Donald Trump is EASILY the most influential and productive president in modern times.

1. I think you're overlooking the end of segregation, which was pretty monumental as far as paradigm shifts are concerned.

2. The influence this Court has on something like abortion is limited. Blue States will continue to protect a women's right to choose and even in Red States district attorneys in Blue cities have already vowed not prosecute abortions.

Yes, in ceding to the demands of extremism that opens the gates to fascist changes.

A politically corrupt and loaded high court.

Rights and freedoms rapidly vanishing (US now 58th. and falling)(abortion ban)

Vigilante justice against minorities.

An armed insurrection attempt that was narrowly prevented.

Another foreign war but with the ultimate in high risk for the world.

A deprived working class that will accept any corrupt politicians promises out of desperation.

Can we think of more? Do the facts as they are revealed by the Jan.6 heariings, scare the people into having second thoughts on what they've allowed their country to become? Or is it just too late.

• Banned
1. I think you're overlooking the end of segregation, which was pretty monumental as far as paradigm shifts are concerned.

2. The influence this Court has on something like abortion is limited. Blue States will continue to protect a women's right to choose and even in Red States district attorneys in Blue cities have already vowed not prosecute abortions.
1. MODERN times

2. Power returned to the states for the first time in how long?

1. MODERN times

2. Power returned to the states for the first time in how long?
1. My father wasn't born in ancient times. He's older than the end of segregation and he isn't in a retirement home or anything. He was on his roof power washing his house last weekend.

2. Since the Southern States seceded to protect Slavery? Wonderful company you're keeping there. 😄

Verbally active. Not so active legislatively. Very active on the EO scale.

Yes, in ceding to the demands of extremism that opens the gates to fascist changes.
A politically corrupt and loaded high court.
Rights and freedoms rapidly vanishing (US now 58th. and falling)(abortion ban)
Vigilante justice against minorities.
An armed insurrection attempt that was narrowly prevented.
Another foreign war but with the ultimate in high risk for the world.
A deprived working class that will accept any corrupt politicians promises out of desperation.
Wow. When did Canada become such a fantasy land?

The main reason I voted Trump in 2016 was SCOTUS... it's paid off in spades
And you will rue the day. That I can promise you. The SCOTUS is not the "Trump court". Now it is the court of the Federalist Society. Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Barrett, and maybe even Roberts. They are coming for you. Those judges have no allegiance to this country, most certainly not the Constitution. They have an allegiance to the Federalist Society, period.

Long protected rights are going to be shed. Abortion is just the beginning. We will move to a police state as Miranda rights are abolished, search and seizures will become the norm, assumed innocent will fall by the wayside and within a decade criminals will be assumed guilty and will have to "prove" their innocence.

Elections will become a farce. Gerrymandering will become the norm and whole swaths of the population will find their voices silenced. Voting rights will be eliminated, voting rolls will be purged, voter ID laws will become even more strict and in the end, you will have to pay to play.

Life expectancies will continue to decline. For the first time in American history the next generation will be poorer than the previous generation, except for the privileged few. One of the founding concepts of the Federalist society can be found in Proverbs. The wealth of the rich is their fortress, the poverty of the poor their calamity. The fortress will be enhanced, the calamity will become entrenched. Social mobility in this country will all but evaporate.

The American dream is dead. American exceptionalism is officially over. No worries about immigration within a decade, no fool would want to come to what will then be a third world country. The natural beauty that has always been America's calling card will be turned into a cesspool. Whole mountains will be clearcut, sewage will flow freely into our lakes and rivers, and the quality of our air will be worse than China.

When we contemplate the fall of empires & the extinction of the nations of the Ancient World, we see but little to excite our regret than the mouldering ruins of pompous palaces, magnificent museums, lofty pyramids and walls and towers of the most costly workmanship; but when the empire of America shall fall, the subject for contemplative sorrow will be infinitely greater than crumbling brass and marble can inspire. It will not then be said, here stood a temple of vast antiquity; here rose a babel of invisible height; or there a palace of sumptuous extravagance; but here, Ah, painful thought! the noblest work of human wisdom, the grandest scene of human glory, the fair cause of Freedom rose and fell.

Thomas Paine's letter to Washington rings true. You, and the unintelligent totally gullible, and useful idiots like you, bear the burden of destroying this Republic. You have been manipulated, conned, and lied to and for your own selfish reasons you have refused to realize it. But mark my words, one day, in the very near future, you will finally understand. And like I said in the beginning, you will rue the day.

And you will rue the day. That I can promise you. The SCOTUS is not the "Trump court". Now it is the court of the Federalist Society. Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Barrett, and maybe even Roberts. They are coming for you. Those judges have no allegiance to this country, most certainly not the Constitution. They have an allegiance to the Federalist Society, period.
You're projecting.
You assume a 6-3 conservative court will run roughshod over (x) because you expect a 6-3 liberal court to do the same thing.
The only difference here is you agree with the 6-3 liberal court.

You're projecting.
You assume a 6-3 conservative court will run roughshod over (x) because you expect a 6-3 liberal court to do the same thing.
The only difference here is you agree with the 6-3 liberal court.
No, I believe the founders created a living document in the Constitution. I in no way believe that those founders, in the stifling heat that was the summer of 1787, wearing wigs and long sleeves and sweating like a whore in church, were so self-absorbed that they thought they were creating an immutable document to mandate how society evolved over hundreds of years.

I am educated enough, especially when it comes to American history, to realize that this whole "originalism" movement within the Supreme Court is sheer horseshit. The historical revisionism within many of the court's recent rulings a clear demonstration that "originalism" is merely a cover for extreme judicial activism. These federalist society judges don't respect the rule of law, they don't seek to evaluate legal concepts. They have an agenda and they mold their decisions to fit that agenda, period.

No, I believe the founders created a living document in the Constitution...
And thus, you argue that the Constitution can be interpreted however some court feels like interpreting it.
So, why do you take issue with the current court?
I mean, other than you just don't like the decisions.

And thus, you argue that the Constitution can be interpreted however some court feels like interpreting it.
So, why do you take issue with the current court?
I mean, other than you just don't like the decisions.
My issue is that the current court cloaks their judicial activism under the guise of "originalism". But like Heller, this overturning of Roe v. Wade utilizes an extraordinary denial of stare decisis combined with real historical revisionism to claim that the right to an abortion was never a part of American society. To do that they have to totally ignore Colonial America or even the Constitutional Convention of 1787. Instead, they skip to the middle of the 19th century as if that was when the Constitution was written.

And that is just it. The leftist court never denied that they were ignoring stare decisis because America was evolving. Does anyone believe that blacks should be considered 3/5th's of a person. Real originalists technically should. And hell, who is to say the current Federalist SCOTUS might just hand down that ruling. Yep, black votes only count as 3/5th.

If you can't see that we, as a nation, are going backward, then I don't know what to tell you. MAGA was just a weak sublimination of turning back the clock to white supremacy. I mean I have said it before, the one job of a president is to bring this country together, Trump did the exact opposite. He carved this country up, utilizing poll numbers to find where he had an advantage. He accurately figured that the stupid outnumbered the knowledgeable, and acted accordingly. And all to attain power.

Long protected rights are going to be shed. Abortion is just the beginning. We will move to a police state as Miranda rights are abolished, search and seizures will become the norm, assumed innocent will fall by the wayside and within a decade criminals will be assumed guilty and will have to "prove" their innocence.

Elections will become a farce. Gerrymandering will become the norm and whole swaths of the population will find their voices silenced. Voting rights will be eliminated, voting rolls will be purged, voter ID laws will become even more strict and in the end, you will have to pay to play.

Life expectancies will continue to decline. For the first time in American history the next generation will be poorer than the previous generation, except for the privileged few. One of the founding concepts of the Federalist society can be found in Proverbs. The wealth of the rich is their fortress, the poverty of the poor their calamity. The fortress will be enhanced, the calamity will become entrenched. Social mobility in this country will all but evaporate.

The American dream is dead. American exceptionalism is officially over. No worries about immigration within a decade, no fool would want to come to what will then be a third world country. The natural beauty that has always been America's calling card will be turned into a cesspool. Whole mountains will be clearcut, sewage will flow freely into our lakes and rivers, and the quality of our air will be worse than China.

When we contemplate the fall of empires & the extinction of the nations of the Ancient World, we see but little to excite our regret than the mouldering ruins of pompous palaces, magnificent museums, lofty pyramids and walls and towers of the most costly workmanship; but when the empire of America shall fall, the subject for contemplative sorrow will be infinitely greater than crumbling brass and marble can inspire. It will not then be said, here stood a temple of vast antiquity; here rose a babel of invisible height; or there a palace of sumptuous extravagance; but here, Ah, painful thought! the noblest work of human wisdom, the grandest scene of human glory, the fair cause of Freedom rose and fell.

Thomas Paine's letter to Washington rings true. You, and the unintelligent totally gullible, and useful idiots like you, bear the burden of destroying this Republic. You have been manipulated, conned, and lied to and for your own selfish reasons you have refused to realize it. But mark my words, one day, in the very near future, you will finally understand. And like I said in the beginning, you will rue the day.

I'll not rue the day because some jackass leftist says I will

My issue is that the current court cloaks their judicial activism under the guise of "originalism". But like Heller, this overturning of Roe v. Wade utilizes an extraordinary denial of stare decisis combined with real historical revisionism to claim that the right to an abortion was never a part of American society. To do that they have to totally ignore Colonial America or even the Constitutional Convention of 1787. Instead, they skip to the middle of the 19th century as if that was when the Constitution was written.

And that is just it. The leftist court never denied that they were ignoring stare decisis because America was evolving. Does anyone believe that blacks should be considered 3/5th's of a person. Real originalists technically should. And hell, who is to say the current Federalist SCOTUS might just hand down that ruling. Yep, black votes only count as 3/5th.

If you can't see that we, as a nation, are going backward, then I don't know what to tell you. MAGA was just a weak sublimination of turning back the clock to white supremacy. I mean I have said it before, the one job of a president is to bring this country together, Trump did the exact opposite. He carved this country up, utilizing poll numbers to find where he had an advantage. He accurately figured that the stupid outnumbered the knowledgeable, and acted accordingly. And all to attain power.
85% say the country is moving in the wrong direction. That is the direction you are trying to defend.

Forum List

Back