Donald Trump Just Rained on the Democrats' January 6th Parade

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Red State ^ | 01/04/2022 |

While the snowy weather may have other plans, Democrats are still tentatively gearing up for a day of “commemoration” on January 6th. Part of that will be CNN hosting a live event from the Capitol — in what is sure to be a grotesque, gaudy spectacle — in which they trump up the world’s first “insurrection” that didn’t involve the use of deadly weapons or anyone actually attempting to take over the government. Contrary to the hysteria, someone stealing Nancy Pelosi’s beer may be a crime, but it’s not an organized coup.

Yet, Democrats were also banking on another happening to bolster their January 6th spectacle. Donald Trump had a press conference scheduled at Mar-a-Lago on the same day, and there’s little doubt what the content of the discussion would have included. Yet, he’s now abruptly canceled it in a move that is going to leave no one upset except Democrats, who hoped to make political hay out of it.

This per The Hill.

The former president had planned to use the Thursday news conference at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., as counterprogramming for a scheduled prayer service at the Capitol to commemorate the events of Jan. 6.
In a statement, Trump blamed the House select committee charged with investigating the Jan. 6 riot for the cancellation. He said he would instead touch on many of the themes he had planned to discuss at the news conference during a rally in Arizona set for Jan. 15.
“In light of the total bias and dishonesty of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Democrats, two failed Republicans, and the Fake News Media, I am canceling the January 6th Press Conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday, and instead will discuss many of those important topics at my rally on Saturday, January 15th, in Arizona – It will be a big crowd!” he said.

To be frank, there was nothing helpful that was going to come from Trump spending January 6th talking about 2020 election fraud. No matter what you feel about the topic, that contrast would work against him (and all Republicans)
on a day where every major media outlet will be blasting out videos and “analysis” of the Capitol breach. It would have simply super-charged the Democrat narrative and played right into their hands. In fact, members of the January 6th committee were already gearing up to use Trump’s presser as proof of their case that he incited violence. They desperately wanted Trump to hand them more fodder and lash out.

It seems like Trump realized that, as he cites the machinations of the January 6th committee as the reason for his cancelation. Whatever the reason, it’s a smart move on his part to deny them the viral clips and talking points they were banking on. I’m sure he and his advisers sat down and figured out what the game was here and chose not to play along.

Now, what do the Democrats have? Some low-rated CNN coverage and a short speech from Joe Biden that no one will watch unless he has another senile moment that causes it to go viral. And that’s if the iced-up roads in the city of Washington, D.C., are even cleared in time for them to hold any live events. As it stands, it might snow again on Thursday.

Regardless, even if everything goes off as planned, the lack of participation by Trump will put a big damper on the day for Democrats. They were counting on him to be their foil, drawing eyeballs so they could make their laughable case that January 6th was akin to the Civil War. Now, they’ve been deprived of that big boost. You love to see it.

--------------------

I have a hard time making up my mind which would be worse: (1) the left really believing all of their hysterical nonsense about January 6th; or (2) them deliberately lying and exaggerating about it for political gain. In either case, we are dealing with serious mental pathology admixed with shameless mendacity.

While the snowy weather may have other plans, Democrats are still tentatively gearing up for a day of “commemoration” on January 6th.
Let's face facts: they could have THREE feet of snow THAT day and I bet they'd keep Washington open, the highways moving, and all make it there. They LIVE to hate Trump, it is all that they got. Their entire campaign is the: We Are Not Trump party.

Now, what do the Democrats have? Some low-rated CNN coverage and a short speech from Joe Biden that no one will watch
That is all they ever had anyway. No one will bother tuning in to see and hear Joe except some media and mostly government employees paid with time off to watch it.

I have a hard time making up my mind which would be worse: (1) the left really believing all of their hysterical nonsense about January 6th; or (2) them deliberately lying and exaggerating about it for political gain. In either case, we are dealing with serious mental pathology admixed with shameless mendacity.
What about Option #3? That all of this continues to go on week after week, month after month, because of the stationary, voiceless, gutless indolence of McConnell's Toothless Turtle Brigade. Meantime, Americans remain held captive lawlessly in utter seclusion with no due process of law, a condition they would never tolerate for GITMO detainees, no bail, no charges, no representation, no court date and no visitors, for walking into what used to be the capitol of freedom and human rights.

58519ca9120000c40beef4eb.jpeg

While the snowy weather may have other plans, Democrats are still tentatively gearing up for a day of “commemoration” on January 6th. Part of that will be CNN hosting a live event from the Capitol — in what is sure to be a grotesque, gaudy spectacle — in which they trump up the world’s first “insurrection” that didn’t involve the use of deadly weapons or anyone actually attempting to take over the government. Contrary to the hysteria, someone stealing Nancy Pelosi’s beer may be a crime, but it’s not an organized coup.

Yet, Democrats were also banking on another happening to bolster their January 6th spectacle. Donald Trump had a press conference scheduled at Mar-a-Lago on the same day, and there’s little doubt what the content of the discussion would have included. Yet, he’s now abruptly canceled it in a move that is going to leave no one upset except Democrats, who hoped to make political hay out of it.

This per The Hill.

To be frank, there was nothing helpful that was going to come from Trump spending January 6th talking about 2020 election fraud. No matter what you feel about the topic, that contrast would work against him (and all Republicans)
on a day where every major media outlet will be blasting out videos and “analysis” of the Capitol breach. It would have simply super-charged the Democrat narrative and played right into their hands. In fact, members of the January 6th committee were already gearing up to use Trump’s presser as proof of their case that he incited violence. They desperately wanted Trump to hand them more fodder and lash out.

It seems like Trump realized that, as he cites the machinations of the January 6th committee as the reason for his cancelation. Whatever the reason, it’s a smart move on his part to deny them the viral clips and talking points they were banking on. I’m sure he and his advisers sat down and figured out what the game was here and chose not to play along.

Now, what do the Democrats have? Some low-rated CNN coverage and a short speech from Joe Biden that no one will watch unless he has another senile moment that causes it to go viral. And that’s if the iced-up roads in the city of Washington, D.C., are even cleared in time for them to hold any live events. As it stands, it might snow again on Thursday.

Regardless, even if everything goes off as planned, the lack of participation by Trump will put a big damper on the day for Democrats. They were counting on him to be their foil, drawing eyeballs so they could make their laughable case that January 6th was akin to the Civil War. Now, they’ve been deprived of that big boost. You love to see it.

--------------------

I'm not surprised you have a hard time making up your mind...you have so little to work with.

The 1/6/21 insurrection attempt/failure was just like the rest of the blob's administration; he takes full credit when it benefits him and no responsibility when the shit hits the fan. That he cancelled his speech is just another failure since he got his mara-lard-ass kicked out of office. Remember his failed social media platform? Remember his "history" tour?

His ratings have fallen. He can't even sell pillows these days.

New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted that Trump was swayed due to the possibility that TV stations wouldn’t carry his remarks live.
“Among other things, several advisors — formal and informal — told him the press conference was a mistake and/but it was becoming clear he wasn’t likely to get the live TV coverage he was hoping for,” she tweeted.

I'm not surprised you have a hard time making up your mind...you have so little to work with.

The 1/6/21 insurrection attempt/failure was just like the rest of the blob's administration; he takes full credit when it benefits him and no responsibility when the shit hits the fan. That he cancelled his speech is just another failure since he got his mara-lard-ass kicked out of office. Remember his failed social media platform? Remember his "history" tour?

So those people protesting were actually going to overthrow the government of the United States. A Prog and their soapbox. Worried about people overthrowing the gravy train. When they were protesting the Pravda Communist edicts that our politcians have enforced on us. And like the Communists many of the protesters have been sent to gulags.

This per The Hill.

--------------------

I will be sure to ignore the Dumbocrats shenanigans on Jan 6 2022. I can see circus clowns on UTube.

candycorn
Anyone been charged with insurrection?? How bout ZERO.

The FBI found no signs of an insurrection or an attempt to take over the Government. That's all in your lefty loon mind.

You should be more worried about the walking talking disaster that YOU voted for and support.

You should also be more worried about the mid terms where You dems will get shalacked. You should find these two items more important than 1/6.

Their entire campaign is the: We Are Not Trump party.
I wonder if any of them noticed how that campaign worked for McAufil? As they get closer to the monumental ass-kicking they have due this November, I expect them to go totally nuts and try to stir serious violence.

a condition they would never tolerate for GITMO detainees, no bail, no charges, no representation, no court date and no visitors, for walking into what used to be the capitol of freedom and human rights.
If Trump's administration had attempted to treat the Inauguration protesters in 2017 like these folks have been treated, they'd have been looting and burning blue cities non-stop. People are fed up with their double standards and once they've so thoroughly destroyed our economy that people on the Right have no jobs to go to, the Lefties may realize too late that payback is a bitch.

I wonder if any of them noticed how that campaign worked for McAufil? As they get closer to the monumental ass-kicking they have due this November, I expect them to go totally nuts and try to stir serious violence.
That's exactly what I think they are trying to do...I always live by the edict that what ever a liberal is accusing, that is what they themselves are guilty of...

There were no Republicans in the House for the democrats 1/6 celebration.
No one cares about 1/6. It was a bad idea that turned into a riot.
It paled in comparison to the summer riots that the democrats had.
Xiden and the democrats are still "lame ducks", enjoy the rest of the "no new laws" term...

So those people protesting were actually going to overthrow the government of the United States. A Prog and their soapbox. Worried about people overthrowing the gravy train. When they were protesting the Pravda Communist edicts that our politcians have enforced on us. And like the Communists many of the protesters have been sent to gulags.
They used violence to stop the certification of a duly elected president. It wasn't just a protest. A protest is a peaceful assembly, it is legal. A riot is violence conducted during a protest. Those actions are illegal. A riot that has at its purpose stopping the peaceful transition of power is an insurrection. It too is illegal and I would argue more heinous.

Being bad at it doesn't change what it was neither does it change that the fact that it happened is very serious.

candycorn
Anyone been charged with insurrection?? How bout ZERO.

The FBI found no signs of an insurrection or an attempt to take over the Government. That's all in your lefty loon mind.

You should be more worried about the walking talking disaster that YOU voted for and support.

You should also be more worried about the mid terms where You dems will get shalacked. You should find these two items more important than 1/6.
Yep, and then their is Putin pulling one out of the Chinese president's playbook, where as the Russians want to revolk Russian citizenship from Russian's who are WOKE/LIBERAL. Said that he (Putin) doesn't want Russia to experience the same stuff that is destroying the WEST. Saw this on YouTube. I guess it's legit. If legit, then America could be getting into trouble when it comes to allowing leftist ideologies to now dominate her in the eyes of world leader's.

They used violence to stop the certification of a duly elected president. It wasn't just a protest. A protest is a peaceful assembly, it is legal. A riot is violence conducted during a protest. Those actions are illegal. A riot that has at its purpose stopping the peaceful transition of power is an insurrection. It too is illegal and I would argue more heinous.

Being bad at it doesn't change what it was neither does it change that the fact that it happened is very serious.
True the actions of the rioters were illegal, but a handful of rioters doesn't justify an insurrection. And insurrection comes with planning, leadership, and a conspiracy to overthrow a government. It doesn't happen spur of the moment, but of course that is what the partisan committee is hoping to somehow illustrate or demonstrate. Good luck, because after what took place over the previous 4 year's that which the Democrat's shrugged it's shoulder's on, and even aided and abetted such rioters and rabble-rousers attempting to overthrow a government for 4 straight years, (i.e. occupying land, and burning, looting, killing, and destroying government property), therefore leaving the Democrat's without even a leg to stand on when all of a sudden, pffft, they are attempting to act as clean as the driven snow for political and cover up reasons. Go figure.

We already know everything that happened on Jan 6, so WTF is the purpose of this committee? I'll tell you what they're doing. They're making shit up about Republicans and covering up all Democrat involvement. In other words, they're doing what they do best, blowing money.

Kushner testified before the Jan 6 committee for 6 hours.

This per The Hill.

--------------------

LOL How funny this reads from the perspective of 10Aug21. The old orange turd is on his way to jail. And the people sending him there were all appointed by him. In fact, the vast majority of people whose testimony before the January 6 Committee show him to be guilty of coordinating the attempted coup of 6Jan21 were people from his administration. The head of the FBI and the judge the person requesting the warrant, and the judge that approved it were all people Trump appointed. The rest of this month is going to be fun.

LOL How funny this reads from the perspective of 10Aug21. The old orange turd is on his way to jail. And the people sending him there were all appointed by him. In fact, the vast majority of people whose testimony before the January 6 Committee show him to be guilty of coordinating the attempted coup of 6Jan21 were people from his administration. The head of the FBI and the judge the person requesting the warrant, and the judge that approved it were all people Trump appointed. The rest of this month is going to be fun.

I wonder why Trump would defy the law over the documents he took to Florida.

Forum List

Back