Do you have a Will?

I still haven't made one. I need to. I tell my brother and sister in law if something happened to me that they would have to raise my daughter. I guess I better get it put in writing.

I have an updated one, and I encourage everyone to have a will.

Most people think you need a formalized will, you don't. All you need to do is write out your desires for what you want done on a plain sheet of paper, file it in your safe, filing cabinet or safety deposit box and let the person you've chosen as your executor (ask them first) where it is.
It's as simple as that and is just as valid in a court of law.
Now if you have a large estate then by all means consult an attorney.

Quite correct.

I read an article somewhere awhile ago about people dying under unusual circumstances.

One farmer was trapped underneath some equipment, before he died he used his finger to write "All to wife" in the mud caked on the equipment that was crushing him.

It was honored.

Most people think you need a formalized will, you don't. All you need to do is write out your desires for what you want done on a plain sheet of paper, file it in your safe, filing cabinet or safety deposit box and let the person you've chosen as your executor (ask them first) where it is.
It's as simple as that and is just as valid in a court of law.
Now if you have a large estate then by all means consult an attorney.

Quite correct.

I read an article somewhere awhile ago about people dying under unusual circumstances.

One farmer was trapped underneath some equipment, before he died he used his finger to write "All to wife" in the mud caked on the equipment that was crushing him.

It was honored.

It has to be, particularly under those circumstances and any pre-made will can be that simple.

My divorce lawyer said he would write me one for $50 bucks. I guess I just need to go to his office and do it!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I only have a Living Will (Right To Die). REALLY need to get a regular Will done up. :redface:

dont have one, dont need one, dont care what happens to my junk after i die.

Noose, you might not care, but it sure would make it easier on your family. That's reason enough to have one IMO.

I only have a Living Will (Right To Die). REALLY need to get a regular Will done up. :redface:

There is boilerplate available for wills that fairly easy to fill in. They simply have to be notarized. Contrary to popular belif, attorneys do not need to draw up wills for them to be legal. However, an attorney is there to make sure that they are legal, so it is never a bad idea to consult one. Many will look over a will that you have made and make suggestions for a nominal fee.

Noose, you might not care, but it sure would make it easier on your family. That's reason enough to have one IMO.

my mother is 78 and after her there is my sister so divvying up my stuff wont be too hard to do, if i was to get married or have kids i would make a will.
If you don't have some form of will the government can come in and dispose of your assets and take the majority as "payment" usually leaving friends and loved ones with nothing.

my mother is 78 and after her there is my sister so divvying up my stuff wont be too hard to do, if i was to get married or have kids i would make a will.

But doesn't it delay things, and cause a hassle, if there is no will? I don't know that for sure. Anyone in my family that has died, had a Will.

Oh, doesn't the state decide if there is no Will? I always have heard that. :redface:

There is boilerplate available for wills that fairly easy to fill in. They simply have to be notarized. Contrary to popular belif, attorneys do not need to draw up wills for them to be legal. However, an attorney is there to make sure that they are legal, so it is never a bad idea to consult one. Many will look over a will that you have made and make suggestions for a nominal fee.

Aren't they online available to fill out?

There are thousands online. Some are better than others. This is one of the better ones.

Last Will and Testament- Free Last Will and Testament forms, Last Will and Testament form

If you don't have some form of will the government can come in and dispose of your assets and take the majority as "payment" usually leaving friends and loved ones with nothing.

i dont really have assets, i rent an apartment, i spend what i make,its not a big deal to me.

actually things like my 401k, savings bonds, and company provided insurance all have designated beneficiaries so these type things are covered.

Last edited:

There are thousands online. Some are better than others. This is one of the better ones.

Last Will and Testament- Free Last Will and Testament forms, Last Will and Testament form

Thank you :)

Forum List

Back