Do You Consider the Destruction of Israel a "Personal Tragedy?"

Theocracies that provide three times as many religious courts as other theocracies are three times the threat to democracy. Are you looking forward to Rapture, Hossie?
Tinmore wanted 1948, you want 1947. Jaysus, what does it take to convince you?
http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Facts About Israel/Israel in Maps/Armistice Lines 1949-1967

You can read up on Res 242

United Nations Security Council Resolution 242

Armistice Lines 1949-1967

Nope. No 1948 map here.
Israel's Borders After 1948 War

This map was posted in thread: Right of Return ,a subject you belabor.

No you haven't. Borders are more than just say so. They are established by official agreements. These agreements are documented. These documents are held by the agreeing parties and are usually archived at the UN, the Avalon project at Yale, The Jewish Virtual Library, etc.

Where are these documents?

BTW, nobody has ever been able to find a 1948 map of Israel.

1949 Armistice Agreements

1949.:cuckoo:
problem ?

Tinmore wanted 1948, you want 1947. Jaysus, what does it take to convince you?
http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Facts About Israel/Israel in Maps/Armistice Lines 1949-1967

You can read up on Res 242

United Nations Security Council Resolution 242

Armistice Lines 1949-1967

Nope. No 1948 map here.

No 1948 map here.

No 1948 map here.
I forgot, Tinny. There was no 1948. The UN decided to postpone 1948 until Fakeistinians decided to accept Israel. What happened?

1948 was a big year for Israel. That was when foreigners declared themselves to be the state of Israel inside Palestine. Israel was supposedly attacked by 5 Arab countries.

It seems strange that nobody can find a 1948 map of Israel. It is like it didn't exist.

This is a load of bull.
In short until a permanent settlement can be achieved the 1949 armistice lines serve as borders.
In January of 1976 the Arab states offered a permanent two state solution at the Security Council based on pre-'67 borders with minor and mutual modifications. Israel refused to attend the session, and the US vetoed the resolution.

Is that because there's more money in stealing your neighbors land and water?
Hmm, Georgie seems to be obsessed with money. Maybe he should get a better job. Meanwhile, I wonder if Georgie can tell us why the Palestinians weren't clamoring for a state when the Egyptians and Jordanians were administering these territories. Look at how all the years passed when they said nothing about establishing a state of their own. Could it be that they felt they didn't need a state as long as the Egyptians and Jordanians were in charge, but when Israel started administering the territories, they couldn't bear the thought that it was the Jews who were in charge?
Any thoughts on why the US vetoed the '76 Arab peace proposal?
Same reason Israel didn't bother to attend the session, maybe.
Sounds like the Arabs got no partners in the search for peace.

I'm not obsessing over money as much as I'm confused about why gutless draft dodgers like Cheney, Bush and Clinton are allowed to profit from the deaths of heroes like Pat Tillman. Maybe you can explain that?

Palestinians weren't protesting prior to '67 to same extent they are today because Egyptians and Jordanians weren't killing their children for sport:

"It is still. The camp waits, as if holding its breath. And then, out of the dry furnace air, a disembodied voice crackles over a loudspeaker.

"'Come on, dogs,' the voice booms in Arabic. 'Where are all the dogs of Khan Younis? Come! Come!'

"I stand up. I walk outside the hut. The invective continues to spew: 'Son of a bitch!' 'Son of a whore!' 'Your mother's ****!'

"The boys dart in small packs up the sloping dunes to the electric fence that separates the camp from the Jewish settlement. They lob rocks toward two armored jeeps parked on top of the dune and mounted with loudspeakers.

"Three ambulances line the road below the dunes in anticipation of what is to come.

"A percussion grenade explodes. The boys, most no more than ten or eleven years old, scatter, running clumsily across the heavy sand. They descend out of sight behind a sandbank in front of me. There are no sounds of gunfire.

"The soldiers shoot with silencers.

"The bullets from the M-16 rifles tumble end over end through the children's slight bodies. Later, in the hospital, I will see the destruction: the stomachs ripped out, the gaping holes in limbs and torsos..."

"Children have been shot in other conflicts I have covered—death squads gunned them down in El Salvador and Guatemala, mothers with infants were lined up and massacred in Algeria, and Serb snipers put children in their sights and watched them crumple onto the pavement in Sarajevo—but I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport."

A Gaza Diary - by Chris Hedges

In January of 1976 the Arab states offered a permanent two state solution at the Security Council based on pre-'67 borders with minor and mutual modifications. Israel refused to attend the session, and the US vetoed the resolution.

Is that because there's more money in stealing your neighbors land and water?
Hmm, Georgie seems to be obsessed with money. Maybe he should get a better job. Meanwhile, I wonder if Georgie can tell us why the Palestinians weren't clamoring for a state when the Egyptians and Jordanians were administering these territories. Look at how all the years passed when they said nothing about establishing a state of their own. Could it be that they felt they didn't need a state as long as the Egyptians and Jordanians were in charge, but when Israel started administering the territories, they couldn't bear the thought that it was the Jews who were in charge?
Any thoughts on why the US vetoed the '76 Arab peace proposal?
Same reason Israel didn't bother to attend the session, maybe.
Sounds like the Arabs got no partners in the search for peace.

I'm not obsessing over money as much as I'm confused about why gutless draft dodgers like Cheney, Bush and Clinton are allowed to profit from the deaths of heroes like Pat Tillman. Maybe you can explain that?

Palestinians weren't protesting prior to '67 to same extent they are today because Egyptians and Jordanians weren't killing their children for sport:

"It is still. The camp waits, as if holding its breath. And then, out of the dry furnace air, a disembodied voice crackles over a loudspeaker.

"'Come on, dogs,' the voice booms in Arabic. 'Where are all the dogs of Khan Younis? Come! Come!'

"I stand up. I walk outside the hut. The invective continues to spew: 'Son of a bitch!' 'Son of a whore!' 'Your mother's ****!'

"The boys dart in small packs up the sloping dunes to the electric fence that separates the camp from the Jewish settlement. They lob rocks toward two armored jeeps parked on top of the dune and mounted with loudspeakers.

"Three ambulances line the road below the dunes in anticipation of what is to come.

"A percussion grenade explodes. The boys, most no more than ten or eleven years old, scatter, running clumsily across the heavy sand. They descend out of sight behind a sandbank in front of me. There are no sounds of gunfire.

"The soldiers shoot with silencers.

"The bullets from the M-16 rifles tumble end over end through the children's slight bodies. Later, in the hospital, I will see the destruction: the stomachs ripped out, the gaping holes in limbs and torsos..."

"Children have been shot in other conflicts I have covered—death squads gunned them down in El Salvador and Guatemala, mothers with infants were lined up and massacred in Algeria, and Serb snipers put children in their sights and watched them crumple onto the pavement in Sarajevo—but I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport."

Tsk,tsk,tsk.Shsme,shame,shame.

Looks like Georgie Boy reads the same hate sites as many of the other anti-Semites do. I can't begin to tell the readers how many times this one story has been pulled up by those with the same mindset as Georgie.. If he would have actually researched further, he would have found out that Chris Hedges wasn't even in the area when he wrote this piece so how he could report on something when he wasn't even there to witness? So you see, Georgie, your excuse for the Palestinians not clamoring for a state before 1967 just doesn't wash. Does Georgie really think that all of us here really think he is so a good humanitarian worrying about the Palestinian people? I am willing to bet that he never follows any stories about what the Muslims are doing to people, such as killing those of other religions and even killing other Muslims of different sects, of kidnapping Hindu and Christian girls and forcing them to convert to Islam, of people being arrested and thrown into prison because of alleged blasphemy against Islam, of all the honor killings, etc. I wonder if Georgie even bothered to read the news on AOL today about the Syrians burning children alive in front of their mothers. I have a feeling that Georgie isn't concerned with any of the above because there are no Jews involved

Harper's Magazine is a hate site?

Speaking of research:

"Chris Hedges is currently a senior fellow at The Nation Institute in New York City.[6] He spent nearly two decades as a foreign correspondent in Central America, the Middle East, Africa and the Balkans.

"He has reported from more than fifty countries, and has worked for The Christian Science Monitor, National Public Radio, The Dallas Morning News, and The New York Times,[1] where he was a foreign correspondent for fifteen years (1990–2005).

"In 2002, Hedges was part of the team of reporters at The New York Times awarded the Pulitzer Prize for the paper's coverage of global terrorism. He also received in 2002 the Amnesty International Global Award for Human Rights Journalism. He has taught at Columbia University, New York University, Princeton University[1] and The University of Toronto..."

Chris Hedges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Were you in Gaza in 2001?
Is that how you're sure Hedges "wasn't even in the area?"
Are you the only person who knows this?
Link, please.

Speaking of research:

"Chris Hedges is currently a senior fellow at The Nation Institute in New York City.[6] He spent nearly two decades as a foreign correspondent in Central America, the Middle East, Africa and the Balkans.

"He has reported from more than fifty countries, and has worked for The Christian Science Monitor, National Public Radio, The Dallas Morning News, and The New York Times,[1] where he was a foreign correspondent for fifteen years (1990–2005).

"In 2002, Hedges was part of the team of reporters at The New York Times awarded the Pulitzer Prize for the paper's coverage of global terrorism. He also received in 2002 the Amnesty International Global Award for Human Rights Journalism. He has taught at Columbia University, New York University, Princeton University[1] and The University of Toronto..."

Link, please.
Georgie, if you were half as smart as you think you are you wouldn't be half as smart as I think you are.
The Word of the Day is----"Nugatory"

Speaking of research:

Link, please.
Georgie, if you were half as smart as you think you are you wouldn't be half as smart as I think you are.

It looks like your "discredit the source" propaganda ploy is not holding water.

Speaking of research:

Link, please.

I guess Tinmore is not aware of how many times this Hedges article was brought up by anti-Semites who sound just like the ones who frequent sites like Stormfront.com. Meanwhile, it looks as if he didn't do his research to find out that Hedges wasn't even in that area so how could he write about something he never witnessed. Nevertheless, I bet Tinmore didn't even blink when he read the AOL news yesterday about Syria burning children in front of their mothers. He probably doesn't even blink either when there are news stories of so many children killed by Muslims. Why does he care? The Jews aren't involved in these incidents.
By the way, have you read about Chris Hedges being booed off the stage as he delivered a graduation speech at Rockford College in Illinois?

I guess Tinmore is not aware of how many times this Hedges article was brought up by anti-Semites who sound just like the ones who frequent sites like Stormfront.com. Meanwhile, it looks as if he didn't do his research to find out that Hedges wasn't even in that area so how could he write about something he never witnessed. Nevertheless, I bet Tinmore didn't even blink when he read the AOL news yesterday about Syria burning children in front of their mothers. He probably doesn't even blink either when there are news stories of so many children killed by Muslims. Why does he care? The Jews aren't involved in these incidents.
By the way, have you read about Chris Hedges being booed off the stage as he delivered a graduation speech at Rockford College in Illinois?

No I"m not. Sorry.

What do your sources tell you about Beit Agron
Was Hedges there?
How about Yusuf ("Man of Peace") Samir?

"In Beit Agron I run into familiar Israeli press officials. They are efficient: our press cards are ready in minutes. They welcome me back. They ask about New York. They hand out cell-phone numbers and tell us to call if we need assistance.

"Joe and I get up to leave, but we are blocked at the door by a man in his early sixties wearing a gray leisure suit. His name is Yusuf Samir, and he is a reporter for the Israeli Arabic service. He tells us that he was kidnapped recently in the West Bank by Palestinian gunmen and held for several weeks.

"'The Palestinians are animals,' he says. 'They are less than human. They are savage beasts. Israel is a land of love. People in Israel love one another. But the Palestinians do not love. They hate. They should be destroyed. We should put fire to them. We should take back Beit Jala, Bethlehem, take back all the land and get rid of them.'"

"The Israeli press officers are beaming.

"'He is a great man, a poet,' one says as we leave. 'He is a man of peace.'"

Peace for some Israelis seems to require the extermination of all Palestinians.
Are you ready for that fight, Hossie?

No I"m not. Sorry.
You're not what,other than sorry?

No I"m not. Sorry.
You're not what,other than sorry?

I guess Tinmore is not aware of how many times this Hedges...

What do your sources tell you about Beit Agron
Was Hedges there?
How about Yusuf ("Man of Peace") Samir?

"In Beit Agron I run into familiar Israeli press officials. They are efficient: our press cards are ready in minutes. They welcome me back. They ask about New York. They hand out cell-phone numbers and tell us to call if we need assistance.

"Joe and I get up to leave, but we are blocked at the door by a man in his early sixties wearing a gray leisure suit. His name is Yusuf Samir, and he is a reporter for the Israeli Arabic service. He tells us that he was kidnapped recently in the West Bank by Palestinian gunmen and held for several weeks.

"'The Palestinians are animals,' he says. 'They are less than human. They are savage beasts. Israel is a land of love. People in Israel love one another. But the Palestinians do not love. They hate. They should be destroyed. We should put fire to them. We should take back Beit Jala, Bethlehem, take back all the land and get rid of them.'"

"The Israeli press officers are beaming.

"'He is a great man, a poet,' one says as we leave. 'He is a man of peace.'"

Peace for some Israelis seems to require the extermination of all Palestinians.
Are you ready for that fight, Hossie?

I read Hedges crap so I can keep up with his anti-American,anti-Semitic leanings.As for the Palisimians, no one wants to exterminate them. Remember---taqiyyah and Turnspeak doesn't cut it here.

AIPAC doesn't cut it here.

"The battle for justice in the Middle East is our battle.

"It is part of the vast, global battle against the 1 percent.

"It is about living rather than dying.

"It is about communicating rather than killing. It is about love rather than hate.

"It is part of the great battle against the corporate forces of death that reign over us—the fossil fuel industry, the weapons manufacturers, the security and surveillance state, the speculators on Wall Street, the oligarchic elites who assault our poor, our working men and women, our children, one in four of whom depend on food stamps to eat..."

AIPAC Works for the 1 Percent | Common Dreams

Those of us alive today are caught up in a class war that started with chattel slavery.
Chris Hedges gets it.
Slaves don't.

You appear to have a problem with free speech.

And assholes like you have problems with facts.

Possibly you're too dimwitted to realize that the Jewish state is one of the most racist on the planet,

Clearly you are fucking stupid and retarded, as you have no fucking idea WTF you are talking about. Moron.

and it's subsidized with 8 million US taxpayer dollars every day.

Really? How so, moron?

AIPAC doesn't cut it here.

"The battle for justice in the Middle East is our battle.

"It is part of the vast, global battle against the 1 percent.

"It is about living rather than dying.

"It is about communicating rather than killing. It is about love rather than hate.

"It is part of the great battle against the corporate forces of death that reign over us—the fossil fuel industry, the weapons manufacturers, the security and surveillance state, the speculators on Wall Street, the oligarchic elites who assault our poor, our working men and women, our children, one in four of whom depend on food stamps to eat..."

Those of us alive today are caught up in a class war that started with chattel slavery.
Chris Hedges gets it.
Slaves don't.
Well, Georgie Boy, you have been elected to fly over to the Middle East and tell all those people who got so rich in oil to start sharing the proceeds with their poorer Arab brethren. Tell them that they really do not need any more palaces, silver plated cards and trips to Las Vegas and London. You can also tell them that they have spent enough money on real estate in such high priced cities as New York and to use the money instead for the people.

Well...Hossie, as a citizen of the greatest purveyor of violence for the $ake of violence on this planet, I think I'll do what little I can to roll back US greed and terrorism:

"We have not brought freedom, democracy and the virtues of Western civilization to the Muslim world. We have brought state terrorism, massive destruction, war and death. There is no moral distinction between a drone strike and the explosion of the improvised explosive device, between a suicide bombing and a targeted assassination.

"We have used the iron fist of the American military to implant our oil companies in Iraq, occupy Afghanistan and ensure that the Muslim world remains submissive and compliant.

"We have supported a government in Israel that has carried out egregious war crimes in Lebanon and Gaza and is daily stealing larger and larger portions of Palestinian land.

"We have established a network of military bases, some the size of small cities, in Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Kuwait, and we have secured basing rights in the Gulf states of Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates.

"We have expanded our military operations to Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Egypt, Algeria and Yemen. And no one believes, except perhaps us, that we have any intention of leaving."

Forum List

Back