Do you have a lot of Coronavirus cases in the area where you live?

Over 6,000 confirmed here in Louisiana. We had/have a few nursing home clusters that rip my heart out.
why would they continue to have the Mardi Gras all knowing the sickness was spreading like wildfire

Mardis Gras was in February. There were no reported cases at the time and no news warnings. Louisiana didn't get alarmed until St. Patrick's day.

Over 6,000 confirmed here in Louisiana. We had/have a few nursing home clusters that rip my heart out.
why would they continue to have the Mardi Gras all knowing the sickness was spreading like wildfire

Mardis Gras was in February. There were no reported cases at the time and no news warnings. Louisiana didn't get alarmed until St. Patrick's day.

She's ^^ right. A lot has happened and changed since then. There was nothing particularly spreading at the time as far as the general public knew. No 'social distancing', no closed restaurants, no nothing.

Hi Tresha, LTNS -- hope you and yours stay safe.

Me here in France as you could see we also have a lot of cases and in my region not so much in the big east of France a lot more but it is especially the capacity of the hospitals which is important, the hospital of Vienne Isère is 67% of its capacity for now.

None in my county or any surrounding counties until last week when one appeared, a county to the south.
Very rural here.

Be safe and be careful Dalia. Nice to see you.
I was bragging that my county had zero known cases for quite awhile. Now 24 known cases. Still, nobody I know, though I expect that to change

She's ^^ right. A lot has happened and changed since then. There was nothing particularly spreading at the time as far as the general public knew. No 'social distancing', no closed restaurants, no nothing.

There were no doubt MANY people infected, but there isnt enough testing going on, even still.

It was all over China and did they think it was going to hold it there that's reason our government so stupid they should have thought ahead

Thank you for your answers, this virus has become a home in some countries of the world and certain regions of a country too. the daily life to change well in France we can not be more then two people in the same car and we must have a certificate with the time of exit for each person and for my part I avoid doing my shopping in big supermarkets, I prefer go to the little corner store, there is less traffic because everything related to food has remained open, any business necessary to fight the virus is open, in your region is it the same thing? how do you do for your shopping and others?

2 in my area. An Italian who brought it in and will be re-tested/potentially cleared next week and a new case( a truck driver on the Pan American Highway) who was positive yesterday and sent to the capital for repair.
We have just under 400 in the nation,two eighty 87 year olds died a week or 10 days ago, 8 "cleaned" and 6 in intensive care.Total in the hospital is under 20. The rest are being treated at their homes. 2 of the "cured" were merrykinz treated while quarantined at their hotel and have since gone back to the fourth world to hope they don't become re-infected( JooYakk). The 50 year old husband never even had a sneeze. Nada. Just positive and likely contagious. They brought it from JooYakk and it grabbed her in mid vacation.
The wifey had mild pneumonia, fever,sore throat, gut rott and bone aches but was treated with Trumpoquine and Cephalexin and came around in 4-5 days. She is a few years younger than the guy...mid-late forties

Deaths and Mortality

Data are for the U.S.

Number of deaths: 2,813,503
Death rate: 863.8 deaths per 100,000 population
Life expectancy: 78.6 years
Infant Mortality rate: 5.79 deaths per 1,000 live births

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2017

FastStats - Deaths and Mortality

Just some thoughts on this pandemic.

It is difficult to understand how this is a national crisis when the media spends 95% of its time on the New York metro area, which includes parts of New Jersey. Occasionally, the media spends a little time on New Orleans and Detroit. The death rate in the rest of the country among the elderly with underlying health issues is normal.

The Trump administration has recommended that every American should wear a mask when in close contact with others. Trump and his crew should practice what they preach. At the daily press conferences Trump and his advisors are jammed together on the small stage in the press room. Shouldn't they be wearing masks ... if it is that important? Just asking.

Thank you for your answers, this virus has become a home in some countries of the world and certain regions of a country too. the daily life to change well in France we can not be more then two people in the same car and we must have a certificate with the time of exit for each person and for my part I avoid doing my shopping in big supermarkets, I prefer go to the little corner store, there is less traffic because everything related to food has remained open, any business necessary to fight the virus is open, in your region is it the same thing? how do you do for your shopping and others?

I have adopted a new pattern where I wake early on (usually Tuesday) to pick up groceries, because I know the shelves will be picked clean by half an hour after they open. Logically there MUST come a point where all these hoarders simply have no more room for their hoarding and will finally let the rest of us buy normally.

The main store in my town is especially useless. I get far more choice driving far away. The stores get supplied overnight but unfortunately they put ALL their stock out for the morning, so that for 95% of the day they have little or nothing. It's SO stupid. If they would simply portion out their stock they could put an end to the hoarding.

Me here in France as you could see we also have a lot of cases and in my region not so much in the big east of France a lot more but it is especially the capacity of the hospitals which is important, the hospital of Vienne Isère is 67% of its capacity for now.

None in my county or any surrounding counties until last week when one appeared, a county to the south.
Very rural here.

Be safe and be careful Dalia. Nice to see you.
I was bragging that my county had zero known cases for quite awhile. Now 24 known cases. Still, nobody I know, though I expect that to change

Still no cases reported in this county. A few in one adjoining county.

The city I live in is split between two counties Rowan which is the county I live in and Cabarrus with a total population between the two of over 341,000
Cabarrus County Has 56 cases with 1 death
Rowan County 36 cases and 1 death

Absolutely NONE that I'm aware of. I live in a nice, safe, predominantly conservative town, with NO illegal aliens that I'm aware of. This is most likely the reason(s) for having no cases that I know of.

No I don't have Corona virus around here. Not that I know of! Thanks GOD.:)

I don't know beyond where I live, that I can't say.

Absolutely NONE that I'm aware of. I live in a nice, safe, predominantly conservative town, with NO illegal aliens that I'm aware of. This is most likely the reason(s) for having no cases that I know of.

Actually statistically that would make your locality safer. The US has a WAY higher infection rate than any of its neighbours.

It is difficult to understand how this is a national crisis when the media spends 95% of its time on the New York metro area, which includes parts of New Jersey. Occasionally, the media spends a little time on New Orleans and Detroit. The death rate in the rest of the country among the elderly with underlying health issues is normal.

My point is the death rate in the rest of the country among the elderly with underlying health issues is normal.

California has the largest population in the country. As of today, 269 people have in died of Covid-19 in a population of over 39 million in three months! With an older population, Florida has had 170 deaths in three months, Texas 90, Washington state, where all this started, 291, Connecticut part of the N.Y. metro area 131. Those are all three month totals. That is a normal death rate among the sick and elderly. United States Coronavirus: 277,161 Cases and 7,392 Deaths - Worldometer

See my point? This crisis is mostly occurring in the N.Y. metro area, and to a lesser extent Detroit and New Orleans. Some are concerned about Chicago, but Illinois comes is at 210 for three months in a population of 12.66 million. That is normal. This doesn't appear to be a national pandemic.

Bill Hemmer, Fox News, reported from a street in N.Y. today. The wind was blowing, and it was cold and rainy, the perfect breeding ground for the common cold. N.Y. had a cold wet winter lasting four months. It's downtown area is dominated by the elderly and the homeless, and public conveyances are the most popular means of transport. The N.Y. area is infested by Covid-19. Is anyone surprised?

Are older people afflicted with Covid-19, who were already sick, dying of lung disease, pneumonia, influenza, heart disease, etc. or are they dying because of Covid-19? Just asking.

The media, following the lead provided by the Trump White House, tries to scare people with huge numbers. They like to talk about the number of cases. So, today, in a population of 327 million, 275,493 Americans have come down with the common cold from a new virus, Covid-19, in three months. In three months, 7,081 Americans, most of them old and sick, many in nursing homes and hospitals, have died from the complications of the common cold.

So, is anyone impressed?

All safe and healthy here, thank you. I hope you're good, too!

Last edited:

All safe and healthy here, thank you. I hope you're god, too!

Pretty much same here!

All safe and healthy here, thank you. I hope you're god, too!

Well I'm not quite a god but pretty close ;)

J/k all good here in Appalachia.

Hello everyone, now we are told that it is better to wear a mask at all times in France and it is also better to wear gloves because there is also the fact that DR.Anthony Fauci says that we can catch the virus by speaking which amounts to saying that if we do our shopping and someone to talk we can catch it while passing in an alley like you say Pogo we take our precautions to go shopping early in the morning, etc but now you must wear a mask and also preferably surgical gloves

Forum List

Back