?

Jack Smith must be salivating, as this lying buffoon continues to incriminate himself on Fox and everywhere else.
He didn't even have to go through them himself. He could have shipped those boxes to NARA, they would have sorted through them.

I'm pretty darn sure I know why. But since you're so certain Trump is guilty why don't you provide your proof?

Meanwhile, given that the FBI raid was done in the wee hours of the morning, Trump's lawyer was ordered off the premises and nobody was allowed to watch them do what they were doing, the FBI did not show photos of the secure storeroom with double lock where the documents were stored, it is obvious the FBI raid was fully intended to make Trump look as bad as possible. . .

. . .if the FBI produces incriminating documents they say Trump had there, can ANYBODY with intellectual honesty give assurance the FBI did not plant those documents there? They ordered the security cameras turned off and they were off for a short time before they were turned back on. What did the FBI do during the time they were off?

The whole situation has become so politicized and absurd at this point, the process so tainted and suspect, absolutely no honorable person could declare him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
I would like to know where you got your information as it is not correct. First of all, there are very detailed procedures used in executing federal search warrant. Deviations from procedures or violations of the warrant or federal law can result in the case being thrown out of court and charges brought against agents.

1. Federal search warrants may be executed between 6am and 10 pm with exception granted for certain drug raids. This warrant was executed about 7am, not in the wee hours of the morning.
2. In this kind of search warrant the agent must do a knock and announce which was done. The warrant was shown, not sure to who but a Trump lawyer was called to examine the warrant. That is not required but was done.
3. After the warrant is presented, agents secured the area to be search by removing persons from the area. This is done to make sure there is no tampering with evidence. The agent may ask the owner or representative to help open doors etc. if needed. It is my understanding that this was done and it is all according to FBI procedures.

Keep in mind that the assumption of the court is that the federal agents executing the search are doing so in a lawful manner. The court does not require evidence that the agents are operating within the law.

Last edited:
I would like know where you got your information as it is not correct. First of all, there are very detailed procedures used in exciting federal search warrant. Deviations from procedures or violations of the warrant or federal law can result in case be thrown out of court and charges brought against agents.

1. Federal search warrants may executed between 6am and 10 pm with exception granted for certain drug raids. This warranted was executed about 7am, not in wee hours of the morning.
2. In this kind of search warrant the agent must do a knock and announce which was done. The warrant was shown, not sure to who but aTrump lawyer was called to examine the warrant. That is not required but was done.
3. After the warrant is presented, agents secure the area to be search by removing persons from the area. This is done to make sure there is no tampering with evidence. The agent may ask the owner or representative to help open doors etc. if needed. It is my understanding that this is was done and it is all according to FBI procedures.

Keep in mind that the assumption of the court is that the federal agents executing the search are doing so in a lawful manner. The court does not require evidence that the agents are operating within the law.

You think that a corrupt Government follows procedures.
How quaint

How quaint

If there were any procedures that didn't comply with federal guidelines it will be good to see them claimed in a Court of Law so that the evidence and testimony of those involved can be placed into the record under penalty of perjury.

This will be done as a Motion to Suppress the warrant and any evidence derived from it.

WW

Actually Trump could have already issued himself a pardon in the last days of his presidency. It would be up to the courts to determine if such an act is legal. As a legal precept that is older than the constitution, denies such sovereign immunity.
I think it is very unlikely the court would find a pardon constitutional for a crime that has not been committed by a person who has not been convicted.

How quaint
I think the FBI does follow procedures particular in cases such as this that will be scrutinized by lawyers, legal analysts as well as the news media. Although the highest levels of law enforcement be it local, state, or federal, will always be pollical, agents and officers that are charged with carrying out court orders and enforcing the law dot the Is' and cross the Ts' because it is their job and career that is on line.

I think the FBI does follow procedures particular in cases such as this that will be scrutinized by lawyers, legal analysts as well as the news media. Although the highest levels of law enforcement be it local, state, or federal, will always be pollical, agents and officers that are charged with carrying out court orders and enforcing the law dot the Is' and cross the Ts' because it is their job and career that is on line.

You are hilarious.

Actually the defense of Trump on that statement is that it was hyperbole, and was not made under oath. They could use that Trump is a known liar, and anything he says at any time doesn't have to be true.

That even if Trump says "I did such and such" doesn't make it true.
I can just see Trump's lawyers saying to the jury, "Trump can't be can't trusted. He is a notorious liar".

Last edited:
An indictment is the opposite of proof.
No, the opposite of proof is a contradiction. A legal indictment is far more than just an accusation. It is formal notice that a person is believed to have committed a crime. It also is the foundation for a prosecutor's case containing the charges and the evidence presented to grand jury to support those charges.

Last edited:
O J Simpson walked because of an incompetent prosecution and an ignorant jury. A whopping 10 jurors were dismissed and replaced during that trial leaving only the dumbest in place. Some of those jury members were recorded outside the courthouse saying "Lots of people can have the same dna." The prosecution got so technical and tedious they proved their case pretty much beyond any reasonable doubt, but it went right over the heads of those jurors and pretty much put them to sleep.

And then there was a fiasco of a shrunken glove that didn't fit--another prosecutorial blunder--and that pretty much sealed the verdict for a jury who didn't want to convict him.

In Trump's case the FBI 'found evidence' without any observers and for awhile no security cameras witnessing the find.

A highly politicized DOJ and most likely judge and jury who want Trump to be guilty will prosecute him.

What is his defense?
Evidence that the FBI collects by executing a search warrant is almost always without observers because they remove people from the search area before starting the search. This is FBI search procedure.

The DOJ can force the judge out of the case if they choose to do that, and you can be sure they'll do everything in their power to impanel a jury as hostile to Trump as they can get.

I'm not saying they will replace Cannon but she is young and pretty inexperienced. That could make her vulnerable to pressure from the DOJ and don't think it won't be applied.

I am confident President Trump has been 100% railroaded so far in this whole thing, and there is zero reason to think the DOJ will decide to be honorable and just now.

I hope you're right that he'll get a fair trial. I just don't see that happening. I just don't see how that can happen given what we know.
No. The Department of Justice as part of the executive branch of the United States Government has no authority over the judiciary's handling of its cases. The U.S. Attorneys and all federal prosecutors are part of the Executive Branch, while the judges and members of the Courts are part of the Judicial Branch.

I can just see Trump's lawyers saying to the jury, "Trump can't be can't trusted. He is a notorious liar".

I think they now call that the "Tucker Carlson Defense".

The logic being that no reasonable person would be expected to believe what a person actually says.

WW

The DOJ can force the judge out of the case if they choose to do that, and you can be sure they'll do everything in their power to impanel a jury as hostile to Trump as they can get.

I'm not saying they will replace Cannon but she is young and pretty inexperienced. That could make her vulnerable to pressure from the DOJ and don't think it won't be applied.

I am confident President Trump has been 100% railroaded so far in this whole thing, and there is zero reason to think the DOJ will decide to be honorable and just now.

I hope you're right that he'll get a fair trial. I just don't see that happening. I just don't see how that can happen given what we know.

The DOJ can't do that. There are three branches of government and Federal Judges and the DOJ aren't in the same branch.

The only thing that can happen to force Judge Cannon off the case is for the DOJ to make a motion to her to recuse based on a reason. Such a motion then is part of the public record.

If she denies the motion then the DOJ can appeal it to the 11 Circuit Court of Appeals to have Judge Cannon removed. 11 Circuit also being part of the Judicial Branch and not the Executive Branch where the DOJ is located.

But again that is a public motion and appeal so the only way that would succeed is if Judge Cannon really screws up her rulings and the 11th has to step in because of an incorrect application of the law.

WW

The DOJ can't do that. There are three branches of government and Federal Judges and the DOJ aren't in the same branch.

The only thing that can happen to force Judge Cannon off the case is for the DOJ to make a motion to her to recuse based on a reason. Such a motion then is part of the public record.

If she denies the motion then the DOJ can appeal it to the 11 Circuit Court of Appeals to have Judge Cannon removed. 11 Circuit also being part of the Judicial Branch and not the Executive Branch where the DOJ is located.

But again that is a public motion and appeal so the only way that would succeed is if Judge Cannon really screws up her rulings and the 11th has to step in because of an incorrect application of the law.

WW
Being a conservative and a Trump appointee, it will be interesting to see if she swings toward Trump or wants to prove that she is above the politics. No matter how she rules, she is going to be blasted by the opposition. Being a newbie on the bench may be why she was assigned this case. I would imagine that most judges would not want to be her shoes. I sure wouldn't.

Forum List

Back