Does This Offend You?

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Saw this on the news. Offensive? Not offensive?

A food slogan too risky to stomach? Some people at West Hills College Lemoore have beef with the way one student is advertising his taco business.

"I'm almost speechless. I'm just flabbergasted and most of my classmates are very upset about it," Bob Henshaw said.

Bob Henshaw and his culinary team craved a successful business. So, they got their creative juices flowing and whipped up an ad with a bold flavor.

The only problem: their slogan was too spicy. The slogan reads, "You have to be macho to eat my taco."

Full story here:

Spicy Taco Ad Rejected in Campus Cafeteria - KMPH FOX 26 | Central San Joaquin Valley News Source

A food slogan too risky to stomach? Some people at West Hills College Lemoore have beef with the way one student is advertising his taco business.

"I'm almost speechless. I'm just flabbergasted and most of my classmates are very upset about it," Bob Henshaw said.

Bob Henshaw and his culinary team craved a successful business. So, they got their creative juices flowing and whipped up an ad with a bold flavor.

The only problem: their slogan was too spicy. The slogan reads, "You have to be macho to eat my taco."

Full story here:

Spicy Taco Ad Rejected in Campus Cafeteria - KMPH FOX 26 | Central San Joaquin Valley News Source
It's a damn good catch phrase !! and I don't even have to guess that it's somehow offended some left wing assholes !!:doubt:

Full story here:

It's California and it's a California school that I assume teaches open mindedness and acceptance. Other than to say way too many people need to unpucker, what more needs to be said......... :cool:

Last edited:
Short. Clever. Humorous for those who have a sense of humor. Easily remembered and memorable enough that it WILL be remembered. Like all great slogans it will no doubt be incorporated into many other contexts which all good slogans are. Not the least bit offensive to me.

But it WILL be offensive to militant feminists and some in the politically correct left. Who knows, maybe even the feminist right, but I doubt it since I put myself in that group.

In keeping with the school's "mutual respect" policy stated in the catalog, he's asking Henshaw to change the phrase to, "eat a taco."

He says he'll even reimburse him for his costs.

Henshaw says he'll have to digest it.

"I've been irreparably harmed by this because now that the administration pointed out what they deem this to mean, I'll never be able to prepare or enjoy a taco again, because I'll always have that perverse image in my mind," Henshaw said.

Oh please, after reading the bolded part, I have no sympathy for that pussy.:lol:

In keeping with the school's "mutual respect" policy stated in the catalog, he's asking Henshaw to change the phrase to, "eat a taco."

"I've been irreparably harmed by this because now that the administration pointed out what they deem this to mean, I'll never be able to prepare or enjoy a taco again, because I'll always have that perverse image in my mind," Henshaw said.

Oh please, after reading the bolded part, I have no sympathy for that pussy.:lol:
Again, California.......... :dunno:

Tacos...... I'm feeling horn.... uummm, hungry.

Full story here:

Nope.. it takes a lot more than that to offend me...:eusa_hand:

I would have gone with..

Our Taco's say...Eat Me..

Again, California.......... :dunno:

Tacos...... I'm feeling horn.... uummm, hungry.

Soft or hard??:D

Short. Clever. Humorous for those who have a sense of humor. Easily remembered and memorable enough that it WILL be remembered. Like all great slogans it will no doubt be incorporated into many other contexts which all good slogans are. Not the least bit offensive to me.

But it WILL be offensive to militant feminists and some in the politically correct left. Who knows, maybe even the feminist right, but I doubt it since I put myself in that group.

That's exactly what I thought. It was quite clever and not until I saw the video did I even get what some found offensive. I thought it was the 'macho' part; certainly not the 'eat my taco' part. The whole thing was a great tag line especially considering the size of the taco. What the hell is wrong with people anyway? As for those who were offended . . . they're daft that they read something sexual into it, imo. And even that they did, they were 'offended' enough to make a big stink about it and have it changed? Srsly??? :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

:lol: I wanted to smack the guy upside his head when I heard him say that. Puleezeeee!

Forum List

Back