Doctors Debate B-12 Supplementation for Vegans

I adore cheese.

I will never give up cheese....or eggs. YUM!

or fish or chicken not for the time being..... it is what its.....
I eat eggs a lot for protein. I couldn’t go vegan, at least not yet. And I do love cheese. I can and do eat a lot more vegetables and beans and such and am trying to reduce my overall meat consumption. It’s a work in progress complicated by the fact that I don’t tend to like soy fake meats too much. Could learn though. And Mr C is 100% meat and Fritos.

I adore cheese.

I will never give up cheese....or eggs. YUM!

or fish or chicken not for the time being..... it is what its.....

I don't want to get into an off-topic debate, but just wanted to let you know that by buying cheese you are paying for a baby cow to be forcibly and permanently taken away from his mother on Day One of his life.... which causes deep distress to both the baby and the mama cow. They cry out for each other for days, or even weeks.

I know you'll probably give this post a thumbs down, but it's true. Dairy is a cruel industry. Please read the following quote:

cow-calf-separation.jpg

I don't want to get into an off-topic debate, but just wanted to let you know that by buying cheese you are paying for a baby cow to be forcibly and permanently taken away from his mother on Day One of his life.... which causes deep distress to both the baby and the mama cow. They cry out for eachother for days, or even weeks.

I know you'll probably give this post a thumbs down, but it's true. Dairy is a cruel industry. Please read the following quote:

cow-calf-separation.jpg
I have the same stress waking up everyday and going to work.

I eat eggs a lot for protein. I couldn’t go vegan, at least not yet. And I do love cheese. I can and do eat a lot more vegetables and beans and such and am trying to reduce my overall meat consumption. It’s a work in progress complicated by the fact that I don’t tend to like soy fake meats too much. Could learn though. And Mr C is 100% meat and Fritos.
We've all been down that road -- same path

I don't want to get into an off-topic debate, but just wanted to let you know that by buying cheese you are paying for a baby cow to be forcibly and permanently taken away from his mother on Day One of his life.... which causes deep distress to both the baby and the mama cow. They cry out for each other for days, or even weeks.

cow-calf-separation.jpg
Available at Walmart (I get mine at my local supermarket

78e300cc-ade9-4956-8849-4a1425cea328.d8a76c3131437eacfdbc8546f5aed61f.jpeg

Cheese is part of my diet

Hopefully is "good" cheese. I love cheese I won't stop eating cheese.

I have the same stress waking up everyday and going to work.

Nah... I think it's safe to say that from the perspective of the mother or the baby, having the baby you carried for 9 months stolen right before your eyes, is a little worse than having to go to the office. ;)

Last edited:
I'm sure that animals speak to people.

Yes, just not in our language. They do through their cries and screams.

But like I said, I don't want to take this thread in a different direction (sorry, Death Angel) so.... i'll leave it at that.

It’s a work in progress complicated by the fact that I don’t tend to like soy fake meats too much. Could learn though. And Mr C is 100% meat and Fritos.

For about a decade I went vegetarian, (not vegan.)

What I found worked best, is to not attempt to replicate your old diet. I would not even try to attempt to eat highly processed food like faux cheeses and meats.

I bought a vegetarian/vegan cook book, that had entirely original recipes, that used the strengths of those foods, and did not rely on trying to recreate meals you grew up with as an omnivore.

I still have many meals that I eat, like veggie tacos, (yes, with real cheese,) Tabbouleh Salad sandwiches in a pita, and veggie stir frys. I don't want to use manufactured processed food in my cooking.

Things like these;

My breakfasts are entirely vegan, and lunches are all vegetarian now.

. . . I do so love fish though. lol

Available at Walmart (I get mine at my local supermarket

View attachment 747945
Mr. C has anaphylactic allergies to dairy, eggs, peanut and chocolate so I have gotten him those cheeses. He says they’ve improved hugely over tbe old types that tasted like wax. I even found him a “smoked Gouda”. I’m just not at tbe point I can give it up. A friend of mine said when she went vegan, she gave up all cheese incl fake cheese for three months and then tried alternatives like nutritional yeast, and at that point they were palatable to her. At least now we have a zillion more alternatives.

For about a decade I went vegetarian, (not vegan.)

What I found worked best, is to not attempt to replicate your old diet. I would not even try to attempt to eat highly processed food like faux cheeses and meats.

I bought a vegetarian/vegan cook book, that had entirely original recipes, that used the strengths of those foods, and did not rely on trying to recreate meals you grew up with as an omnivore.

I still have many meals that I eat, like veggie tacos, (yes, with real cheese,) Tabbouleh Salad sandwiches in a pita, and veggie stir frys. I don't want to use manufactured processed food in my cooking.

Things like these;

My breakfasts are entirely vegan, and lunches are all vegetarian now.

. . . I do so love fish though. lol
That is what I could probably do. I already incorperate a lot more vegetable protein in my diet and I like it, I like tofu AS tofu in a stir fry but not pretending to be meat. I love chickpeas and lentils.

cow-calf-separation.jpg
This is the result of economies of scale. I do so wish this did not have to be. Globalists give lip service to "think local, act globally," but this is twisting reality on its head.

My grandfather was a dairy farmer. He never did these types of practices, nor is it necessary to do this to make dairy products. Nor do most small farmers. Once calves get all the colostrum, they are weaned at about 10 weeks or so. Some are separated and fed with bottles, some aren't. It is up to the small farmer. As milk cows are part of the family, they are treated with love and humanity.

familycowfb.png

If you watch the cow in this video, you can see its relationship to the farmer.

This is the result of economies of scale. I do so wish this did not have to be. Globalists give lip service to "think local, act globally," but this is twisting reality on its head.

My grandfather was a dairy farmer. He never did these types of practices, nor is it necessary to do this to make dairy products. Nor do most small farmers. Once calves get all the colostrum, they are weaned at about 10 weeks or so. Some are separated and fed with bottles, some aren't. It is up to the small farmer. As milk cows are part of the family, they are treated with love and humanity.

familycowfb.png

If you watch the cow in this video, you can see its relationship to the farmer.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. But I heard that even on small farms they separate the babies from the mothers. Maybe it was different in the past? For example, this article is a point by point rebuttal to a small farmer who admits they separate the cow and calf.

That said, regardless of what happens on a small farm, the overwhelming majority of dairy comes from factory farms, not small family farms. Although I agree that for the most part life is probably better for them on a small family farm... I think the real problem is the whole idea behind dairy farming, large or small. Forcing cows to be pregnant over and over, separating the mamas from babies over and over so that humans can drink the breastmilk meant for the baby....and that's not even getting into what happens to the baby male calves, people should look into that. But anyway, I said I wouldn't debate on this thread, so...I guess I'll stop. lol

Btw, for anyone who doesn't believe that the mother cows cry out for their babies, please watch this beautiful video. It's from an animal sanctuary called The Gentle Barn. I know that people have very short attention spans, but this video is really worth watching... til the end! I really don't see how anyone could NOT love this story:

Last edited:
Red meat are not created equal. THANK Ted
I eat a good bit of mutton(aka "lamb) and some grass fed porterhouse(mine)...couple x a month
Good bit of chicken(free yard)
Lotsa Tilapia and Rainbow trout. 3-4X/wk

Next project is a container to shiitake dealio. Gotta be patient and not fukkit up.

Some of the "plant diet "people I know are mainly clueless about the problems created by B12 deficiency and the same for Calcium and Iron .
Be careful human hybrids !

I am a meat eater and could not care less about cow farts which have zero effect on climate ( just WEF inspired BS ).

Multiple human farting is far more offensive and dangerous .

Forum List

Back