DOJ Says Federal Law Doesn’t Bar Businesses, Agencies From Mandating Covid Vaccines

The VA is now requiring all employees to be vaccinated.

I hope more businesses and agencies start doing this.

BenitoSmile.jpg

In a way it is good. Good because it will cause more people to choose vaccine, but it is a further encroachment, to greenlight businesses and organizations forcing it, so it is wrong. Just as it was an encroachment and wrong for them to greenlight businesses and organization to force random drug testing when they could not randomly do it.

What happened to "my body my choice"?

What happened to private business can do what they want within our laws?

You don't believe in my body my choice.

I do.

A person can choose to not work at the VA or any other business that requires vaccines.

In a way it is good. Good because it will cause more people to choose vaccine, but it is a further encroachment, to greenlight businesses and organizations forcing it, so it is wrong. Just as it was an encroachment and wrong for them to greenlight businesses and organization to force random drug testing when they could not randomly do it.

The Texas courts ruled that a business can require employees to vaccinate.

The DOJ is only reaffirming the Texas court ruling.

Talking of presidents, Joe Biden is on record telling Americans “you can’t get covid if you have a vaccine.’ (but still wear a mask, Joe?) As the infections among fully vaccinated people keep piling up. We call that a lie. Biden also said the Delta variant is both more transmissible AND more deadly. That, too, is a lie. Is it any wonder that people are vaccine hesitant when their president lies about it to them?

Let’s go to case exhibit one: India. Where officially 3% of people have been vaccinated, but the Delta variant has been conquered.

Teddy Roosevelt gave a speech in 1902, “The Control of Corporations,” which warned of the danger of corporate power over citizens’ lives. Calling corporations “creatures of the state,” he said they must be controlled by “the representatives of the public.” Roosevelt was a Republican, but his distrust of corporations (and his later faith in big government) would become a touchstone of Democratic politics for generations, from the Great Depression to the Great Society. The Shadow State: Embracing Corporations As Surrogates For Government Action

The Texas courts ruled that a business can require employees to vaccinate.

The DOJ is only reaffirming the Texas court ruling.
Same thing. It is a government ruling. That is the part I do not like.
I got vaccinated within days of it becoming available for 66-year-olds where I live, months ago, back in March to be specific. Most people my age are vaccinated. I believe in taking precautions when I can and certainly not vaccine averse, but that is me. To me, that is sensible. I wish everybody used good sense. If they don't, I really don't care much, no matter their outcomes. If it works out for them and theirs, good. If not, I will take the precautions of mask and gloves when I look around at their estate sales.

The D.O.J. is promoting and compelling people over their heads to be "vaccinated" against their will with unproven pound cures and proverbial ounces of prevention.

After they stopped prosecuting prostitution in New York as a crime, making Lower Manhattan an official vice district like Las Vegas and Reno in Nevada.

Because of the dark skin, Blacks have compromised immune systems and therefore more likely to carry contagious diseases like AIDS and the Fauci Flu. "Businesses" and "agencies" clearly have the right to discriminate against them unless they get their skin lightened so they can receive health benefits of direct sunlight. To be consistent with the "DOJ," Blacks can provide a test confirming they have D3 levels in a normal range if they insist on entry into a building, etc. :dunno:

I got vaccinated within days of it becoming available for 66-year-olds where I live, months ago, back in March to be specific. Most people my age are vaccinated. I believe in taking precautions when I can and certainly not vaccine averse, but that is me. To me, that is sensible. I wish everybody used good sense. If they don't, I really don't care much, no matter their outcomes. If it works out for them and theirs, good. If not, I will take the precautions of mask and gloves when I look around at their estate sales.

If private business wants to keep their employees and customers safe they have that right.

The court didn't say business has to do anything. It's up to the business. All the court said was that business is free to do that.

So it's not the government forcing anyone to do anything.

A business has the right to keep their employees and customers safe. If the employees don't feel safe at work they will quit and we all know what a hard time business is having to get people to work for them these days. Not allowing them to keep their employees safe makes it even more harder for businesses to hire and keep employees.

You don't have to like it. That is your choice. It's also the choice of the business to make sure they still have employees and their employees don't become sick and die from a very preventable disease.

Are you saying that business owners don't have the right to protect their own business?

If private business wants to keep their employees and customers safe they have that right.

The court didn't say business has to do anything. It's up to the business. All the court said was that business is free to do that.

So it's not the government forcing anyone to do anything.

A business has the right to keep their employees and customers safe. If the employees don't feel safe at work they will quit and we all know what a hard time business is having to get people to work for them these days. Not allowing them to keep their employees safe makes it even more harder for businesses to hire and keep employees.

You don't have to like it. That is your choice. It's also the choice of the business to make sure they still have employees and their employees don't become sick and die from a very preventable disease.

Are you saying that business owners don't have the right to protect their own business?
I totally understand, and agree. Like gun regulation, employee drug testing or other issues, I am conflicted in a larger sense than, seeing immediate necessity, but still seeing something not right in government approval of government sign-off of something they cannot do themselves for political or constitutional reason.
On balance, I approve, but understand. I am no Covid vaccine warrior, and have taken personal precautions myself and influenced all family members to accede to best practice of modern scientific and medical science recommendations. It is enough for me to take personal responsibility and precautions for myself and those close to me. I literally do not care, the decisions (irrational as they may be) of others, whether they take it, reject it or get sick and even die of it. I do not think the US will get a handle on it for at least 4 or 5 years. I see it becoming another annual shot, like the flue shot I take to protect from adaptive changes of the virus itself and that does not bother me, in this new paradigm, the population and Covid, no matter it's origin or misguided political considerations.

My take is, I just got the vaccine but I am not going to go around and prove it to anyone. They can take my word for it or they don't deal with me. This virus has taught me a good lesson. I don't need to go to movies, sporting events, dinner or anywhere else, I'm content staying home and pursuing my hobbies and not interacting with people.

So if my company would require proof of vaccine, even though I have had the shots, I'd retire and screw working. I value privacy over intrusion.

Forum List

Back