Do you drink soda? STOP THAT SHIT AT ONCE!

Giant amounts of high-fructose corn syrup are proven to have bizarre, long-term health effects on most vital organs, that is a fact. The reason it's harmless when you eat fruit is that the physical structure of fruit fibers actually prevents your intestines from absorbing the majority of the fructose; you taste the fructose in your mouth, but your body absorbs very little of it. When you're thirsty, do what I do: have a massive vessel of condensation-dripping icewater next to you at all times. Very refreshing. And when I'm feeling really bold, I squeeze a tiny spurt of lemon juice into my icy water slush.

Let me tell you a true anecdote: back in 2016 I had a blood test in the Dr. office and most of my cholesterol levels were perfectly normal except my highly elevated triglycerides (which in itself doesn't cause heart disease, but they can cause build up of bad cholesterols that do cause heart disease). It didn't take me much Internet homework to learn that HFCS is the ultimate triglyceride bogeyman villain. So I completely quit soft drinks rights then and there forever. Then only a few months later I had another blood test and my triglyceride levels were cut in HALF, almost back down to a normal level. And my only lifestyle difference was my lack of daily soft drinks. At the very least, it's food for thought.

When thirsty, drink icewater, not soda. I can't stress that enough.

“Drink water”

Another Great Leap Forward for science! :26:

That’s why I only drink bourbon.
I use to drink rum and coke. I’m now a Guinness guy.

I love Guinness. Also, Murphy’s Irish Stout.

If you also love singing, fighting, crying, laughing, fighting, and going to confession, you’re Irish!

And fighting some more.

Of course.

And somewhere in there, conception (I know what you’re thinking, but with Irish magic anything is possible!)

Last edited:
Giant amounts of high-fructose corn syrup are proven to have bizarre, long-term health effects on most vital organs, that is a fact. The reason it's harmless when you eat fruit is that the physical structure of fruit fibers actually prevents your intestines from absorbing the majority of the fructose; you taste the fructose in your mouth, but your body absorbs very little of it. When you're thirsty, do what I do: have a massive vessel of condensation-dripping icewater next to you at all times. Very refreshing. And when I'm feeling really bold, I squeeze a tiny spurt of lemon juice into my icy water slush.

Let me tell you a true anecdote: back in 2016 I had a blood test in the Dr. office and most of my cholesterol levels were perfectly normal except my highly elevated triglycerides (which in itself doesn't cause heart disease, but they can cause build up of bad cholesterols that do cause heart disease). It didn't take me much Internet homework to learn that HFCS is the ultimate triglyceride bogeyman villain. So I completely quit soft drinks rights then and there forever. Then only a few months later I had another blood test and my triglyceride levels were cut in HALF, almost back down to a normal level. And my only lifestyle difference was my lack of daily soft drinks. At the very least, it's food for thought.

“Drink water”

It most certainly is, in a basic, common-sense manner. Our bodies are what, 85% water?

Rum goes better with tropical fruit juices anyway. That's what the mai-tai drink is based on. Far tastier than the rum and coke, which I utterly hated.
I’ve never ordered a drink with fruit juice unless it was for a lady.

You’re missing out. There are some awesome cocktails with fruit juice.

I love Guinness. Also, Murphy’s Irish Stout.

If you also love singing, fighting, crying, laughing, fighting, and going to confession, you’re Irish!

I have a large enough chunk of Irish immigrant ancestry to qualify as an American Plastic Paddy. Is that close enough?

If you BELIEVE hard enough, it does!

major calories
some kids drink a lot of it per day
my kids hardly ever drink it--neither do I

“Drink water”

It most certainly is, in a basic, common-sense manner. Our bodies are what, 85% water?

Is someone writing all this down?

I worked with a guy who drank two 64 oz bottles of coke a day without fail. One day he collapsed and they carried him out on a stretcher. He showed up at work again 6 months later having to wear braces on both legs. He looked like death, skin color was all gray. The guy was about 40 at the time.

I worked with a guy who drank two 64 oz bottles of coke a day without fail. One day he collapsed and they carried him out on a stretcher. He showed up at work again 6 months later having to wear braces on both legs. He looked like death, skin color was all gray. The guy was about 40 at the time.

Was it the soda, or the Polio?

Rum goes better with tropical fruit juices anyway. That's what the mai-tai drink is based on. Far tastier than the rum and coke, which I utterly hated.

Other than peppermint schnapps, hard liquor always goes better with fruit juices than soft drinks. While the schnapps I've been drinking goes better with icewater (NOT soda) and extra-salty dry roasted peanuts to clean that 100-proof, electrifying hot/cold mint taste from my mouth. Dry roasted peanuts are especially tasty if you sprinkle a bunch of garlic salt on them. Just a little hint you folks might find tasty.

Last edited:

You’re missing out. There are some awesome cocktails with fruit juice.
I’m sure they are.
Again; I’m a Guinness guy. I’ll leave the fruit drinks to the ladies.

64 ounces a day? Yikes, that's so piggishly disgusting your friend deserved whatever health liabilities he got from such gluttonous overindulgence. I have exactly ZERO compassion for hungry, hungry, human hippos.

Other than peppermint schnapps, hard liquor always goes better with fruit juices than soft drinks. While the schnapps I've been drinking goes better with icewater (NOT soda) and extra-salty dry roasted peanuts to clean that 100-proof, electrifying hot/cold mint taste from my mouth. Dry roasted peanuts are especially tasty if you sprinkle a bunch of garlic salt on them.

If you want drinking food, go to a Korean restaurant. They have mastered it.

But if you go drinking with Korean folks, mind your protocols carefully.

Forum List

Back