Do we have too many first generation ‘citizens’ in government?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
Could that be why many of us feel America slipping away?
Are american principles, the american value system and the american way embedded in the DNA of first generation citizens / politicians?
Is the “Squad” and those like them committed to preserving and protecting all that made America what it is?
Are the barely Americans running California looking out for Americans or Mexico’s people?
How many other nations are partly run by first generation citizens and how’s it working for them?

Could that be why many of us feel America slipping away? Are american principles, the american value system and the american way embedded in the DNA of first generation citizens/politicians?
Is the “Squad” and those like them committed to preserving and protecting all that made America what it is? Are the barely Americans running California looking out for Americans or Mexico’s people? How many other nations are partly run by first generation citizens and how’s it working for them?
The generation that needs to take the citizenship test often ends up knowing more than the "real" Americans. As the child of a couple in that situation, they said that I, a 2nd grader, was often more help than most of their adult friends.

Like the Canadian born Ted Cruz?
I think the question was do we have too many rather than any

the reason there are so many 1st generation persons elected to government is because we have so many immigrants who vote for them

And I dont think that that is good for America

Last edited:

the reason there are so many 1st generation persons elected to government is because we have so many immigrants who vote for them

And I dont that that is good for America

So it was nothing more than a cowardly way to wish for only white's to vote.

Could that be why many of us feel America slipping away? Are american principles, the american value system and the american way embedded in the DNA of first generation citizens/politicians?
Is the “Squad” and those like them committed to preserving and protecting all that made America what it is? Are the barely Americans running California looking out for Americans or Mexico’s people? How many other nations are partly run by first generation citizens and how’s it working for them?
The generation that needs to take the citizenship test often ends up knowing more than the "real" Americans. As the child of a couple in that situation, they said that I, a 2nd grader, was often more help than most of their adult friends.

Most core Americans are related to legitimate war heroes, we have spent our whole lives surrounded by Veterans of war, we’ve been told hundreds of war stories about world wars, Vietnam etc etc by those who were actually there. Since birth we’ve been taught the paramount importance of keeping America in tact. Do you think Ilhan Omar can say the same?

Are american principles, the american value system and the american way embedded in the DNA of first generation citizens / politicians?
Is the “Squad” and those like them committed to preserving and protecting all that made America what it is?
Are the barely Americans running California looking out for Americans or Mexico’s people?
How many other nations are partly run by first generation citizens and how’s it working for them?

No you do not. You don't have nearly enough immigrants in government. You need better ideas - ideas not based on racism, xenophobia, fear and hate.

I think there is an advantage to a country where most of the citizens have a shared experience

You dont have that with millions of immigrants from vastly different cultures

So why beat around the bush? Just be honest.

My grandfather was a US Citizen, took the test and was sworn in. But he never voted.

He recognized that in America, he was not a native born citizen and knew he could never be President, regardless of how much more a tremendous job he could do than that doofus Roosevelt.

But he still respected the Constitution and absented himself from voting because he saw the limitations and the fact he was banned.

Most core Americans are related to legitimate war heroes, we have spent our whole lives surrounded by Veterans of war, we’ve been told hundreds of war stories about world wars, Vietnam etc etc by those who were actually there. Since birth we’ve been taught the paramount importance of keeping America in tact. Do you think Ilhan Omar can say the same?
Why should I need to justify a some individual of your choosing? My parents beat that 2-1.

My grandfather was a US Citizen, took the test and was sworn in. But he never voted.

He recognized that in America, he was not a native born citizen and knew he could never be President, regardless of how much more a tremendous job he could do than that doofus Roosevelt.

But he still respected the Constitution and absented himself from voting because he saw the limitations and the fact he was banned.
He wasn't banned from voting. That part is just dumb.

No you do not. You don't have nearly enough immigrants in government. You need better ideas - ideas not based on racism, xenophobia, fear and hate.

Haha...so provide examples, what community, city or state being run by barely Americans is kicking ass?

He wasn't banned from voting. That part is just dumb.

He was banned from high office. They didn't want him in the WH- so why would he try and force himself where he wasn't wanted?

I love that term "first generation politicians."

I love euphemisms. They are much gentler than the words they replace. And we should all be as gentle as possible.

Actually, I feel that the OP has raised an important point.

I personally feel that first generation politicians should refrain from stridently criticizing the country that allowed their parents to live here.

It is, I feel, unseemly to do so.

First generation politicians should show their gratitude to this country by being respectful and humble.

If they have any criticism, it should be couched in a low-key manner.

When you admit that you cannot support your position, without calling someone a wacist, you admit that you cannot defend your position AT ALL.

You dont like white people?

and besides 30% of the non immigrant Americans who are being overrun are non white

I don't evade points when I support something. Just be honest. Why do you feel you can't simply be honest?

I should believe we should leave the running of the country to people who refuse to be honest about their positions?

When you admit that you cannot support your position, without calling someone a wacist, you admit that you cannot defend your position AT ALL.

I asked a question. The reply to the question is we should not be allowing people who do not look like Mac to vote. You can pretend that isn't what it is all you want. Be honest.

Forum List

Back