Does any religion explain....

Does any religion explain the loss of memory when we enter this world ? Just wondering, if they covered the basic stuff too.

The valley under your nose, after nine months of learning in the womb,
that's where 'an angel puts the finger on your lips prior to birth'...

So you can meet the bigger new womb outside.

e555eeb6286aafdfc99ee8baa3e94876.jpg

Last edited:
Premortal Existence as taught in the Bible

In the gospel according to John we read:

John 9:1-3
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

In this verse it is apparent that the disciples of Jesus understood that man preexisted this life on earth when they asked the Lord Jesus if the man born blind from his birth sinned or his parents that he was born blind.
To this question, Jesus did not oppose the supposition that the man himself could have sinned prior to being born but simply answered, "Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: buth that the works of God should be made manifest in him."
So obviously the disciples believed that a person could sin before being born. Jesus seems to not have issue with this premise either. So, is the doctrine of premortal existence found in the Bible? The above verse tells us clearly that the
disciples of Jesus believed in it and Jesus never taught against it. We know from the following verses that Jesus preexisted his mortal life on earth:

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Peter 1:18-20
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

John 17:3=5
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

In the above three verses, we learn that the Word was with God from the beginning and made all things that were made. We learn that he was foreordained before the foundation of the world and that Jesus spoke of the glory he had with the Father
before the world was. But what about the rest of us? Is there evidience that we too preexisted this earth life? Consider the following:

Romans 8:28-30
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Here the Apostle Paul speaks of those whom God foreknew and did predestinate to be created in the image of his firstborn Son. The Son had many brethren. Many of these brethren He did predestinate and called them before they were born.
So according to this, Jesus was the firstborn of the Father. Being called the first born implies that there was probably a second born, third born and so on. We learn that Jesus was the firstborn among many brethren. Obviously this does not
refer to this earth life where Jesus is referred to as the Only Begotten. In the premortal existence Jesus was the firstborn among many brethren. We learn from the following verse that God is Father of all our spirits:

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Here God the Father is referred to as the Father of our spirits. Not of our flesh but of our spirits. We then learn from the following verse that we are the literal offspring of God:

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

You would expect the literal offspring of God to called gods, and that is exactly what were called in the following verses:

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

When Jesus was about to be stoned by the Jews for calling himself the Son of God, He referred to the above teaching in the Old Testament as follows:

John 10:33-36
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

We are often called the children of God in scripture. What many don't understand is that we are the literal offspring of God in the spirit. God is the father of spirits. Jesus is the firstborn among many brethren in the premortal world of spirits.
For this reason, Jesus said, "Ye are gods". we are the offspring of the Father and literally his children. We lived with him before the world was.

Job 38:3-7
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Here we see that all the sons of God existed when the Lord layed the cornerstone of this earth upon its creation. Jeremiah was told the following:

Jeremiah 1:4-5
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Here Jeremiah learns that God knew him before being born and he was called before being born to be a prophet unto the nations.

Many have been foreordained in the premortal existence in this fashion:

Ephesians 1:1-5
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

In Ecclesiastes we learn that the spirit of man will return unto God. How can a spirit return to where it has never been, assuming we never existed prior to this earth life?

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

The Apostle Paul again reminds us of our premortal existence in the following verse:

2 Timothy 1:7-10
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Again the Apostle Paul alludes to our premortal existence when speaking to Titus:

Titus 1:1-2
1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

One must ask to whom God made the promise of eternal life to before the world began. Reading the above 2 Timothy 1:9 I would suggest it was us who have come to this earth.

Finally I wish to look at Revelation 12 and the war that occurred in heaven. It states:

Revelation 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Here we read about a war in heaven where Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels and the dragon and his angels prevailed not and were cast out of heaven into the earth. On earth the war continues and those who were
among the angels of Michael overcame Satan and his angels by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony. And they loved not their lives unto the death. I ask, who needs the blood of the Lamb to overcome? Is it not we who are on
this earth who have sinned and come short of the glory of God? Is it not us who rely on our testimonies of the spirit and who are subject unto death? I tell you all that it was we who have come to this earth and received bodies who
fought in the great war in heaven. We preexisted this mortal life and fought valiantly in the war in heaven. We have now come down to the earth to receive a body which eventually will be resurrected and be immortal. Those who opposed us
in the war in heaven were cast down to this earth to test us through temptation but are cursed and will never receive a body of flesh and bones to be resurrected to immortality. It was us who lived and fought in the premortal world of
spirits in the preexistence and now have come to this earth to overcome the dragon by the blood of Lamb and by the word of our testimony and we suffer death. That is the meaning of the above verse.

Forum List

Back