Does anybody on here have personal big plans that you'd like to share

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
Does anybody on here have any big personal plans for 2022. I plan to go to the western part of the state on another fossil hunting trip. Last time I went I found a partial tortoiseshell that one of my friends said was 12 million years old. Tortoises no longer exist in Nebraska, the climate is too cold now. Back then it was semi-tropical. We have an excellent site here in Nebraska of animals from that era, it's regarded as one of the best in the world. It's called Ashfall Fossil beds.https://ashfall.unl.edu it's only about 150 mi from here. Been there several times. Is your plan on going 300 miles west and explore a new area I've already got permission from a couple of the ranchers out there.

I have a big plan. The follow-through remains in doubt. Retirement (recent) and the drive required to do the new thing are competing. Retirement says, “take a longer nap.” So far, it’s winning. 👍
As I get older, I take fewer and smaller steps during the things that I want to do. Unfortunately, the desires seem to be getting stronger.

802dbdbf37ec4f87fb2e056a889cc7f9.jpg

After I see how bad I get raped in taxes from a windfall I received this year I'm going to have some renovation work done to the house.

I'm already buying some of the materials and storing them because I figure Tater's inflation won't make them any cheaper.

After I see how bad I get raped in taxes from a windfall I received this year I'm going to have some renovation work done to the house.

I'm already buying some of the materials and storing them because I figure Tater's inflation won't make them any cheaper.
Improving the castle, always a good investment.

Does anybody on here have any big personal plans for 2022. I plan to go to the western part of the state on another fossil hunting trip. Last time I went I found a partial tortoiseshell that one of my friends said was 12 million years old. Tortoises no longer exist in Nebraska, the climate is too cold now. Back then it was semi-tropical. We have an excellent site here in Nebraska of animals from that era, it's regarded as one of the best in the world. It's called Ashfall Fossil beds.https://ashfall.unl.edu it's only about 150 mi from here. Been there several times. Is your plan on going 300 miles west and explore a new area I've already got permission from a couple of the ranchers out there.
Let us know if you find Pelosi.

My wife was just saying the other day,
"Hey, we should go on a fossil hunting trip." And I go "Yeah. That'd be cool."

You totally read our minds.
I have tons of fossils. In one of the state parks south of me. Shrimp State Park, they carved on a wall in the bluffs where they allowed children to go fossil hunting. I always go down there in the spring and scatter horned corals, crinoids and sharks teeth all over the site. I do this when they're not looking. I always bring a picnic lunch there's some picnic tables below the cliff and I watch The Joy the children have when they find them.

Yes. I'm going to balance my checkbook.

Wish me luck.
I don't even try anymore. I put an extra $500 in there that I don't even account for. No matter what my balance is I'm never overdrawn.

Forum List

Back