dog fight...........

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i was not with them..hubby was....his dog..semba (weighting in at 50 lbs plus mixed aussie) had the top of a pineapple playing with it...when my dog....ernest t. (weighing at 20 lbs a jrt/satan mix decides he wants the pineapple top...and goes after it....biting semba on the nose...now semba is a gentle soul but that was it...at first no one appeared too bad for the noise and fury then we saw the drops of blood on the floor.....ernest t has a deep wound on his chest...(not that deep but lots of blood) hubby is blaming ernest t for the whole thing....

now last night ernest t acted like he was dying...whined if you touched him.....we havent had a small dog in decades...dobermans are stoic as hell...seems jrt/satan mixes are not
no jumping..stiff walk....pity me whining.....i was worried as hell last night...let him sleep in the living room where its warm.....(no he does not sleep outside...just the bedroom is colder than the living room) so this morning....he is hopping around and all but still being a wimp...is this normal?

WillowTree

My guess is that Ernest is sore from the fight. Looks like you may have a drama queen on your hands. LOL

o that he is..this morning when they were going out....semba bumped him.....and he yelped like he was dying....i am just glad he is okay....i worried that he lost too much blood....making hubby laugh his ass off pointing out there must have been a whole tablespoon of it...he is just so small....biting semba on the nose was just not a good idea...and i dont want ernest t thinking if he whines and limps he gets extra attention...

o that he is..this morning when they were going out....semba bumped him.....and he yelped like he was dying....i am just glad he is okay....i worried that he lost too much blood....making hubby laugh his ass off pointing out there must have been a whole tablespoon of it...he is just so small....biting semba on the nose was just not a good idea...and i dont want ernest t thinking if he whines and limps he gets extra attention...
I hear ya. Dogs can make you crazy. Glad the little guy is OK. It's difficult to ignore when they act so tragic. You feel like a meanie. Good luck!

Hopefully the doggie pecking order has now been established and this willl not happen again... but you never know.

normally semba ignores his rudeness i think the nose biting was just too much semba is not much of an alpha male....and ernest t wants to be

if he was not on the upswing i would vet him today but he is jumping...eating and drinking water...the wound is a little swollen...its hard to tell since when i tried to touch it...he snapped at me.....o damn..having dobermans i normally put that behavior down fast...i just felt sorry for ernest t...

i was not with them..hubby was....his dog..semba (weighting in at 50 lbs plus mixed aussie) had the top of a pineapple playing with it...when my dog....ernest t. (weighing at 20 lbs a jrt/satan mix decides he wants the pineapple top...and goes after it....biting semba on the nose...now semba is a gentle soul but that was it...at first no one appeared too bad for the noise and fury then we saw the drops of blood on the floor.....ernest t has a deep wound on his chest...(not that deep but lots of blood) hubby is blaming ernest t for the whole thing....

now last night ernest t acted like he was dying...whined if you touched him.....we havent had a small dog in decades...dobermans are stoic as hell...seems jrt/satan mixes are not
no jumping..stiff walk....pity me whining.....i was worried as hell last night...let him sleep in the living room where its warm.....(no he does not sleep outside...just the bedroom is colder than the living room) so this morning....he is hopping around and all but still being a wimp...is this normal?

WillowTree
Yep! Your J r t started it. They are small but fierce single minded hunters. He will get over it in a day or two. Stumpy is smart as shit, they will play you like a fiddle. But they just love you to the moon and back. Do these two get along at feeding time? Or as you said was the nose bite the last straw?

i control feeding time....they have no choice feed in separate areas of the house.....not allowed to check out each others bowls....most of the time they are good to go..sharing a bed....just sometimes ernest t. gets froggy and finds out semba really wont put up with it...and funny enough we do love the little creature and i am so glad we got him instead of the brussels griffon puppy

Forum List

Back