Does "materia" exist?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
Modern scientists have taken on the fashion of claiming that they are materialists. But they have no clear definition of the word. If a word is not defined then it is meaningless.

In the old days, material was called what is perceived by the senses, and the ideal is what is perceived by the mind. Materialists argued that what is perceived by the mind does not exist in reality(this is just names). From the point of view of natural sciences, this is nonsense, because physical forces and chemical reactions are not material from this position.
But there is no other intelligible definition of matter.

Modern scientists have taken on the fashion of claiming that they are materialists. But they have no clear definition of the word. If a word is not defined then it is meaningless.

In the old days, material was called what is perceived by the senses, and the ideal is what is perceived by the mind. Materialists argued that what is perceived by the mind does not exist in reality(this is just names). From the point of view of natural sciences, this is nonsense, because physical forces and chemical reactions are not material from this position.
Wait.........wut?

Does this mean Madonna is a scientist?

• Banned
Does this mean Madonna is a scientist?

I don’t know, I can only say that she is very unideal. I would rather not sleep with her and not eat from the same dish.
And she also has disgusting vocals, it cuts my ear.

Wait, so all policemen are scientists?

But Madonna is a Left wing nut who hates the police.

So how can scientists hate themselves?

I don’t know, I can only say that she is very unideal. I would rather not sleep with her and not eat from the same dish.
And she also has disgusting vocals, it cuts my ear.
Fair enough

But there is no other intelligible definition of matter.
This is not correct. Not sure where you even got the idea.

I’m sure the feeling is mutual.
I gotta say, I would lick any petri dish in any lab anywhere in the world before I would touch typhoid Mary.

She must have at least a thousand different variants of all the STD's in the world that we know of.

You're all figments of my imagination
This is not what idealism was about. True idealism simply asserted that there is a world beyond the primary senses. That is, because part of nature cannot be comprehended without reasoning and thinking. What you say was just scam

Wait, so all policemen are scientists?

Very few, actually ...

police-scientist-extracts-dna-sample-from-a-tweezers-in-a-crime-lab-concept-image-2G4YPKH.jpg

Fair enough
In any case, nothing special in appearance and no vocal data. I don't understand why such women go to the stage. They draw attention to themselves only by epatage and shameless antics, it's worse than being just a housewife.

The problem is that people take hackneyed stereotypes for granted, and do not think about their meaning. Nobody can give a clear definition of "matter" in the sense in which it is used now. It's just something like "something that has to do with the serious sciences blabblah." But there is nothing scientific and strict in such a definition. This is used by scammers. They play only on emotions and stereotypes.

This is not what idealism was about. True idealism simply asserted that there is a world beyond the primary senses. That is, because part of nature cannot be comprehended without reasoning and thinking. What you say was just scam
You're kinda slow on the uptake, ain'tcha........

Forum List

Back