Do you like to stargaze?

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
I'll need to see your permit sir

New York — In the Land of the Free, if you do not pay the State in the form of a permit before you attempt to sell a product or service to a willing customer, you can and will be extorted, kidnapped and caged, with extreme prejudice. While many folks stand behind permits for selling, one permit in New York that has nothing to do with commerce, has garnered the scrutiny of the Free thought Project. If citizens of the state wish to look up at the sky and view the stars at one of New York's public parks, they will first have to obtain a "Stargazing permit." Seriously.

New York state requires 'stargazing permit' to view night sky in public areas -- Sott.net

Not the babylon bee

bear-mountain-state-park.jpg

Leftwing bureaucrats....bossy bossy tyrants indeed

m4vnhnz6oqd41.png

Wow, the crazy shit just goes on and on. I used to love to stargaze when I was a kid. I was in Astronomy Club in high school for a bit in Arizona. Our high school was in Phoenix and we took several trips up north of the city to look at the stars. A couple people had very nice telescopes and we were able to look at several planets. It was really cool to see Saturn and its rings and also the big red spot on Jupiter. And of course Mars, which looked red like we've always been told. I very rarely look at the night sky anymore. Once in a while I'll look up to find Orion or the Big Dipper. I miss my stargazing days of high school.

As a kid they used to ship me off to an uncle's upstate ...
City kids dont see stars ....the sky on a moonless night was just mind boggling

The neighbor kids had a toy store jason telescope ....remember those ..I forget what power it went up to but it was pretty cool ...Saturn look like a gray ball but you could make out the rings

Worked great looking at the surface of the moon
You were out west even better ...much less light pollution

New York — In the Land of the Free, if you do not pay the State in the form of a permit before you attempt to sell a product or service to a willing customer, you can and will be extorted, kidnapped and caged, with extreme prejudice. While many folks stand behind permits for selling, one permit in New York that has nothing to do with commerce, has garnered the scrutiny of the Free thought Project. If citizens of the state wish to look up at the sky and view the stars at one of New York's public parks, they will first have to obtain a "Stargazing permit." Seriously.

New York state requires 'stargazing permit' to view night sky in public areas -- Sott.net

Not the babylon bee

View attachment 303363

View attachment 303364

Most state parks have a fee to go in or get a year pass in most states.

Not the babylon bee

View attachment 303363

View attachment 303364

Most state parks have a fee to go in or get a year pass in most states.

Not in NY state ...
Well that is as long a you're not looking up

Though limited to most folks the best place to stargaze is from the cockpit of an airplane.
Why not the space station? Or on the dark side of the moon?
Well you show me how to get to the space station or the moon and I’ll be happy to give a look, but until then cockpit access is all I’ve had numerous times and it’s much better than viewing from the ground.

Hard to stargaze anymore, not like it used to be. Too much light pollution even here in rural KY. In 1986 I watched Haleys Comet while camping in ANza Borego Desert, that was cool.

Forum List

Back