do we have enough parties ??

so the definition is "not astroturfing"

i used dean as an example because he was really one of the first to work the web. that was grassroots or no.
how about obama in the beginning ? when he was going to take public campaign funding and close gitmo and stuff.. fix the oceans and tides... and so forth

what about Ass book and twitter??

Facebook accounts can be created simply for astroturfing (it's been done over and over again) and twitter accounts can be created, deleted or blocked and recreated. Good for 140 characters of crap. Propaganda is propaganda. What about Obama in the beginning? That wasn't grassroots. That was a strategy that was used by the Democrats. Astroturfing is the Tea Party was created and funded by the Kochs. It is the pretense of grass roots while being corporate funded or with money coming in from obscure places-like we saw with the faux privatized school advocates.

You underestimate the wariness and revulsion of one more round of people being bullshitted. You want to talk third party? Tell me what you can do, tell me what you can't do, tell me what your limitations/obstacles are, tell me what the plans are to circumvent or "negotiate" to still achieve anything on a given platform.

Even then it will still need to start locally and take years and maybe you get a cookie.

You keep thinking that I'm a Democrat because of my stance. I'm not. I'm a registered Independent.

Last edited:

i used dean as an example because he was really one of the first to work the web. that was grassroots or no.
how about obama in the beginning ? when he was going to take public campaign funding and close gitmo and stuff.. fix the oceans and tides... and so forth

Facebook accounts can be created simply for astroturfing (it's been done over and over again) and twitter accounts can be created, deleted or blocked and recreated. Good for 140 characters of crap. Propaganda is propaganda. What about Obama in the beginning? That wasn't grassroots. That was a strategy that was used by the Democrats. Astroturfing is the Tea Party was created and funded by the Kochs. It is the pretense of grass roots while being corporate funded or with money coming in from obscure places-like we saw with the faux privatized school advocates.

You underestimate the wariness and revulsion of one more round of people being bullshitted. You want to talk third party? Tell me what you can do, tell me what you can't do, tell me what your limitations/obstacles are, tell me what the plans are to circumvent or "negotiate" to still achieve anything on a given platform.

Even then it will still need to start locally and take years and maybe you get a cookie.

You keep thinking that I'm a Democrat because of my stance. I'm not. I'm a registered Independent.
have to find the right candidate to believe in first, that'eligible, i don't believe we've met her yet. or don't know her well enough...
but yeah i'm working on a platform, a much smaller ones than the ones we have now...

best of both sides, smack damn in the middle. less government means more fun

we don't have to declare party affiliation, democrat party astroturfs too though right, not just the right.... i like lot's of democrats

Last edited:

have to find the right candidate to believe in first, that'eligible, i don't believe we've met her yet. or don't know her well enough

Bullshit. You don't locate someone and base your standards on idolizing him or her-You hire that individual.

Last edited:

have to find the right candidate to believe in first, that'eligible, i don't believe we've met her yet. or don't know her well enough

Bullshit. You don't locate someone and base your standards on idolizing him or her-You hire that individual.
you have to find them first. then believe in them. vetting will eventually get stronger. to find them you have to hear what they believe in, what they have to say... there may be a new candidate out there now.. not the stale ones we have now. and polling has become a ball and chain...

hiring is so different from being elected

Hiring is precisely like electing.

But, hey......knock yourself out. The Dems and the Repubs and your current third parties haven't managed to figure out that selling bullshit is on the decline and it doesn't matter what type of packaging you put it in. This is not selling a product. Hard for the newish group of political advertisers to grasp because they grew up in a world of everything is for sale.

Hiring is precisely like electing.

But, hey......knock yourself out. The Dems and the Repubs and your current third parties haven't managed to figure out that selling bullshit is on the decline and it doesn't matter what type of packaging you put it in. This is not selling a product. Hard for the newish group of political advertisers to grasp because they grew up in a world of everything is for sale.
i have no idea what you are talking about.

The framers of the Constitution did not believe we would have political parties and made no provisions for such in the Constitution. The irony was that parties began to form over the ratification of that same Constitution. Instead of groups or factions neutralizing each other as the framers had predicted they gathered under the big tent and we ended up with two parties. The Conservative party has died twice in our history and the third conservative party is now the Republican party.

The framers of the Constitution did not believe we would have political parties and made no provisions for such in the Constitution. The irony was that parties began to form over the ratification of that same Constitution. Instead of groups or factions neutralizing each other as the framers had predicted they gathered under the big tent and we ended up with two parties. The Conservative party has died twice in our history and the third conservative party is now the Republican party.
fascinating, why the electoral college ??

& Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Twelfth Amendment (Amendment XII) to the United States Constitutionprovides the procedure for electing the President and Vice President. It replacedArticle II, Section 1, Clause 3, which provided the original procedure by which theElectoral College functioned. Problems with the original procedure arose in the elections of 1796 and 1800. The Twelfth Amendment refined the process whereby a President and a Vice President are elected by the Electoral College. The amendment was proposed by the Congress on December 9, 1803, and was ratified by the requisite three–fourths of state legislatures on June 15, 1804.

i like how whom ever came in second got VP.. ockham's razor again

Last edited:

Forum List

Back