Dolly Parton on the Black Lies Matter movement

She'll change her mind if Soros et al pay's their fare, puts em up in a hotel and furnishes per diem to burn Dollywood down.
Dolly's a very smart women. I think she knows exactly what she is doing.

I think that statement was intended precisely to avoid that. . . .

It might have very little to do with what she actually believes.

Most folks forget, what we read, see and hear in the media has very little to do with what is the reality of the situation. And if it is? It might have dire consequences for the public figure. I wouldn't expect any musician or entertainer of any consequence to criticize the movement.

Any public entertainer that dare to come out and honestly say what they really believe in a highly charged political atmosphere, might end up like Micheal Jackson, John Lennon, Jimmi Hendrix, Jannis Joplin, Bob Marley, etc. etc. The list, really is endless.

. . . and the corporate press will give the public an official narrative about their demise and their life. These folks have tremendous power to shape the public's opinion on culture and issues. It's all in Bernays' book, "Propaganda." Once these musicians and entertainers reach a certain level, if they want to stay there, they need to stay in line.

IOW, if she wants to maintain her position, it is wise to just get on board with the paradigm that all the foundations are putting all their money behind.

Systematic racism is a myth? I guess you never heard of slavery or segregation.
I do know about those unfortunate events

obviously the lib public teachers stopped teaching history to you after 1965 when systemic racism ended

and even then maybe they forget to tell you that slavery only existed in less than half the states

as well as jim crowe not being the law in every state

What exactly is systemic racism?
For liberals its a cry of embarrassment that their favorite pet minority is still not measuring up to the performance of other ethnic groups

and rather than blame black people for that they want to point somewhere else

I reckon it's a judgement call as to whether the majority are racist, but then, the US elected a black president twice,
It might well be considered racist to call a half white person 'black'.

The country icon, 74, recently did an interview with Billboard and revealed that she fully supports the cause and those who protest. She said, "I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen. And of course Black lives matter."

I have 2 reactions

1. compared to the hysterical vomit being spread by Hollywood this is EXTREMELY mild

Thank you Dolly. You being you is why I have always been a big fan

2. But you are mistaken.

Systemic racism is a myth
Systemic racism is no myth.
It exists in every predominantly black jurisdiction.
Fact.

and even then maybe they forget to tell you that slavery only existed in less than half the states

as well as jim crowe not being the law in every state
Though both were enabled by every state.

Dolly has investments like Dollywood.
She should stay out of social issues and :anj_stfu:.
I don't think she even finished Jr. High.
Anyways', her 44's must be 38's by now. At least.

It seems you are the one who should :shutupsmiley:

Forum List

Back