Do you think dogs can have broken hearts that is actually messing with his heart.

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
I lost Oliver on Nov 1, 2021 it was sudden. Now bandit is all of a sudden having heart issues. He sees a vet cardiologist next month .. Is it possible Oliver's passing caused Bandits heart issues. Sat we pick up a new puppy i thought I would wait for a lot longer Oliver was MY Dog. Bandit is my husbands dog and our Pug Mia is our middle sons dog she is pretty old. I am so worried that we might lose Bandit so soon after Oliver and then with Mia almost 13 she is getting up there After that bad news see my beautiful new addition coming to our house on Sat . She is in South Carolina right now

Attachments

• oakley.jpg
    oakley.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 40
I lost Oliver on Nov 1, 2021 it was sudden. Now bandit is all of a sudden having heart issues. He sees a vet cardiologist next month .. Is it possible Oliver's passing caused Bandits heart issues. Sat we pick up a new puppy i thought I would wait for a lot longer Oliver was MY Dog. Bandit is my husbands dog and our Pug Mia is our middle sons dog she is pretty old. I am so worried that we might lose Bandit so soon after Oliver and then with Mia almost 13 she is getting up there After that bad news see my beautiful new addition coming to our house on Sat . She is in South Carolina right now
I am so sorry for your loss and I have read that the loss of a household pet can cause depression and other ills in the remaining animals.

I wonder if you present your new pup to Bandit as if he's Bandit's charge and was obtained as a companion to him, if it would help. Maybe you can ask your vet for some feedback regarding this.

Animals grieve just like anyone else. Yes the loss of a close companion can cause heart issues.

Forum List

Back