Does the US need a national voter ID to prevent Russian meddling in the upcoming elections?

National voter ID to prevent Russian meddling in US elections?

• Total voters
No unauthorized Russians voted in our electkons.

"On May 23, 2017, Brennan stated to the House Intelligence Committee that Russia "brazenly interfered" in the 2016 U.S. elections. He said he first picked up on Russia's active meddling "last summer",[187] and that he had on August 4, 2016, warned his counterpart at Russia's FSB intelligence agency, Alexander Bortnikov, against further interference.[188]

The first public U.S. government assertion of Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election came in a joint statement on September 22, 2016, by Senator Dianne Feinstein and Representative Adam Schiff, the top Democrats on the Senate and House Intelligence Committees, respectively.[189][190]"

On December 15, 2016, Hillary Clinton said she partially attributed her loss in the 2016 election to Russian meddling organized by Putin.[498] Clinton said Putin had a personal grudge against her, and linked his feelings to her criticism of the 2011 Russian legislative election, adding that he felt she was responsible for fomenting the 2011–13 Russian protests"

Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections - Wikipedia

Fuck no.
That is the last thing we need is a national I.D.

Give the STATE and inch, they take a mile. And eventually? It won't even be the STATE. The global AI will take over everybody.

We already went through this fight with the REAL ID act, and these new world order asshats wanted to Trojan horse this bullshit in with Vaccine Passports, and now you want them to scare you into it with voting?

How about this?

Get rid of all the damn computerized voting machines, and use your driver's licenses with a picture, and local folks verifying who you are. . . then? Neither foreign actors, nor a computer hacker, nor agents in either party, can compromise the election.

NOR, can the build a digital profile of you to steal your entire identity and every single last bit of data, money, insurance, car title, land title, and piece of property that you own. . .

Damn foolishness is what it is. Keep folks lives off of the net.

I heard that Russia interfered with the 2016 election. It might be a good idea to have a national voter ID before the next elections.

What do you think?
It would be great if people didn’t spread Russian propaganda. After all…

Fuck no.
That is the last thing we need is a national I.D.

Give the STATE and inch, they take a mile. And eventually? It won't even be the STATE. The global AI will take over everybody.

We already went through this fight with the REAL ID act, and these new world order asshats wanted to Trojan horse this bullshit in with Vaccine Passports, and now you want them to scare you into it with voting?

How about this?

Get rid of all the damn computerized voting machines, and use your driver's licenses with a picture, and local folks verifying who you are. . . then? Neither foreign actors, nor a computer hacker, nor agents in either party, can compromise the election.

NOR, can the build a digital profile of you to steal your entire identity and every single last bit of data, money, insurance, car title, land title, and piece of property that you own. . .

Damn foolishness is what it is. Keep folks lives off of the net.

Let me clarify: I didn't mean a federal ID card, I mean a national "show a valid form of ID before you vote." law.

"On May 23, 2017, Brennan stated to the House Intelligence Committee that Russia "brazenly interfered" in the 2016 U.S. elections. He said he first picked up on Russia's active meddling "last summer",[187] and that he had on August 4, 2016, warned his counterpart at Russia's FSB intelligence agency, Alexander Bortnikov, against further interference.[188]

The first public U.S. government assertion of Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election came in a joint statement on September 22, 2016, by Senator Dianne Feinstein and Representative Adam Schiff, the top Democrats on the Senate and House Intelligence Committees, respectively.[189][190]"

On December 15, 2016, Hillary Clinton said she partially attributed her loss in the 2016 election to Russian meddling organized by Putin.[498] Clinton said Putin had a personal grudge against her, and linked his feelings to her criticism of the 2011 Russian legislative election, adding that he felt she was responsible for fomenting the 2011–13 Russian protests"

Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections - Wikipedia
Explain how a national ID would stop this. That is the topic if you remember.

I heard that Russia interfered with the 2016 election. It might be a good idea to have a national voter ID before the next elections.

What do you think?
I think 🤔 you’re a ASSHOLE. Thread please that proves Russia interfered with the elections. Forgot….You don’t know how to read. That lie has been disproven. 👍

I think 🤔 you’re a ASSHOLE. Thread please that proves Russia interfered with the elections. Forgot….You don’t know how to read. That lie has been disproven. 👍

So you don't think a voter should have to show some ID before voting?

I think the premise of the thread went right over your head. I didn't claim that Russia meddled in the election, I was only repeating what so many Democrats have said. Now if those Democrats actually believe that, how could they oppose Voter ID without losing their credibility?

If you look at the poll results, I don't think a single Democrat dared to touch this poll. Now what would that say to you? Obviously they don't really believe there was any "Russian interference" in the 2016 election. Trump won fair and square. See how that works?

:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:

What do you think?
The Russians interfered by hacking the DNC and by creating massive fake entities on social media which you tards parroted faithfully. They used internal polling data provided to them by the Trump campaign to tailor their messages to the Trump tard herd.

Please explain how Voter ID would combat this.

This should be fun.

We need a national voter ID (standardized for all 50 states). Russia has nothing to do with this.
And now a message from the Department of Fatherland Security:

Secure driver's licenses and identification documents are a vital component of a holistic national security strategy. Law enforcement must be able to rely on government-issued identification documents and know that the bearer of such a document is who he or she claims to be.

Papers! Papers, please, comrade! Vee need to tr-r-r-r-ack your moof-ments!

papers.jpg

What do you think?
We need to check the voter ID against Social Security number and obituaries to make sure Pooty doesn't have dead people voting for his Orange Man.

Separately, on August 2, 2016, Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort met in New York City with his long-time business associate Konstantin Kilimnik, who the FBI assesses to have ties to Russian intelligence. Kilimnik requested the meeting to deliver in person a peace plan for Ukraine that Manafort acknowledged to the Special Counsel’s Office was a “backdoor” way for Russia to control part of eastern Ukraine; both men believed the plan would require candidate Trump’s assent to succeed (were he to be elected President). They also discussed the status of the Trump Campaign and Manafort’s strategy for winning Democratic votes in Midwestern states. Months before that meeting, Manafort had caused internal polling data to be shared with Kilimnik, and the sharing continued for some period of time after their August meeting.

[snip]

RUSSIAN SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
The Internet Research Agency (IRA) carried out the earliest Russian interference operations identified by the investigation—a social media campaign designed to provoke and amplify political and social discord in the United States. The IRA was based in St. Petersburg, Russia, and received funding from Russian oligarch Yevgeniy Prigozhin and companies he controlled. Prigozhin is widely reported to have ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin

[snip]

The IRA later used social media accounts and interest groups to sow discord in the U.S. political system through what it termed “information warfare.” The campaign evolved from a generalized program designed in 2014 and 2015 to undermine the U.S. electoral system, to a targeted operation that by early 2016 favored candidate Trump and disparaged candidate Clinton. The IRA’s operation also included the purchase of political advertisements on social media in the names of U.S. persons and entities, as well as the staging of political rallies inside the United States. To organize those rallies, IRA employees posed as U.S. grassroots entities and persons and made contact with Trump supporters and Trump Campaign officials in the United States. The investigation did not identify evidence that any U.S. persons conspired or coordinated with the IRA. Section II of this report details the Office’s investigation of the Russian social media campaign.

So please, JGalt , explain how Voter ID would do fuck-all to combat Russian interference. You claim to be a journalist, but you are clearly an idiot with delusions of grandeur.

Forum List

Back