Do Trump supporters understand their opposition?

Just curious, if Trump supporters understand why there is such strong distain and opposition for Donald Trump from so many Americans. Thoughts?
I've had conversations with a few of his fans who simply won't admit any of his faults or weaknesses.

There's no way to know if they're being obtuse or if their fanaticism has simply blinded them to the obvious.

Just curious, if Trump supporters understand why there is such strong distain and opposition for Donald Trump from so many Americans. Thoughts?

When you have third party candidates working to keep you from winning you know there is something wrong with the GOP candidate!

The choice here is between two shit sandwiches.
For us the question is how is it possible to for so many to blindly support the single most narcissistic, sociopathic bitch/bastard who has EVER run for President.

You are expecting rationality from people that have tossed rationality in the dumpster. They only thing these people understand are their angry 'feelings' and a desire to somehow turn back the clock to 1950.

I think a lot know, they just don't care. That's how bad some people dislike Clinton.

You are expecting rationality from people that have tossed rationality in the dumpster. They only thing these people understand are their angry 'feelings' and a desire to somehow turn back the clock to 1950.
"rationality"
who you voting for?

I dont think they care what anyone thinks. They are trying to preserve something and to hell with anything that stops that process. Most Hilary voters know she isnt their first choice but she is better than letting some narcissistic, pompous, orange windbag win the title of POTUS.

Like the disdain for Romney, McCain, GWB, and back and back all the way to Reagan?

Every republican nominee is Hitler, the difference here is Trump is actually not a politician, and thus easier to provoke and get those yummy yummy soundbites that the MSM loves to plaster all over the place.

Cruz/Walker/Kasich/Rubio would have gotten the same treatment, and would have been held to the same scorn, they just wouldn't be giving progressives as much ammunition.

The anti-Trumpers sell them short. The pro-Trump folks I know accept that he's obnoxious, but they don't care. They agree with him on illegal immigrants and muslims, and they agree the system is "rigged."

And frankly he's been race baiting and saying America is "weak" for over two decades.

For us the question is how is it possible to for so many to blindly support the single most narcissistic, sociopathic bitch/bastard who has EVER run for President.
I understand your gripes with Clinton, I don't like her much either. I also understand not liking Trump but wanting to support a republican ticket. I'm just curious if Trump supporters recognize why many people simply can't vote for a guy like Trump.

Last edited:

Like the disdain for Romney, McCain, GWB, and back and back all the way to Reagan?

Every republican nominee is Hitler, the difference here is Trump is actually not a politician, and thus easier to provoke and get those yummy yummy soundbites that the MSM loves to plaster all over the place.

Cruz/Walker/Kasich/Rubio would have gotten the same treatment, and would have been held to the same scorn, they just wouldn't be giving progressives as much ammunition.
Not all republicans are hot for Donnie.

Projection.

I understand your gripes with Clinton, I don't like her much either. I also understand not liking Trump but wanted to support a republican ticket. I'm just curious if Trump supporters recognize why many people simply can't vote for a guy like Trump.

Of course we can, speaking just for me I cannot understand why we as a Nation keep swallowing the same shit every 4 years. We just let them do this to us again and again.

I think the election will be closer than what people think. There are a lot of people giving lip service but when the vote is counted dont be surprised at how many whites voted for Drumpf.

Hillary Clinton is the main reason why many of Trump voters can not see the faults of his or they do but do not acknowledge them...

I believe they see his faults and understand Trump is the worst candidate ever for the GOP but then they look over what the Democratic Party is offering and then shake their head while believing the option is either Trump of Clinton.

If Trump voters were wise they would ditch him on election day and go Third Party because it will piss off the GOP to no end. Yes it will give Hillary Clinton the win for the White House ( Which is going to happen ), so why not just bitch slap the GOP by voting third party!?!

Not all republicans are hot for Donnie.

I'm one of them, however I'd rather suffer 4 years of him (less if he really does something stupid, HE would be impeached) than 4-8 years of Hillary.

At least with Trump you know the Media would do its freaking job.

I don't agree, there have been some dirty battles in the past but nothing like this... this election has dropped to new levels of distortion manipulation and outright disrespect. I think Trump brought a lot of that stuff into the arena

Hilly just gave a speech pleading with the public to accept the results of an election she wins.

Whatever happens she owns.

Forum List

Back