Do you think about your own mortality ??

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
As a kid , the mere thought seemed scary as well as impossible

As a middle aged man the thought is very real and daily. It’s no longer scary but more of a giant relief when that day comes .

Getting old is terrifying to me . I know it’s coming . My eyesight is not as good , I can’t run very fast anymore . I am not very active anymore and live a hermit life .
Being a mortal is a blessing not a curse

I have nightmares of lying in the casket and my balls itching before I have a chance to putrefy.

I am not suicidal but if I had a “ vile of cyanine “
, then this would be my “ final days “!!

I would post “ screw you guys but thanks for the conversations”
And then I would type up several letters , watch gladiator , then get drunk , and off myself

I wish this site had a seperate section for Funerals,embalming,autopsys and cremations.

I expect I will die shortly after I can't work anymore like the rest of my family. I'm in my late 50s and I still build beach houses in the Florida sun.

As a middle aged man the thought is very real and daily. It’s no longer scary but more of a giant relief when that day comes .

Getting old is terrifying to me . I know it’s coming . My eyesight is not as good , I can’t run very fast anymore . I am not very active anymore and live a hermit life .
You sound pretty normal to me. Save the cyanide for when the pain from the disease gets to be overbearing. Life is like boxing, one answers the bell unless ones corner throws the towel in. If the 3rd man in the ring stops the bout(tko) one did NOT

You sound pretty normal to me. Save the cyanide for when the pain from the disease gets to be overbearing. Life is like boxing, one answers the bell unless ones corner throws the towel in. If the 3rd man in the ring stops the bout(tko) one did NOT
I don’t possess any!! I wish I did ..just in case
Guns is not my style

Who's got time to think about that? Say a few Hail Marys; you won't die alone.

Greg

God is no good and cruel
What kind of a jerk rewards you by taking away things as you live longer and not rewarding you

Who's got time to think about that? Say a few Hail Marys; you won't die alone.

Greg
We all die alone in a way
It’s not like Hollywood
I have been a lousy son to my parents and an even worse sibling to my brother and sister
I have been a good uncle and have spent thousands over the years on gifts

Not sure I am going to heaven lol
You may find yourself waiting one in between two that's what I'd dream after my brother's death on Christmas day 2015.
(I already wrote this at the forum in the past)

I lost my brother and I had a strong connection with him.
I know that at his death he was present I felt his presence and in a dream I asked him where he was and what was death.
He replied that he was in a place like a square lot and that he was waiting and that he did not remember his past life but that he remembered moment bridle as a previous life but when he is near me he remember more of his past life.
And sometimes he comes back because something can make him feel like he's remembering the past.

God is no good and cruel
What kind of a jerk rewards you by taking away things as you live longer and not rewarding you
I watched my Mother die the cruelest kind of death from colon cancer. Not going to go like that. My belief in God died with her. In the meantime I live every day like it's my last. I take time to appreciate the beauty of the world. I carry no grudges. I treat my loved ones like the treasures they are. Find your joy and protect it with everything you have.

You may find yourself waiting one in between two that's what I'd dream after my brother's death on Christmas day 2015.

I know that at his death he was present I felt his presence and in a dream I asked him where he was and what was death.
He replied that he was in a place like a square lot and that he was waiting and that he did not remember his past life but that he remembered moment bridle as a previous life but when he is near me he remember more of his past life.
And sometimes he comes back because something can make him feel like he's remembering the past.
Can I ask how he died ??
Very sorry to hear this

You sound pretty normal like same thoughts, hopes, uncertainties & ambitions as most folks possess. Just make sure to take out an insurance policy with the Mutual of Messiah as it's free of charge(the minimal coverage plan is anyway). Live for today but plan for tomorrow!

As an atheist I have no fear of death, Dying however, terrifies me. Bad for me, worse for my family.

Can I ask how he died ??
Very sorry to hear this
Thank you I miss him! on Christmas Day he told us about his youth the good times of his life a thing that he never did and in the evening he was going to bed and he's died of a heart attack he was young in his forties only.

Forum List

Back