Does This Offend You?

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Saw this on the news. Offensive? Not offensive?

A food slogan too risky to stomach? Some people at West Hills College Lemoore have beef with the way one student is advertising his taco business.

"I'm almost speechless. I'm just flabbergasted and most of my classmates are very upset about it," Bob Henshaw said.

Bob Henshaw and his culinary team craved a successful business. So, they got their creative juices flowing and whipped up an ad with a bold flavor.

The only problem: their slogan was too spicy. The slogan reads, "You have to be macho to eat my taco."
Full story here:

Spicy Taco Ad Rejected in Campus Cafeteria - KMPH FOX 26 | Central San Joaquin Valley News Source

yidnar

Gold Member
Reaction score

A food slogan too risky to stomach? Some people at West Hills College Lemoore have beef with the way one student is advertising his taco business.

"I'm almost speechless. I'm just flabbergasted and most of my classmates are very upset about it," Bob Henshaw said.

Bob Henshaw and his culinary team craved a successful business. So, they got their creative juices flowing and whipped up an ad with a bold flavor.

The only problem: their slogan was too spicy. The slogan reads, "You have to be macho to eat my taco."
Full story here:

Spicy Taco Ad Rejected in Campus Cafeteria - KMPH FOX 26 | Central San Joaquin Valley News Source
It's a damn good catch phrase !! and I don't even have to guess that it's somehow offended some left wing assholes !!:doubt:

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Full story here:

It's California and it's a California school that I assume teaches open mindedness and acceptance. Other than to say way too many people need to unpucker, what more needs to be said......... :cool:

Last edited:

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short. Clever. Humorous for those who have a sense of humor. Easily remembered and memorable enough that it WILL be remembered. Like all great slogans it will no doubt be incorporated into many other contexts which all good slogans are. Not the least bit offensive to me.

But it WILL be offensive to militant feminists and some in the politically correct left. Who knows, maybe even the feminist right, but I doubt it since I put myself in that group.

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score
I wouldn't have known it was sexual if you/someone hadn't pointed it out to me.

Sherry

You're not the boss of me
Reaction score
In keeping with the school's "mutual respect" policy stated in the catalog, he's asking Henshaw to change the phrase to, "eat a taco."

He says he'll even reimburse him for his costs.

Henshaw says he'll have to digest it.

"I've been irreparably harmed by this because now that the administration pointed out what they deem this to mean, I'll never be able to prepare or enjoy a taco again, because I'll always have that perverse image in my mind," Henshaw said.
Oh please, after reading the bolded part, I have no sympathy for that pussy.:lol:

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Reaction score
In keeping with the school's "mutual respect" policy stated in the catalog, he's asking Henshaw to change the phrase to, "eat a taco."

"I've been irreparably harmed by this because now that the administration pointed out what they deem this to mean, I'll never be able to prepare or enjoy a taco again, because I'll always have that perverse image in my mind," Henshaw said.
Oh please, after reading the bolded part, I have no sympathy for that pussy.:lol:
Again, California.......... :dunno:

Tacos...... I'm feeling horn.... uummm, hungry.

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Full story here:

Nope.. it takes a lot more than that to offend me...:eusa_hand:

I would have gone with..

Our Taco's say...Eat Me..

Sherry

You're not the boss of me
Reaction score

Again, California.......... :dunno:

Tacos...... I'm feeling horn.... uummm, hungry.
Soft or hard??:D

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score
NO, but it takes a lot to offend me.

But I can fake faux outrage if need be.

OP
Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Short. Clever. Humorous for those who have a sense of humor. Easily remembered and memorable enough that it WILL be remembered. Like all great slogans it will no doubt be incorporated into many other contexts which all good slogans are. Not the least bit offensive to me.

But it WILL be offensive to militant feminists and some in the politically correct left. Who knows, maybe even the feminist right, but I doubt it since I put myself in that group.

That's exactly what I thought. It was quite clever and not until I saw the video did I even get what some found offensive. I thought it was the 'macho' part; certainly not the 'eat my taco' part. The whole thing was a great tag line especially considering the size of the taco. What the hell is wrong with people anyway? As for those who were offended . . . they're daft that they read something sexual into it, imo. And even that they did, they were 'offended' enough to make a big stink about it and have it changed? Srsly??? :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

:lol: I wanted to smack the guy upside his head when I heard him say that. Puleezeeee!

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List