Do you really believe news is fake?

The newspapers in Mark Twain's day had no "journalistic standards" or fact verification. That didn't come until the early 20th Century when schools of journalism were established.
Newspapers aren't much better today than they were then.

A blatantly false story can be printed on Page 1 and the retraction printed a week later buried somewhere in the bowels of the newspaper that no one sees so the false story is the ones people will remember

A blatantly false story can be printed on Page 1 and the retraction printed a week later buried somewhere in the bowels of the newspaper that no one sees so the false story is the ones people will remember
I took a couple of journalism courses in college in the 1960s. "Backgrounding the News" we read the NYT, Wapo and basically did "fact checking". And at that time the professors were objective, professionals who strongly taught the "5 Ws" of journalism. "Who",What",where,When and Why". The biggest error of current "journalism" is the "Why" as "subjectivity" has replaced "objectivity". This was starting in the universities and was best exemplified by Walter Cronkite who totally presented his "subjective" opinion about Vietnam!

Cronkite was one of the first extremely biased news reporters.
He actually caused the USA to leave Vietnam after the Tet Offensive that the USA beat the Viet Cong!
Cronkite's Vietnam Blunder
The reporter's story after Tet had dramatic repercussions. And his conclusions were based on a grave misinterpretation.
Cronkite's Vietnam Blunder

Just click the above link to learn how Cronkite changed opinions even
though the USA was winning against the communist lead Viet Cong!
"In the end, Tet was a military disaster for the North, but it was a political victory for them in the West.
"It is now conventional wisdom among American intellectuals of both Left and Right that the Vietnamese communist forces suffered a tremendous blow in that military effort, but the spectacle of such an all-out effort obliterated domestic support for the war in the United States.
"

This is off the Yahoo page. They basically repeat "the news" from other PROG "news" sources. So I'm wondering, if this is what's being reported today for simplicity, and I didn't cherry pick, is it your opinion mainstream media is fake on any level?

Reads “State bans masks without governor being aware.” A republican gov. of course. So remember, don’t wear a mask in Idaho, they’re banned by Republicans and they’re not even aware, believe me. FAKE NEWS

Teacher on leave suggesting boys can’t really be girls. Practice of suppression for speaking honestly, they’ll ruin you economically and emotionally by character assassination too. Most of all is this really the most important thing today? Worse than FAKE NEWS.

Whitehouse to purged Trump appointees, get over it. “Thing about Biden is he brings anti-partisan & mature leadership to the Whitehouse”. Apparently this is the 3rd most important thing going on today. FAKE NEWS

Bill Gates money manager told black employee lived in a ghetto. I suppose the fifth most important thing today. Nice Biden is doing so well and the world is at peace, though don’t forget racism, another election is coming up. FAKE NEWS

Newsome asks what the hell is wrong with us after mass shooting. Yeah no shit Newsome, why are your cities a mess? Could it be fake & agenda driven "news" are contributors? This is ACTUAL NEWS, wholly shit, alert the media.

Woman claims husband behind bars for sex crimes expects her to be a loving wife. About the 8th most important thing today. FAKE NEWS

Tennessee bathroom law stuff. Your genitals matter A LOT, same your color. FAKE NEWS, all distractions and distortions.

US soldier reveals locations of nukes in Europe report claims. Wholly shit real news, though who knows, might be BS.

40 celebs who are actually transgender. Fuck is that confusing, chicks with dicks, chicks who had dicks, dicks with dicks and penises. FAKE NEWS.

Lauren Boebert’s latest attempt to bash Biden goes down badly. I don’t know about you but Biden is my hero. Who the fucks is Lauren Boebert?

Congress closer to passing China bill. Real News, wholly fuck how will they screw us next.

Poll Americans now more concerned about violent crime than COVID. That’s due MSM & left politicians stopped selling it. But remember, Americans are independent thinkers, threw-up in my mouth.

Matt Gaetz says we should use 2nd amendments rights over cancel culture. Wholly fuck is that guy a cock, lose that MFer already, that’s fucking news, what a total dick.

Baptist kids agency at risk over gay rights. Must be the 13th most important thing today. Good to know things are going so well the news only need to attend to gay rights and stuff. FAKE NEWS.

Biden’s tax plan back to the future with retroactive capital gains hikes. That’s news, but 98% of the people don’t know what it means beyond maybe Biden is going after other people's money so you can have it, which of course is BS in it's own right, another thread.

More stimulus checks going out for Americans. Don’t need a job now, regular welfare checks. I wonder why so many businesses sport help wanted signs and folks turn down an honest wage when welfare is at least as sweet? PROPAGANDA

Israeli Troops kill Palestinian during clash. See in the middle east the Israeli’s do all the killing while Palestinians are fitted into the victim role. Love victim roles, greatest political tool eva’

Biden tells Republicans who oppose Capital riot commission to eat chocolate chip ice cream. Biden was eating his jello puddin’ while rehearsing the paragraph written for him, come on man.

FAKE NEWS: Be sure to add the component it's not always what you say but what you don't. 98% of "news" today is FAKE NEWS.
When less than 10 corporations own 100% of everything you and your family see in the media then there is a problem.

When less than 10 corporations own 100% of everything you and your family see in the media then there is a problem.
Since you provided NO proof, I was ready to ask you for your proof. But since you and many like you don't seem to know how to use the Internet to search for substantiation.. Here is the "proof" you are partially right!

In 1983, 50 companies owned 90% U.S. media*. Since the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the act that reduced the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations on cross ownership, 90% of U.S. media, is owned by 6 companies, Viacom, News Corporation, Comcast, CBS, Time Warner and Disney (Corcoran, 2016; Lutz, 2012).

Sources:​

Corcoran, M. (2016, March 30). Twenty years of media consolidation has not been good for our democracy. Moyers & Company. Retrieved from Moyers & Company | BillMoyers.com % %

Lutz, A. (2012, July 14). These 6 corporations control 90% of the media in America. Business Insider. Retrieved from Insider

Vargas, V. Y. (2012). Media consolidation. In M. Kosut (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Gender in Media (pp. 206-208). Los Angeles: SAGE Reference. Retrieved from http://go.galegroup.com

Since you provided NO proof, I was ready to ask you for your proof. But since you and many like you don't seem to know how to use the Internet to search for substantiation.. Here is the "proof" you are partially right!

In 1983, 50 companies owned 90% U.S. media*. Since the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the act that reduced the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations on cross ownership, 90% of U.S. media, is owned by 6 companies, Viacom, News Corporation, Comcast, CBS, Time Warner and Disney (Corcoran, 2016; Lutz, 2012).

Sources:​

Corcoran, M. (2016, March 30). Twenty years of media consolidation has not been good for our democracy. Moyers & Company. Retrieved from Moyers & Company | BillMoyers.com % %

Lutz, A. (2012, July 14). These 6 corporations control 90% of the media in America. Business Insider. Retrieved from Insider

Vargas, V. Y. (2012). Media consolidation. In M. Kosut (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Gender in Media (pp. 206-208). Los Angeles: SAGE Reference. Retrieved from http://go.galegroup.com
You seriously didn't know this?

Globally, large media conglomerates include Bertelsmann, National Amusements (Paramount Global), Sony Group Corporation, News Corp, Comcast, The Walt Disney Company, Warner Bros. Discovery, Fox Corporation, Hearst Communications, MGM Holdings Inc., Grupo Globo (South America), and Lagardère Group.

You seriously didn't know this?

Globally, large media conglomerates include Bertelsmann, National Amusements (Paramount Global), Sony Group Corporation, News Corp, Comcast, The Walt Disney Company, Warner Bros. Discovery, Fox Corporation, Hearst Communications, MGM Holdings Inc., Grupo Globo (South America), and Lagardère Group.

Why should I believe you? Are you the Google search engine? Where are your links? Zero. No scholarly person puts out information without substantiation!
Until you do, you are like most ignorant people...i.e. you think JUST because YOU say so it is true!

The word "fake" is too simplistic. "News" can be skewed in a political sense by leaving out some facts and promoting others. Anonymous unidentified "sources" is another way to skew stories to promote a political viewpoint. Unverified "reports" that turn out to be nothing but propaganda. "Experts" who are not experts.

Why should I believe you? Are you the Google search engine? Where are your links? Zero. No scholarly person puts out information without substantiation!
Until you do, you are like most ignorant people...i.e. you think JUST because YOU say so it is true!
I would say the dozens of links I provided through my link proves it well. If you refuse the truth that's your fault. I believe it'd called " willful ignorance "

Bullshit. You just don't bother reading them and this is the garbage excuse you're using. Like everything else in life, there are good and bad and YOU are responsible for using the brain God gave you to discern who is honest and who isn't. And "honesty" isn't defined by how much you agree with what they're publishing but whether they what they are publishing is an honest reflection of events.

Some newspapers are garbage. Anything owned by Rupert Murdoch is problematic and that includes the Wall Street Journal, which continues to deny climate change science. But you have to separate the wheat from the chaff, just like with anything you encounter.

Internet sources are basically all grifters, liars and thieves. They're posting on the internet because they can't get jobs with legitimate news sources.

Bullshit. You just don't bother reading them and this is the garbage excuse you're using. Like everything else in life, there are good and bad and YOU are responsible for using the brain God gave you to discern who is honest and who isn't. And "honesty" isn't defined by how much you agree with what they're publishing but whether they what they are publishing is an honest reflection of events.

Some newspapers are garbage. Anything owned by Rupert Murdoch is problematic and that includes the Wall Street Journal, which continues to deny climate change science. But you have to separate the wheat from the chaff, just like with anything you encounter.

Internet sources are basically all grifters, liars and thieves. They're posting on the internet because they can't get jobs with legitimate news sources.
Oh I read them and it's funny how different papers report the same thing completely differently

There is absolutely no journalistic integrity left in our corporate driven media and you're an idiot if you think there is

You are an antisemtie. News to most but not to me. Tell me again how Jews invented whining.

When was the last time Bernie Sander or AOC were referred to as "far left" or Ultra-liberal"?
When was the last time a left-wing politician was compared to Mao or Stalin?

New Topics

Forum List

Back